CURL: The Obamas live the 1 percent life

obama is the model for the future man he would like to make. One who lives a lavish lifestyle but is able to shift the burden of paying for that lifestyle to the general public.

Communists always want to live off the efforts of others. That is their means of survival. Look at Marx. He lived off others and set the example for them.

CURL: The Obamas live the 1 percent life - Washington Times

Sometimes, that perception cuts to the core. Like when President George W. Bush stopped playing golf in 2003, at the height of the Iraq War.

“I think playing golf during a war just sends the wrong signal,” he said years later. “I don’t want some mom whose son may have recently died to see the commander in chief playing golf. I feel I owe it to the families to be in solidarity as best as I can with them.”

That’s also why Mr. Bush did two other things, without fanfare or praise. First, he never headed home to his Texas ranch until after Christmas, instead going to Camp David for a few days. That way, the hundreds of people revolving around him at all times — White House staff, Secret Service agents, reporters, photographers, all the others — could spend the holiday with their families in and around Washington, D.C. No one ever reported that — until this column.

Second, he rarely attended sporting events, although he once owned a baseball team and was a self-confessed stats junkie. His thinking there was the same: If he went to a baseball game (right down the street from the White House), his mere presence would mean hours and hours of extra security for fans. He once stopped off at the Daytona 500 and the metal detectors through which every fan had to pass left thousands outside in line when the green flag fell; he didn’t attend many sporting events after that.

And by sacrificing most of his personal options for free time to vaca, he was a wonderful role model for his children, who learned you don't flaunt your life and times, on the taxpayer's dime, who are struggling for a living and those victims of natural disasters who are, living in tents.

Mr. and Mrs. Bush were great role models for their children, who had fun in their teens, but grew into responsible adults.

"Example is not only the main thing; it is the only thing."

Sometimes, that perception cuts to the core. Like when President George W. Bush stopped playing golf in 2003, at the height of the Iraq War.

“I think playing golf during a war just sends the wrong signal,” he said years later. “I don’t want some mom whose son may have recently died to see the commander in chief playing golf. I feel I owe it to the families to be in solidarity as best as I can with them.”

That’s also why Mr. Bush did two other things, without fanfare or praise. First, he never headed home to his Texas ranch until after Christmas, instead going to Camp David for a few days. That way, the hundreds of people revolving around him at all times — White House staff, Secret Service agents, reporters, photographers, all the others — could spend the holiday with their families in and around Washington, D.C. No one ever reported that — until this column.

Second, he rarely attended sporting events, although he once owned a baseball team and was a self-confessed stats junkie. His thinking there was the same: If he went to a baseball game (right down the street from the White House), his mere presence would mean hours and hours of extra security for fans. He once stopped off at the Daytona 500 and the metal detectors through which every fan had to pass left thousands outside in line when the green flag fell; he didn’t attend many sporting events after that.

I have to agree with you Willy

Bush did show restraint in attending sporting events

0811_beachbush_460x276.jpg

Yes, well President Bush is Republican. Barack Hussein Obama is a communist. Communists do not care about anyone but themselves and the 1% is all about them. The doctrine of the communists is that the rest of society is to be treated as a sort of "herd". They don't count. Isn't it amazing that the occupy wallstreeters were trained by the 1% to protest against the 99% so they could enrich the coffers of the other 1% again? - J.

Ohhh, I thought Obama was a communist because he wanted to spread the wealth. Now he is a communist because he wants all the money for the 1%. Or more likely, you have no idea what communism means.

Obama still wants to spread the wealth.

Somebody else's, that is.

Forum List

Back