šŸŒŸ Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! šŸŒŸ

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs šŸŽ

CDZ Cyberbullying . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's because you approve of them and like their posts. You are part of the sad clique of over-50-year-old bullies! How pathetic. Lol. Why do you think there is a flame zone at all? For people like you to post at.

I like who I like.

YES! There is a Flame Zone for people like me who want one place where I can joke and not coddle the feelings of others when I donā€™t feel like it.

And somehow you end up there. In my hood. Complaining about the state of my lawn and the color of my house.

Hey, you said earlier if someone asks you to stop then you should stop. I'm asking you to stop posting here in my thread and to go back to the flamer zone. I'm not interested in your opinions on this matter. I already knew what it was.

Done.

But just so you know, I donā€™t believe Iā€™ve hurt your feelings, I think youā€™re asking me to stop because you donā€™t think youā€™re winning the fight.

But yeah. Itā€™s stopped.

It's a waste of time trying to talk to the people who are exhibiting the behavior we are discussing, or encouraging it and cheering it on. You were not the people I started this thread for. I already know what the bullies are going to say about their bullying. No surprises there! You cant even say whether bullying is right or wrong for goodness sake!
What about your bullying, are you going to ignore that also?

Who do I bully on this forum? Names?

Alas, no. Iā€™ve lost the flexibility I had in my 20s.

No doubt you havenā€™t.

I keep seeing you posting about what you have "seen." Well, you are just a newb basically. I've been around here a lot longer than you have and I've seen exactly how these things get started.

No, there is no reason why Sonny Clark should be constantly tormented. No excuses for that at all.

Obviously, I canā€™t see what I didnā€™t see. Your ā€œnewbā€ comment is a logical fallacy. An appeal to authority. Youā€™ve been here longer so your opinion means more.

Here is a question for you. Bullying. Is it right or wrong? Or does it depend on your perception of the situation, whether you are correct or not?

You sidestepped my post on your logical fallacy.

True bullying is wrong. Words mean things. Which is why, if you recall, I attempted to initiate a discussion on the definition of bullying. I wrote my definition. Why donā€™t you tell us what you see as bullying?

^^^^^^

I did.

And you asked me to stop, but want to continue to reply to me?

Iā€™m not asking this to end, so letā€™s be clear about this.

You want me off the thread after I posted on it dozens of times. I said sure. You immediately replied to me. Signaling to me that you donā€™t want to end our discussion.

So? Just leave and stop making comments. I am a bully. You should be ignoring me or else you are perpetuating the cycle? Correct?

Alas, no. Iā€™ve lost the flexibility I had in my 20s.

No doubt you havenā€™t.

I keep seeing you posting about what you have "seen." Well, you are just a newb basically. I've been around here a lot longer than you have and I've seen exactly how these things get started.

No, there is no reason why Sonny Clark should be constantly tormented. No excuses for that at all.

Obviously, I canā€™t see what I didnā€™t see. Your ā€œnewbā€ comment is a logical fallacy. An appeal to authority. Youā€™ve been here longer so your opinion means more.

Here is a question for you. Bullying. Is it right or wrong? Or does it depend on your perception of the situation, whether you are correct or not?

True bullying is wrong. Words mean things. Which is why, if you recall, I attempted to initiate a discussion on the definition of bullying. I wrote my definition. Why donā€™t you tell us what you see as bullying?

^^^^^^

I did.

You want me off the thread after I posted on it dozens of times. I said sure. You immediately replied to me. Signaling to me that you donā€™t want to end our discussion.

So then people should NOT ignore bullies?

What should they do?

^^^^^^

I did.

So? Just leave and stop making comments. I am a bully. You should be ignoring me or else you are perpetuating the cycle? Correct?

I never said you were a bully, except by your own definition.

Iā€™m perpetuating a fight. You wanted to call a halt to it, then give me one last kick after you said ā€œstop.ā€

^^^^^^

I did.

What should they do?

I canā€™t believe you didnā€™t read the 5 or 6 posts of mine that answered that question.

^^^^^^

I did.

What should they do?

I canā€™t believe you didnā€™t read the 5 or 6 posts of mine that answered that question.

Well, direct me to your post. There are over 600 posts on this thread!

Look, I really started this thread to talk to the normal people about bullying. Not the flamer zone denizens. If I wanted to talk to them, I would be in the flamer zone. So I came here to get away from you people and to talk to some people who actually have their heads on straight and their shit together. :) No offense, but your reactions, your excuses, and your justifications are really not at all surprising.

