Cuomo declares NY independent from federal government

Interestingly, he describes the 'tyranny' emanating from Washington, DC, as 'a federal assault', yet of the three agenda points mentioned -- Marijuana legalization, MORE gun control, and 'environmental protections' -- two of them severely limit personal liberties.

And he has the temerity to invoke the Founding Fathers and the Revolutionary War.

Guy's a psychopath...but then just look at the ABNORMALS we have posting in here...psychos all!

Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo, in a fiery address on Monday, declared New York “independent” from the federal government.

Invoking the Revolutionary War, the third-term Democratic governor said the state must stand up to what he describes as “a federal assault” on the state’s values, while outlining his 20-point agenda for the coming legislative session.

“Ladies and gentlemen, this nation is in crisis. The social fabric is fraying and it is nearing its breaking point,” he said. “We must stand up to this tyranny once again. Not with muskets the way our founders did. But with our voices and our votes and with the power and example of our action here in New York.”

His agenda, which includes marijuana legalization, gun control measures, and environmental protections, is New York’s Declaration of Independence, Cuomo said.

“We disconnect from the nationalism, and the racism, and the chaos, and the xenophobia, and the misogyny, and the discrimination, and the dissembling of this Washington administration.

“As our forefathers rebelled against England resenting the king’s values and abuse, let us announce New York’s rebellion from the current federal policies,” he said.

Read more about his 2019 agenda here.

Read more at blog.timesunion.com ..

In 1998 Andrew Cuomo Clinton HUD Sec. Admits Forcing Banks to Make Affirmative Action (Subprime) Loans" which was the major cause of the housing bubble collapse of 2008!

Great, is he a conservative talking about the limited powers of the fed or unconstitutional executive orders?

You mean like the mulatto!
Top 10 Ways Obama Violated The Constitution During His Presidency
The Federalist

View attachment 237063
Jan 19, 2017 · Indeed, once he lost the congressional majority that allowed him to sign breathtakingly unconstitutional legislation like Obamacare and ...

interesting racial reference. I'll keep it in mind everytime I read anything you type.

Ey, you ever read the New Testament? You know, the covenant christians must abide by if they wanna make it past St Peter and through the pearly gates whenever judgement day occurs?

Great, is he a conservative talking about the limited powers of the fed or unconstitutional executive orders?
That great jackass Cuomo has go so far left he is doubling back on the far right now. He's telling the federal government to go away and leave NY alone. I wonder if he will decline to take the fed's dirty contaminated money too?

So you are mad at him for doing something viewed as conservative.

Gay Gavin Newsom is doing the same thing in California. He has thrown out the welcome mat for every criminal including those wanted by interpol.

Cuomo isn't doing something viewed as conservative...it's a progressive thing now to ignore the laws they don't like.
They are the new purveyors of Jim Crow politics. And how can I be mad at a snake for doing what a snake does?

Cuomo isn't doing something viewed as conservative...it's a progressive thing now to ignore the laws they don't like.
They are the new purveyors of Jim Crow politics. And how can I be mad at a snake for doing what a snake does?

Its very mature to recognize a creature for what it is.

So his progressive thing is defending his state's right to laws government "marijuana legalization, gun control measures, and environmental protections," ( I copied that from the OP).?

There are some gun rights given in the Bill of Rights, as long as folks well regulate themselves in some militia I suppose.

Yes. It sure is.
So his progressive thing is defending his state's right to laws government "marijuana legalization, gun control measures, and environmental protections," ( I copied that from the OP).?

There are some gun rights given in the Bill of Rights, as long as folks well regulate themselves in some militia I suppose.
Governor's 2019 agenda includes marijuana legalization
Cuiomo is rattling the sabre trying to gin up enthusiasm for a very leftist agenda, which places New York slightly ahead of California in a race to the bottom of the barrel.

He's free to lead the way but like his sanctuary policy, he's not free to ignore federal law.

Yes. It sure is.

Governor's 2019 agenda includes marijuana legalization
Cuiomo is rattling the sabre trying to gin up enthusiasm for a very leftist agenda, which places New York slightly ahead of California in a race to the bottom of the barrel.

He's free to lead the way but like his sanctuary policy, he's not free to ignore federal law.

I don't get the link. It says he wants legal pot and NY to be carbon neutral by 2040? He's not much of a militarist I suppose but what do you disagree with there? His property tax measures?

I agree while Reagan was governor of California they signed some crazy environmental regulations. I'm sure we can nit pick this and that but the automotive ones it was probably time for.

What are we debating here? That he's a leftist because he's fighting for his state's right to talk loudly against Trump or something?

