🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

CDZ Cyberbullying . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's difficult IMHO to cyberbully on an anonymous message board. Real cyber bullying usually involve people online that gang up on someone who's real life identity is known. Bullying usually happens to a person that is unable to defend himself or escape. When everyone is anonymous, escape is easy.
Yes, that would be true for rational folks. But not so easy for irrational folks.

Let me paint a picture... Sonny who once was ingratiated in the "clique" in the FZ fell out of favor. So for the last 3 years a war has been going on. Any rational person looking at the stream will see a bully situation where a group of individuals mercilessly attack him. Now I won't get into whether it was justified or not or whether he played a role in it continuing. I am only going to focus on what someone outside would see.

So let's say that Sonny offs himself and leaves a note explaining that it was because of the three years of bullying he received in the FZ. How do you think the outside world would see this if it went viral?

I don't think he would do this. But I also don't think he is rational and would leave if it were to happen. If he did what would follow would be entirely predictable.
Thats a completely biased view, of course. If sonny's not been "mercilessly attacking"(gmafb) bones and several others, then ding is mother theresa.
It doesn't matter. This is effectively a risk discussion, GT. Do you understand what that means?
Of course it matters.

It means that folks such as yourself that choose to take a biased bent and new division up bones' asshole in her cancer and hiking and family threads...

while pleading testimony to "sonny is mercilessly attacked"....all the while he attacks her...

are really the more glaring problem.

The flamezone is not for fake virtue signalers to come and get off on their sanctimony....

Its for folks who enjoy ribbing each other.

Sonny, you and some others take it to the extremes and act sanctimoneous while being guilty yourselves, which is quite dark because it's sinister.

Truth is, its only excusable if somebody is literally stupid.
No, GT. It doesn't matter. No one is going to care.They will see an old man whose only interactions were in an internet forum. They will see a bully situation that existed for three years where it was literally eight against one. They will see mod actions against the clique. They will see this discussion where it was discussed. They will see all of this and it won't go well for USMB.

Risk has two components; magnitude and likelihood. While the likelihood of this risk is low, the magnitude of the risk is high. Therefore, this is a high risk.

I don't know which world you live in, but the world I live in has lawyers and lawyers salivate over shit like this. Now let me tell you about negligence. Negligence is when someone's mistake results in harm to someone else. You don't get let off the hook because it was a mistake. But there is something called gross negligence. Gross negligence is when you know about a situation and you let it go on. Treble the damages for gross negligence. So lawyers won't just come after USMB and the mods for negligence. They will come after them for gross negligence.

So you can argue all day long until you are blue in the face whether sonny deserved it or not and that won't matter one single bit.

Now do you understand?

Sonny was a poster everyone originally liked.

Then he insulted posters and people started calling him out for it.

Then he became an abusive stalking bully, and everyone turned against him.

Now do you understand?

The hypocrisy that Chris, ding and such are guilty of is that Ivd never once on this message board fired a first shot, I simply was cordial with every new human and many friends and folks can attest to that.

The problem is they threw shots, eventually....and dont like to take them in return and so they go on crusades like these while totally oblivious to what they themselves do, and the history and actions of the folks they "feel" are bullied as well.

The cognitive dissonance is real here...but humans are emotional creatures and I actually dont mind it that way.

Sam harris describes internet banter as the people in traffic syndrome. People hoot and hollar and swear inside their cars behind the glass at other drivers while theyd feel completely ridiculous being this way face to face. Thats how he describes the twitter/facebook and youtube comment vitriol. Funny/emotional human nature. I agree with that take while...spme folks truly ARE sinister.

If you wanted to compare the flamer zone to the boxing ring, boxing matches are one on one, not six on one or eight on one or ten on one. Lol.

The flamer zone is the bully pulpit of the forum. Period. End of story as far as that question is concerned.

The hypocrisy that Chris, ding and such are guilty of is that Ivd never once on this message board fired a first shot, I simply was cordial with every new human and many friends and folks can attest to that.

The problem is they threw shots, eventually....and dont like to take them in return and so they go on crusades like these while totally oblivious to what they themselves do, and the history and actions of the folks they "feel" are bullied as well.

The cognitive dissonance is real here...but humans are emotional creatures and I actually dont mind it that way.

Sam harris describes internet banter as the people in traffic syndrome. People hoot and hollar and swear inside their cars behind the glass at other drivers while theyd feel completely ridiculous being this way face to face. Thats how he describes the twitter/facebook and youtube comment vitriol. Funny/emotional human nature. I agree with that take while...spme folks truly ARE sinister.

Oh. My. God. I have heard it ALL now and all of the excuses and justification for bullying.

Just get a grip on yourself and stop it is all you have to do. Don't do it anymore.

If you wanted to compare the flamer zone to the boxing ring, boxing matches are one on one, not six on one or eight on one or ten on one. Lol.

The flamer zone is the bully pulpit of the forum. Period. End of story as far as that question is concerned.
yeah bones, me, and others get cornered by the new division, antifa, ropeyding and others in threads an awful lot. Its okay though, we handle it just fine.

Oh. My. God. I have heard it ALL now and all of the excuses and justification for bullying.

Just get a grip on yourself and stop it is all you have to do. Don't do it anymore.
I think you should take your own advice..you were ridiculing ravi for being fat just two days ago. Let your hypocrisy shine girl.