I guess this gives you some feeling of "control" over others or something. Whatever floats your boat. Continue on with your ways. *shrugs*
Hypocrite much?

This is the CDZ. Not the flame zone. Stop trying to ruin my thread please.
You did that yourself sixty pages ago.

Oh, you don't like to talk about cyberbullying? Then don't participate in this thread. Problem solved for you. Buh bye now!

So basically, the story is now that I am the bully. I go into the flamer zone and I bully 5, 6, 7 or however many people all at the same time! Wow! I am like Super Bully. :D

Well, if you are here to actually have a discussion and not just defend bullying, then let's have a go at it! :)

The point of the matter is that you say to ignore the bullies, yet you claim someone else is a bully and you bully them because they are the bully. So? Explain how that is supposed to work.

I have no idea what you are talking about a membership card. This thread is about cyberbullying. I wasn't aware they were handing out membership cards.

I am not defending bullying ... I am just not defending you.

I never said to ignore bullies and would prefer the fight.
I never claimed anyone was a bully nor did I support the idea of them being bullied because they are a bully.

And the membership card is their account here at USMB ...
They can come here and discuss it the same as you.

Well, if you are here to actually have a discussion and not just defend bullying, then let's have a go at it! :)

The point of the matter is that you say to ignore the bullies, yet you claim someone else is a bully and you bully them because they are the bully. So? Explain how that is supposed to work.

I have no idea what you are talking about a membership card. This thread is about cyberbullying. I wasn't aware they were handing out membership cards.

I am not defending bullying ... I am just not defending you.

I never said to ignore bullies and would prefer the fight.
I never claimed anyone was a bully nor did I support the idea of them being bullied because they are a bully.

And the membership card is their account here at USMB ...
They can come here and discuss it the same as you.

Well this thread is about cyberbullying. If you don't have anything to add to the discussion about bullying, then I fail to see what you are posting about.

Sure, I started this thread to discuss adult cyberbullying. Anyone can discuss it, but they aren't supposed to be trying to bring the flamer zone into a Clean Debate Zone thread either. It's pretty easy to see that is what they are trying to do. Or maybe they are just trying to get a negative reaction from me (but that's not bullying - nope!). :D

^^^^^^

I did.

What should they do?

Itā€™s easier to just repeat myself.

I tell the person if they crossed the line, and ask/tell them to stop. I explained why what they said caused me pain. And then I avoided interaction with the person. Thatā€™s in the case of true bullying. If someone continued (no one has), I would leave. My life is not so wrapped up in this board that I couldnā€™t leave it rather than be hurt on a daily basis.

Is that letting the bullies ā€œwinā€? Maybe. I consider it taking care of me first.

^^^^^^

I did.

What should they do?

I tell the person if they crossed the line, and ask/tell them to stop. I explained why what they said caused me pain. And then I avoided interaction with the person. Thatā€™s in the case of true bullying. If someone continued (no one has), I would leave. My life is not so wrapped up in this board that I couldnā€™t leave it rather than be hurt on a daily basis.

Is that letting the bullies ā€œwinā€? Maybe. I consider it taking care of me first.

So? You don't know what is going on in any other poster's (like Sonny Clark's) life.

Well this thread is about cyberbullying. If you don't have anything to add to the discussion about bullying, then I fail to see what you are posting about.

Sure, I started this thread to discuss adult cyberbullying. Anyone can discuss it, but they aren't supposed to be trying to bring the flamer zone into a Clean Debate Zone thread either. It's pretty easy to see that is what they are trying to do. Or maybe they are just trying to get a negative reaction from me (but that's not bullying - nope!). :D

I quoted your statements every time I posted ... If you don't want to discuss it ... You don't have to.
If you feel someone is violating the CDZ Rules ... Report them, if you feel the need.

I think the part you are missing is that if you want to use the CDZ to try and bully others ... And it's rules as protection ...
You may not be equipped with everything necessary to effectively pull that off.

^^^^^^

I did.

What should they do?

So? You don't know what is going on in any other poster's (like Sonny Clark's) life.

I cannot know except what they tell me. And even that may not be the truth. However, I take them at face value.

Also Iā€™m not responsible for whatā€™s going on in someone elseā€™s life.

What should they do?

I cannot know except what they tell me. And even that may not be the truth. However, I take them at face value.

Also Iā€™m not responsible for whatā€™s going on in someone elseā€™s life.

But you make assumptions about others. Just because another person approaches a situation in a different manner than do you doesn't mean they are wrapped up in anything but defending themselves and their reputations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back