Current COVID-19 Mortality Rate: 1.35%

Total deaths/Total cases = 1.35% mortality rate in the US.

This is from the CDC site TODAY:

C-19-March-25.jpg

Things are moving so fast, it's now up to 1.37% of confirmed cases, but to put things in perspective, it is among the lowest rates among developed countries of any size.

Hopefully you realize how many people are in ICU's who will ultimately die and that we're a month behind Italy.

No, you don't ... Never mind
Italy diagnosed their first case they same day we did.

Okay, you go with that.

The Intercept?
And their first local case on 2-22

We're going to become Italy. I'd say in 2-3 more weeks. They ARE way ahead of us. So is the rest of Europe.

Conoravirus aint the F'n FLU -
Actually its very much the same family of viruses...respiratory in nature that causes your body to fight back by elevating your body temp until the virus dies or you die....and that depends largely on your health and age and gender....

Yes, it does have a very low mortality rate.
The flu, which Trump and the Hive Mind stupidly compare to COVID-19, has a mortality rate of 0.1%.

1.35% is 13.5 times more fatal than the flu.

So the next time you hear a Trumptard talk about the umpteen thousand people who die each year from the flu, multiply their number by 13.5, and that will explain why we should have reacted much more quickly and with greater force to this "hoax".
No one called it a hoax stop lying it only harms your case....
Trump called it a Democrat hoax. Then blew it off and went golfing.

What a tard!
He did not tard...stop lying or no one will ever take you seriously here again....you have been lying for two weeks now....

Yes, he did. :28 in:

And Fox News did too.

You conveniently missed the most important part....the beginning when he said the democrats are politicizing the corona virus...he never called the virus a hoax only the politicization of it....everything the dems do is a hoax....they are the hoax party....

HE DAMN SURE DID

No he didn't....watch the video dummy....

One of my people came up to me and said, ‘Mr. President, they tried to beat you on Russia, Russia, Russia. That didn’t work out too well. They couldn’t do it.’ They tried the impeachment hoax,” said Trump. “And this is their new hoax.”

BITE ME

And from that you can't figure out he was saying the Dims would use it against him for political gain............and he was right.

You are an idiot.

We're going to become Italy. I'd say in 2-3 more weeks. They ARE way ahead of us. So is the rest of Europe.
No we won't US death rates are already flattening out...and warmer temps do weaken this virus and spring is here....

C-19-March-25.jpg

Things are moving so fast, it's now up to 1.37% of confirmed cases, but to put things in perspective, it is among the lowest rates among developed countries of any size.

Hopefully you realize how many people are in ICU's who will ultimately die and that we're a month behind Italy.

Okay, you go with that.

The Intercept?

C-19-March-25.jpg

Okay, you go with that.

The Intercept?

New York is already there. They have 1/2 of our total cases. At the rate they are going, that % will increase.

What remains to be seen is things turn down in other states.

The problem being that we don't have data on who is being tested and why ?

C-19-March-25.jpg

This is just you hoping for the worst for America. We are not a month behind Italy. Italy is still behind us. Because the EU never closed its borders between member states, and because Italy is a prime tourist location, its population infected people continued to enter Italy even as the crisis grew to an unsupportable size. To make matters worse, Italy has a much older population than the US, so it mortality rate is naturally much higher.

If you look at the statistics for EU countries, those with a high rate of tourism have a high rate of infection and those with a lower rate of tourism have a lower rate of infection. President Trump's early action to cut off travel from countries with high infection rates is the reason we have a so much lower mortality rate than most other developed countries of any size.

No, Europe is closer to China. That is why what we've been looking at is 4-8 weeks behind.

And no, I am not hoping for the worst for 'Murica - That's ridiculous.

Trump's travel bans were mostly ineffective. The axe murderer was already in the house when they were initiated.

The death rate in Italy went to 10% once the health care system became overwhelmed
you really think every state in the country is going to have their health care system overwhelmed?

All the big cities where people live together in close quarters
Good thing I don't live in a city.

We should be preventing anyone from leaving NY for the next 2 months.
Yeah. I avoid the heavy metropolitan area here.....although I went for gas and some welding wire yesterday. Must have been 8 people in town. One said he knew a guy who knew a girl , 300 miles away, that heard of a guy who had Corona.....the beer. Not the virus

C-19-March-25.jpg

you don't actually know the number of total cases all you know is the number of positive test results.
That's the morality rate among confirmed cases and at this point that's be best estimate we have of how dangerous the virus is.
And it's just a guess.

And you'll notice in the OP he said TOTAL cases not total positive test results
Total cases and positive test results are the same thing. The term, positive test result, means the CDC has confirmed the individual has the virus. Until the CDC does this, the term, presumed positive test result, is used. In any case, a mortality rate of 1.35% is very good compared to other developed nations of any size.
No not really.

total cases include people who had the virus, recovered and never got tested
Nope.

yes.

Would you say the total number of people in the US are only the number of registered voters, or only the number of people over 30 years old?

