Current events is old news fast.

Seems current events is old news going back several months and is just mish mash of old news. I was just looking and it has no real line to it. I suggest you delete or move the old new to a proper event.

This is the exact reason why the Breaking News section was designed.

The Current Events section, any breaking news story quickly gets lost in the mix and then within a few hours just disappears off page one. The Breaking News section is designed so that won't happen, that a breaking news story stays valid and doesn't disappear down the rabbit hole.

Breaking News is just another category to navigate to, there are too many categories on here already

Breaking News on the Front Page is simply a replacement for the genius Cereal Killer Op Ed Section which was falling into disrepair. It's main purpose there is to get the BEST 1st impression possible of USMB, for surfers, cruisers, and potential new members.

It's there as an "outreach" to non-members. BEFORE they start cruising thru the other forums...

I pay little attention to it unless I get redirected to it

You'll have to start paying attention to it or else....the only option left is that you'll have to be airdropped into Gitmo :smoke:

Me thinks it's likely doomed, they should move it above Politics, it might work then

How can people not notice it as it is? It's right at the very top of the main page, it's the first section that anyone sees when they get here.

To be honest I didn't notice it until the news SCOTUS upheld parts of the travel ban. Had no idea it was even there

This is how it looks, how can people not notice Breaking News? Politics is four down from it.

View attachment 136014

IDK but I see it's been 30 some minutes since anyone posted in it....it needs tweaked

Seems current events is old news going back several months and is just mish mash of old news. I was just looking and it has no real line to it. I suggest you delete or move the old new to a proper event.

The Current Events section, any breaking news story quickly gets lost in the mix and then within a few hours just disappears off page one. The Breaking News section is designed so that won't happen, that a breaking news story stays valid and doesn't disappear down the rabbit hole.

Breaking News is just another category to navigate to, there are too many categories on here already

Breaking News on the Front Page is simply a replacement for the genius Cereal Killer Op Ed Section which was falling into disrepair. It's main purpose there is to get the BEST 1st impression possible of USMB, for surfers, cruisers, and potential new members.

It's there as an "outreach" to non-members. BEFORE they start cruising thru the other forums...

It's sort of stupid, everyone goes to FZ, Politics or Current. But maybe it'll eventually work

It's sort of stupid, everyone goes to FZ, Politics or Current. But maybe it'll eventually work

So perhaps we should just put the FZ on the Front Page? :coffee: That forum is the "extra surprise gift" that people get once they register.. It's amazing how people's values just don't match up anymore !!! :p

So perhaps we should just put the FZ on the Front Page? :coffee: That forum is the "extra surprise gift" that people get once they register.. It's amazing how people's values just don't match up anymore !!! :p

This is supposed to be the feedback zone, I gave feedback. I don't like it and moving threads to it is silly if nobody goes to it

Would this help people notice the Breaking News section?

siren.gif~c200

But but but what about the Gardening section? :poke::popcorn:

Would this help people notice the Breaking News section?

siren.gif~c200

The left would whine it's too much like cops and I'm weary of the whines

Didn't know there was one

It's in the Hobbies section, sandwiched between Food & Wine and Music.

I've never posted in the Gardening section, not being a fan, but I do post in Food & Wine and my music thread is in the Music section.

upload_2017-6-28_19-0-19.png

Myself I think the weirdest section is where the Social Groups are, bizarro that that section is included in the Taunting Section, when the Social Groups are the opposite of the Taunting Section.

I also think that the Social Groups would get more activity if they were not right at the very bottom of the main page.

Welcome to the board run by an admin and mods who have no idea how to manage or moderate.

Welcome to the board run by an admin and mods who have no idea how to moderate.

I think this forum has a good balance, it's better than having moderators who are Bedwetting Snowflakes and if someone mentions "nipple" or "belly button" it results in an en masse mod freak out.

This is supposed to be the feedback zone, I gave feedback. I don't like it and moving threads to it is silly if nobody goes to it
Are they moving threads to it? I don't think I'd like to have a thread I started in CEs moved :confused-84: There are different rules in these zones, aren't there?

Are they moving threads to it? I don't think I'd like to have a thread I started in CEs moved :confused-84: There are different rules in these zones, aren't there?

IDK, it's hard to keep up with different forums and different rules. Some threads you're in politics and the next thing you know you're in the FZ, annoying

Threads there still get listed as Active or New Topics. And if it's "hot" -- it'll show in the listings just as well as if it's in any other forum. That's enough for most users to notice. Unless -- they LIVE in Politics and/or Current Events...

Only time we do that is when there is OVERFLOW from other forums. And they go there rather than OVER merging the one or two threads ALLOWED in those forums..

It would not moved and merged from a "lesser moderated zone" to Break News UNLESS the mod determines all posts comply with Zone2 rules for the Breaking News forum. And would NOT be moved if they are "mature". Meaning more than a couple pages of posts.

Last edited:

Yesterday when the Supreme Court situation happened, there were the usual ten threads or whatever, all posted in Current Events, but Weatherman2020 who had posted the first thread he posted it in Breaking News and so all subsequent threads were merged with his thread.

That happens anyway, if there are ten threads all about the same thing, if you notice they all start to disappear, that's because they have all been merged with the first thread.

Breaking News is operating under Zone 2 rules, like the Politics section, Current Events is Zone 3, I think people might like Breaking News stories in a Zone 2 section because that way there is less chance of a thread derailment with all types of arguing and mini sub-threads happening within the main thread.

Threads there still get listed as Active or New Topics. And if it's "hot" -- it'll show in the listings just as well as if it's in any other forum. That's enough for most users to notice. Unless -- they LIVE in Politics and/or Current Events...

"And if it's "hot"

Well that's if I'm in the thread, then it's naturally hot by my mere presence in it :wink: :eusa_dance:

Forum List

Back