Cruz looks to block illegal immigrants from ever receiving welfare

Way to move the goalposts Ravi.

He wants to stop welfare to illegals. How you jump from that to starving children is weird. You see, most people are completely capable of finding a job. Papers as you put it wouldn't be an issue since this law would grant them the ability to work legally just not get any entitlments. If that isn't good enough they could alway GO BACK HOME

If my parents were on vacation in Egypt when I was born would I be considered Egyptian or American and would I be a citizen of?

You would still be an American your parents would have to take your birth certificate to the Embassy in Cairo, Americans are born overseas all the time you are still American. I am not sure if the Egyptians would give you citizenship just because you are born there though.

Yeah.. because we all know that to an entitlement junkie, working is out of the question
You can't get a job if you don't have papers.

So you are telling me no illegal has a job here :rolleyes:

So they are already criminals.. got it...funny how you don't complain about that part of the criminal behavior

1) Start enforcing laws that we have. Stop allowing 'sanctuary cities' to continue their practice
2) Require proof of citizenship for any entitlements (I would rather support eliminating the entitlements, but the entitlement class will fight that continually)
3) Raid employers that hire illegals, fine the crap out of them and take away their incentive
4) Secure the border
5) Deport every illegal you get your hand on
6) Record via fingerprint and DNA every illegal.Require fingerprint and DNA for all entitlement recipients..
7) Extend the no entitlement effort to include if the illegal ever becomes a citizen in the future.. punishment for the illegal activity
If you read what I responded to to begin with, I was addressing the children born to non-americans who are now Americans. You go right ahead and deport them.

You can't get a job if you don't have papers.

So you are telling me no illegal has a job here :rolleyes:

So they are already criminals.. got it...funny how you don't complain about that part of the criminal behavior

1) Start enforcing laws that we have. Stop allowing 'sanctuary cities' to continue their practice
2) Require proof of citizenship for any entitlements (I would rather support eliminating the entitlements, but the entitlement class will fight that continually)
3) Raid employers that hire illegals, fine the crap out of them and take away their incentive
4) Secure the border
5) Deport every illegal you get your hand on
6) Record via fingerprint and DNA every illegal.Require fingerprint and DNA for all entitlement recipients..
7) Extend the no entitlement effort to include if the illegal ever becomes a citizen in the future.. punishment for the illegal activity
If you read what I responded to to begin with, I was addressing the children born to non-americans who are now Americans. You go right ahead and deport them.

btw, why should employers be forced to enforce immigration law?

Last edited:

He wants to stop welfare to illegals. How you jump from that to starving children is weird. You see, most people are completely capable of finding a job. Papers as you put it wouldn't be an issue since this law would grant them the ability to work legally just not get any entitlments. If that isn't good enough they could alway GO BACK HOME

^another one that didn't read Clod's post.

I still say that the long term fix is to make E-Verify a requirement for every employer of all sizes. I don't care if you have 1 employee or 1 million. Every single one has to have been verified through E-Verify.

Anyone caught not using it goes to jail and that company loses all Government Contracts for 50 years.

You went from the babies to adults not being able to work.

You moved the goalposts. The babies have parents do they not? All they have to do under this bill is GET A JOB.

Why is that a problem?

For that to happen we need an ammendment to the Constition.

On that say in order to be an American citizen at least one of your parents has to be an American.

That would get rid of the anchor babies and the drain on our social services by illegals.

Awesome! Then we'll have thousands and thousands of stateless people unable to make a living and having to turn to crime. Sounds like an excellent idea.

Send them home, they are all citizens of some country. What is it about the word "illegal" that you don't understand? They are criminals, they violated our laws, they entered our country without permission.

Yes, we all feel sorry for people that want to come here for a better life-------but do it legally, play by the rules---do that and we welcome them.

You moved the goalposts. The babies have parents do they not? All they have to do under this bill is GET A JOB.

Why is that a problem?
Babies grow up. What do you think is going to be more harmful in the long run: loyal citizens or stateless people?

I still say that the long term fix is to make E-Verify a requirement for every employer of all sizes. I don't care if you have 1 employee or 1 million. Every single one has to have been verified through E-Verify.

Anyone caught not using it goes to jail and that company loses all Government Contracts for 50 years.

E verify really wont work. Most illegals work for small businesses under the table for cash. No application is ever filled out in most cases. Busting those employers is near impossible.

^Big brother at its finest.

I personally want neither my picture, fingerprints or vital statics on a government website nor do I see the need as an employer to enforce our stupid immigration laws.

Why is that a problem?
Babies grow up. What do you think is going to be more harmful in the long run: loyal citizens or stateless people?

Neither since we're only talking about a few thousand people. But don't let that stop you from making a bigger issue of it than it is.

Why is that a problem?

By the way why do you consider welfare a prerequisite for "loyalty "?

That's just stupid

Why is that a problem?

Neither since we're only talking about a few thousand people. But don't let that stop you from making a bigger issue of it than it is.
According to one of the nutter websites, there are 4 million of them.

Why is that a problem?

By the way why do you consider welfare a prerequisite for "loyalty "?

That's just stupid

What are you babbling about?

Bottom line. They came here for opportunities and a better life. They wont find that on the welfare doles. This bill is just. You broke our laws and cheated. We let you stay but WITHOUT being paid to do so.

Deporting babies born in this country is out of the question imo. Do not punish the child for the sins of their parents.

Forum List

Back