Cruz looks to block illegal immigrants from ever receiving welfare

You can't get a job if you don't have papers.

So you are telling me no illegal has a job here :rolleyes:

So they are already criminals.. got it...funny how you don't complain about that part of the criminal behavior

1) Start enforcing laws that we have. Stop allowing 'sanctuary cities' to continue their practice
2) Require proof of citizenship for any entitlements (I would rather support eliminating the entitlements, but the entitlement class will fight that continually)
3) Raid employers that hire illegals, fine the crap out of them and take away their incentive
4) Secure the border
5) Deport every illegal you get your hand on
6) Record via fingerprint and DNA every illegal.Require fingerprint and DNA for all entitlement recipients..
7) Extend the no entitlement effort to include if the illegal ever becomes a citizen in the future.. punishment for the illegal activity
If you read what I responded to to begin with, I was addressing the children born to non-americans who are now Americans. You go right ahead and deport them.

Children do not receive entitlements and if the illegal parents receive them, there is no way to ensure it is only spent on the children...

Unfortunately the anchor babies are citizens under current law.. I don't like it, but it is true.. and if they are sent along with the parents who get deported, when they are adults they can come back as citizens or even have dual citizenship... if their parents wish to leave them here with citizens or give them up as wards of the state, so be it

Cruz For President 2016 ! lol

Great idea, if he was constitutionally eligible. Problem is he isn't.

But... since we've already set precedent electing one constitutionally ineligible president with the kenyan, we may as well say fuck it... so ya... Cruz for president.

Notice Cruz doesn't want to put any responsibility on the companies that hire immigrants.

Yeah, I noticed he's focusing on the govts role in the magnet effect. Which is exactly what he should be doing imo. Stop blaming businesses for the failures of our govt

stop blaming business for doing something illegal ? really?

There should be more to getting American citizenship than just being born here, we need to change that.

Yes we do. We are the only country that has that provision.

If your born in France, Germany or any other country you are not a citizen of that country.

America is the only country that has that provision and it was put in place for the children of freed slaves. To make sure they were recognized as citizens. No one ever thought it would apply to every Tom, Dick and Harry that was born here.

Should be changed.
I believe that you are incorrect. My son was born in Germany and, as a result, is automatically eligible for citizenship there. You do have to send in the papers but that is not because he is not automatically a citizen but because you can refuse that. If I am not mistaken, he retains the right to claim citizenship there after he turns 18 as well for a short period of time.

We declined because there is no reason and the fact that it obligates you to German law. Sure, as long as he stays in America it would be meaningless but if he ever went to Germany and had not fulfilled his obligations he could be held accountable.

I agree with both ideas. A person who has broken our laws should never be able to become a citizen or have access to the public treasury.

For that to happen we need an ammendment to the Constition.

On that say in order to be an American citizen at least one of your parents has to be an American.

That would get rid of the anchor babies and the drain on our social services by illegals.

I know what you are thinking, but I believe you are wrong. There is no Constitutional right to welfare or access to the public treasury.

I do agree that we need to change the laws as not to give children of illegals American Citizenship. But I believe that can be done with laws, not Constitutional Amendments.

The 14th Amendment does not need to be changed but correctly applied. If the Supreme court ever got the case it would be corrected. Judges have made decisions on cases but I don't think the Supreme Court has. And it should be retroactive. Those anchor babies are also citizens of Mexico and Mexico should be responsible for their welfare and education.

The Mexican Constitution And*Anchor Babies

^another one that didn't read Clod's post.

You went from the babies to adults not being able to work.

You moved the goalposts. The babies have parents do they not? All they have to do under this bill is GET A JOB.

Why is that a problem?
Babies grow up. What do you think is going to be more harmful in the long run: loyal citizens or stateless people?

they are not stateless, they are all citizens of some country--just not the USA. Send them home and then let them apply legally.

Why is that so hard for you to grasp?

I agree with both ideas. A person who has broken our laws should never be able to become a citizen or have access to the public treasury.

For that to happen we need an ammendment to the Constition.

On that say in order to be an American citizen at least one of your parents has to be an American.

That would get rid of the anchor babies and the drain on our social services by illegals.

I know what you are thinking, but I believe you are wrong. There is no Constitutional right to welfare or access to the public treasury.

I do agree that we need to change the laws as not to give children of illegals American Citizenship. But I believe that can be done with laws, not Constitutional Amendments.

The 14th Amendment does not need to be changed but correctly applied. If the Supreme court ever got the case it would be corrected. Judges have made decisions on cases but I don't think the Supreme Court has. And it should be retroactive. Those anchor babies are also citizens of Mexico and Mexico should be responsible for their welfare and education.

The Mexican Constitution And*Anchor Babies

The 14th is quite clear. I don’t see a way around that plain language.

The court would not change ‘anchor babies.’ If you want to see that process changed you are going to have to get an amendment passed.

Forum List

Back