No you wouldn't

well maybe you would
The same metrics are used to determine the mortality for all diseases, idiot. You are just parroting desperate talking points from the same propagandists who told you this virus was a hoax.
and they are still wrong

Sorry, but I trust the science more than a dipshit on a forum.

There has to be a common metric. Not some imaginary bullshit.

The common metric says the flu has a mortality rate of 0.1%, and right now the mortality rate for COVID-19 in the US is thirteen and a half times higher.

Period.

So just ignore the fact that every single person who walks into any DR's office can get a rapid flu test but only some people meet the threshold for a corona test for which they have to drive to some testing center with a prescription to get tested.

This is remedial analytical thinking. When nearly 100% of people with even the mildest symptoms of the flu are tested and a smaller percentage of people with only the most severe corona symptoms are getting tested the mortality rates calculated for the latter will be less accurate in direct proportion to the difference in percentage of the number of tests performed.
It takes months to develop a good test and then it gets modified several times...we started the seasonal flu test a year ago....the corona test needed time to configure...and produce....I say we did a hell of a job if you ask me....
tests for corona virus have existed for years
Not this version...that is why you end up with multiple test for each virus...they begin with existing tests and then modify it to fit the virus in question....once its as reliable as can be then they send it out as fast as it can be produced...but think of the demand globally....it takes time is all I'm saying....a faulty false positive or negative test is not a good thing...as I'm sure you can imagine...

Yes, it does have a very low mortality rate.
The flu, which Trump and the Hive Mind stupidly compare to COVID-19, has a mortality rate of 0.1%.

1.35% is 13.5 times more fatal than the flu.

So the next time you hear a Trumptard talk about the umpteen thousand people who die each year from the flu, multiply their number by 13.5, and that will explain why we should have reacted much more quickly and with greater force to this "hoax".

OK just ignore that you are incorrectly stating that positive test results are equal to the number of infections
Note!

We do not test everyone for the flu either, yet we have a 0.07% mortality rate....

How'd we get that rate for the Flu without knowing all who tested positive for the Flu?

We never tested the whole country for the flu?

The actuaries and scientists are guessing on that too, just like they are taking educated guesses based on the numbers they do know on this virus.

We test far more people for flu as I said before every Dr's office, hospital and urgent care facility will test people who come in with even mild flu symptoms

We are only testing people with the most severe corona symptoms so the two mortality rates cannot be considered equally correct
Yes, I do agree we are not testing like we do with the flu because testing is very limited! And if we were testing more people, we could be more accurate on the mortality rate, most certainly lower.

But my point is that obviously, most people with the flu, do not go to the doctor either, and are not tested either.....

So they must have a formula to extrapolate to the whole of the population, that the numbers people use to come up with the Flu' s mortality rate, as well.....?
If you look at how many people caught the Spanish Flu, for example, there is a huge range of estimates, because so many people didn't go to the doctor. However, they are pretty firm on the mortality rate, despite the different estimates of how many had it.
What state are you in?
If that was for me, Florida
Good for Florida! I wish Maine could say the same. Besides not having enough test kits, the labs are running out of reagent to complete the tests. We have serious community spread in the southern part of the state, and more people really need to be tested and fast.

The U.S. population is roughly 331 million. A mortality rate of 1.3% would be roughly 4 million people. Where do these numbers come from? Are they wishful thinking?

Comforting news to the 737 family members.

No different than the 10s of thousands that have died from the flu or auto accidents. Dead is dead. But you commies can propagandize them, can ya?

C-19-March-25.jpg

Okay, you go with that.

The Intercept?

You hope we will become Italy, but there is no basis in fact to support your hope for this.

C-19-March-25.jpg

Let’s be honest, this is just another not so clever angle to say “Orange Man Bad”...right?
The TDS Mafia has officially lost all their shit...hahaha

Last edited:

C-19-March-25.jpg

Since we're pretty much refusing to test anyone unless they're so seriously ill that they need immediate medical care, those numbers are skewed. We should wait on all these numbers. We haven't done enough testing to have a clue.

I have had to post OL this because so many in America are not taking this COVID-19 seriously and it is NOTHING like just having the flu. This is possibly my longest ever post and I think it is the most important post I will ever have posted.

First last week I was tested for COVID-19 and the result was Negative. This is great of course, but because of my Government job I am having to visit certain areas that now require me to wear a full Hazmat suit and these things are a BASTARD, they are so hot it's incredible, or I don't know maybe it's just me that get's very warm wearing them.

I post this as someone who for three weeks has had their ENTIRE LIFE turned upside down after my existing Government position, my own Ministry was told to coordinate with the Ministry of Health into a Government COVID-19 Task Force locking EVERYTHING DOWN to protect the population (more on what we have been doing below after the two links, but I am not able to go into specifics as it would violate Government Protocol.)

At your current rate America will pass China for most COVID-19 Total Cases in approx 7 days, you are as right now 19,000 Total Cases behind them you have 7.460 New Cases today and China has 47 New Cases today.

I think this time next week either America or Italy will be in first place and China down to third place after them being number one place since the beginning.