I think you should take your own advice..you were ridiculing ravi for being fat just two days ago. Let your hypocrisy shine girl.

What? She said hi crazy eyes and I said hi fatso. It was a pleasant exchange for the flamer zone.

What does a bullying victim want?

Does the victim of bullying want it to just end, or do they want to stand on the bully’s neck and be the “winner”?

If it’s the first, they are probably being bullied. If it’s the latter, they are just fighting.

Does the victim of bullying want it to just end, or do they want to stand on the bully’s neck and be the “winner”?

If it’s the first, they are probably being bullied. If it’s the latter, they are just fighting.

So, is that what you guys are doing to Sonny Clark then? Trying to win against him or something? You keep saying these things but you don't apply them to yourselves.

So, is that what you guys are doing to Sonny Clark then? Trying to win against him or something? You keep saying these things but you don't apply them to yourselves.
Sonny clark bullies bones...obsessively... and stabs folks in the back. he did so to me, personally....and ive sent the guy gifts and such in the past. He Defends racists, defends real life harrassment....you dont know the half of what youre talking about, chris. sonny clark is not a teenaged suicidally depressed child. Hes a guy that tells a 65yr old woman in her thread about having beat cancer to shove a cactus up her twat and rotate on it you attention whore bitch.

thats sonny. the innocent victim, no doubt

the flamezone is a voluntary place to roast AnOnYMOUS adult users...and all users have the free will to read the warning and also leave at any time.
Again..what about the MANY who have never been to the FZ, never will go to the FZ, but still are attacked with the nastiest accusations you spout off as true IN YOUR OPINION? Which may not be true at all. Its still flung out there. And for the record...Sonny's REAL NAME is used as his handle. Hello, McFly? Defend that.
If theyve never been and never will go and are talked about....they couldnt be harmed. They didnt go...theyve never been. It defends itself.
omg. Are you for real? So...bullying someone is ok as long as the victim doesn't know about it....correct? So..how about Sonny then? His grandkid googles his name...and up pops thread after thread, post after post, about how he hopes all cancer victims suffer, he married his sister, alabamians are incestuous, he said this or he said that and Sonny is dead but there is no harm because he didn't see it??? Just his family, so..no matter.
Are you for real????

See people....this is EXACTLY what Chris was posting about. The blatant ignoring of fact, common sense, common DECENCY which is absent in bullies. You see it in all its nasty glory with ever defense GT slaps out there.
Pretty soon his clique will be here to help. Count on it.
Pretty soon his clique will be here to help. Count on it.
Yup we're here.
upload_2018-6-16_10-0-23.png

Sonny clark bullies bones...obsessively... and stabs folks in the back. he did so to me, personally....and ive sent the guy gifts and such in the past. He Defends racists, defends real life harrassment....you dont know the half of what youre talking about, chris. sonny clark is not a teenaged suicidally depressed child. Hes a guy that tells a 65yr old woman in her thread about having beat cancer to shove a cactus up her twat and rotate on it you attention whore bitch.

And I've had the same kinds of things said to me by plenty of YOU people. What makes Bones so special? It is never ending stupid self perpetuating cycle.

I fight.

I never claimed to be the victim of bullying. And when something crosses the line for me (posts something actually hurtful), I explain to the person posting that it really is off limits, and why. And because I kept it off limits on my end, it ended.

I think your understanding of the law is about as apt as Fury's.

The fz has a warning at the door and is voluntary to enter. Its also anonymous, and as of a year ago, adults only. You trying to pawn of sonnys negligence in protecting himself onto others is the same marxist collectivism your signature rails against. Strong work.
So if Sonny offed himself and left a note explaining that he can't live anymore because of the bullying he received on USMB, you don't believe a civil suit can be brought by the children or grand children of Sonny against USMB and the mods for gross negligence?

Am I understanding you correctly?

Do you believe there is some magic law that would keep lawyers from filing those suits?

You do realize you are making the situation worse by arguing against it, right?
Thats correct.

The only thing a judge would need to see is the warning in writing of what the flame zpne is, and "enter at your own risk," and they have no viable case. Thats common sense.

Same as cage fighting. If a guy gets assaulted in a cage fight....the judge doesnt arrest his opponent. He entered VOLUNTARILY.
Wrong. Let's for a second say you are right, OK. They still have rules in the FZ that were not enforced. Secondly, it would not stop the suits from being filed. You ever heard the expression that you can beat the wrap but you can't beat the ride?

Now let's get back to the initial point, what is happening here is not one person flaming another. This is a bully situation. One that has been going on for three years. One that involves an elderly old man who clearly does not have his full capacities. Your little disclaimer won't mean shit. Especially if it goes viral. Society will demand an eye for an eye.
incorrect...its not a bully situation

theres a warning
hes an adult
he also bullies
he also gangs up

You cant ignore facts to fit your biases...in reality....sonny calls folks low life pieces of shit that should rot on a cactus in hell on the daily alongside tagging and thanking and agreeing his new division buddies that are doing the same.

Just because youre not objective and cant see the invisible sonny and new division posts...doesnt make it an all on one.
You do realize this thread started because of you, right?

If they close down the FZ, it's on you.

Heavy is the head that wears the crown.

Much as you hate that, Macbeth.

I fight.

I never claimed to be the victim of bullying. And when something crosses the line for me (posts something actually hurtful), I explain to the person posting that it really is off limits, and why. And because I kept it off limits on my end, it ended.
Its common sense!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back