I don't get the link. It says he wants legal pot and NY to be carbon neutral by 2040? He's not much of a militarist I suppose but what do you disagree with there? His property tax measures?
I'm surprised NY hasn't already gone the route of Colorado and Washington, etc. as far as weed goes.
And a carbon neutral goal is just unrealistic blather that will cost NY and like California, it's financially unrealistic Cuomo is pretending New York can finance an extreme welfare state, go towards a green economy, raise already very high taxes, keep businesses from leaving the state, etc. It isn't possible.

Cuomos is just puffing up his feathers and crowing loudly. As I said he is in a contest with the kooks in Sacramento and he will be hard put to match Gavin Newsome's new promises and ridiculous policies.

I agree while Reagan was governor of California they signed some crazy environmental regulations. I'm sure we can nit pick this and that but the automotive ones it was probably time for.

What are we debating here? That he's a leftist because he's fighting for his state's right to talk loudly against Trump or something?
Nope. He's not a leftist because he is putting on his big boy pants and talking tough.
He has always been on the fringe of the conventional left. I'm not debating his right to talk big and make big promises.
I'm just questioning the wisdom of his outlier status and like Gavin Newsome, he is placing himself far outside the mainstream and doing his state real harm, in the long run, by his extreme agenda.

I'm surprised NY hasn't already gone the route of Colorado and Washington, etc. as far as weed goes.
And a carbon neutral goal is just unrealistic blather that will cost NY and like California, it's financially unrealistic Cuomo is pretending New York can finance an extreme welfare state, go towards a green economy, raise already very high taxes, keep businesses from leaving the state, etc. It isn't possible.

Cuomos is just puffing up his feathers and crowing loudly. As I said he is in a contest with the kooks in Sacramento and he will be hard put to match Gavin Newsome's new promises and ridiculous policies.

Nope. He's not a leftist because he is putting on his big boy pants and talking tough.
He has always been on the fringe of the conventional left. I'm not debating his right to talk big and make big promises.
I'm just questioning the wisdom of his outlier status and like Gavin Newsome, he is placing himself far outside the mainstream and doing his state real harm, in the long run, by his extreme agenda.

What is extreme about his agenda? Like Republican Governor having California he is pushing environmental standards?

We need to keep ahead of China so if this is part of the equation let me know.

Good. NY can sit out the next election and have no electoral votes.

Good. NY can sit out the next election and have no electoral votes.

What is it you don't like? The way he is asserting States Rights?

I'm not much of a States Rights fellow either. When I think of them I think of Eisenhower using the Band of Brothers to scare a Governor and his National Guard into allowing a school to be desegregated.

For the most part though I've just seen a link with NY talking about environmental standards. Hell, them historically Republican Governor having Californians have environmental standards so I'm not so excited there either.

Well if he's independent he won't need any Fed money then will he.

Lets see how long the NY taxpayers like having to pay the difference.

Wow, if they hating paying their property taxes, they are really going to hate having to pony up for his Utopia. Who will bail out New Cuba?

Interestingly, he describes the 'tyranny' emanating from Washington, DC, as 'a federal assault', yet of the three agenda points mentioned -- Marijuana legalization, MORE gun control, and 'environmental protections' -- two of them severely limit personal liberties.

And he has the temerity to invoke the Founding Fathers and the Revolutionary War.

Guy's a psychopath...but then just look at the ABNORMALS we have posting in here...psychos all!

Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo, in a fiery address on Monday, declared New York “independent” from the federal government.

Invoking the Revolutionary War, the third-term Democratic governor said the state must stand up to what he describes as “a federal assault” on the state’s values, while outlining his 20-point agenda for the coming legislative session.

“Ladies and gentlemen, this nation is in crisis. The social fabric is fraying and it is nearing its breaking point,” he said. “We must stand up to this tyranny once again. Not with muskets the way our founders did. But with our voices and our votes and with the power and example of our action here in New York.”

His agenda, which includes marijuana legalization, gun control measures, and environmental protections, is New York’s Declaration of Independence, Cuomo said.

“We disconnect from the nationalism, and the racism, and the chaos, and the xenophobia, and the misogyny, and the discrimination, and the dissembling of this Washington administration.

“As our forefathers rebelled against England resenting the king’s values and abuse, let us announce New York’s rebellion from the current federal policies,” he said.

Read more about his 2019 agenda here.

Read more at blog.timesunion.com ..

In 1998 Andrew Cuomo Clinton HUD Sec. Admits Forcing Banks to Make Affirmative Action (Subprime) Loans" which was the major cause of the housing bubble collapse of 2008!

Cuomo was never great.

most people aren't-----he is studious

Forum List

Back