The Italy Total Cases they are 7.000 behind China as of now with 5.210 New Cases today.

The Top Three of COVID-19 now are:

China Total Cases 81.218 New Cases 47
Italy Total Cases 74.386 New Cases 5.210
USA Total Cases 62.316 New Cases 7.460

Stay safe the SHTF in America VERY soon with COVID-19 and remember THIS today in Britain they say goodbye to a girl age 21 years in age with NO existing medical problems she died of COVID-19. This is NOT just a virus that infects those aged 70 and over, this is a virus that is infecting ALL age groups. This is NOT just a virus that infects those with pre-existing conditions.

1585164139003.png

1585164191888.png

This is NOT hyperbole, this is NOT a HOAX, this is REAL and it's about do you want to live or do you want to die, it's about do you want to stay safe or do you want to think you are immortal. You are NOT being asked to do a great deal, you are just being asked to for approx 21 days to 30 days to REDUCE to the ABSOLUTE MINIMUM your social interactions. It is NOT that difficult to do. You are being asked to do this for approx 21 days to 30 days so that YOUR nations health system can get a grip, so that THEY can NOT go BEHIND the curve but attempt to get AHEAD of the curve. If you get behind the curve you lose control, if you get ahead of the curve you can hope to flatten the curve.

To reduce the risk of getting COVID-19 or of spreading COVID-19 (you CAN have it, many are showing no symptoms UNTIL they have been tested, this is WHY the majority of New Cases in EVERY nation is getting higher every day because more testing is now occuring and this is how the infected are being found etc)

So to reduce the risks to YOU and to OTHERS in your community you must do the following for approx 21-30 days:

Stay INDOORS. ONLY go out to buy food or medicines. Wear protective gloves to go out, keep them on INSIDE stores etc. Wearing a MASK over your mouth and nose will NOT prevent you from getting COVID-19. Do NOT stand nearer than EIGHT FEET to another person. Make sure you are NOT near anyone displaying symptoms of coughing OR sweating on the forehead, IF ANYONE in the store is displaying these symptoms then ALERT store staff and ask that the person is asked to LEAVE the store. OUTDOORS in stores do NOT touch your face, this NOT to touch your nose, ears or eyes. WASH YOUR HANDS WITH SOAP AND SCRUB UNDER YOUR NAILS WITH A NAILBRUSH AS SOON AS YOU GET HOME and THROW AWAY the protective gloves, use a fresh pair of protective gloves next time you go out. ISOLATE from elderly family members, keep in touch with them via phone, email etc DO NOT GO AND PHYSICALLY VISIT THEM.

I post this as someone who for three weeks has been working in a Government COVID-19 Task Force locking EVERYTHING DOWN to protect the population. I have been in PMs for these three weeks basically updating some peoples at this forum privately about the IMMENSE STRUGGLE we are having CONTAINING this monster, I have been pre-warning these Americans NOT to laugh this off as some minor thing but to take seriously this the pre-warning. To those who THINK this is no worse than flu, you do not know what you are talking about. The other day we were shown some XRays of COVID-19 patients lungs and it was HORRIFIC, this was a cross section of age groups from 25-35, 45-55, 55-65 NOBODY was even over 70 years in age, the lungs are FULL of fluid.

COVID-19 the first few days you get flu like symptoms of fever and dry cough OR you might NOT have ANY symptoms and within 2 days this bastard goes from that intoi double pneumonia.

So the IDIOTS in nations who are going to parks, beaches, bars, meeting with groups of friends etc they could have NO symptoms but as they are NOT tested they COULD have COVID-19 and then by their behaviour are spreading it..

The situation in Italy, think of this, the situation in Italy now began with two Chinese tourists who had COVID-19. And look at what has resulted in Italy with just TWO PEOPLES who initially were infected.

C-19-March-25.jpg

This is just you hoping for the worst for America. We are not a month behind Italy. Italy is still behind us. Because the EU never closed its borders between member states, and because Italy is a prime tourist location, its population infected people continued to enter Italy even as the crisis grew to an unsupportable size. To make matters worse, Italy has a much older population than the US, so it mortality rate is naturally much higher.

If you look at the statistics for EU countries, those with a high rate of tourism have a high rate of infection and those with a lower rate of tourism have a lower rate of infection. President Trump's early action to cut off travel from countries with high infection rates is the reason we have a so much lower mortality rate than most other developed countries of any size.
In 2005, the latest statistic I could find, we have over 1 BILLION Tourists a year in the USA

So our tourism from other nations is HUGE

In the U.S., tourism is among the three largest employers in 29 states, employing 7.3 million in 2004, to take care of 1.19 billion trips tourists took in the U.S. in 2005.[citation needed] As of 2007, there are 2,462 registered National Historic Landmarks (NHL) recognized by the United States government. As of 2018, New York City is the most visited destination in the United States, followed by Los Angeles, Orlando, Las Vegas, and Chicago.

Tourists spend more money in the United States than any other country, while attracting the second-highest number of tourists after France and Spain.[2][3] The discrepancy may be explained by longer stays in the US.[3]

Forum List

Back