šŸŒŸ Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! šŸŒŸ

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs šŸŽ

CDZ Cyberbullying . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
What you are basically saying is, well, he goes there so it's all his fault. He should not and no one else should expect for humans to treat other humans as if they are human.

Iā€™m saying people donā€™t go into a boxing ring and then press assault charges when they lose the fight.

This isn't a boxing ring. It is a political discussion board.

Except the parts of the board that ARENā€™T for politics, like gardening, coffee shop, and the Flame Zone.

Ricechickie is saying that people who get bullied deserve to be bullied depending on your perception. Good to know.

Iā€™d like to see the quote that supports that conclusion.

So what are you saying about Sonny Clark then? Please elaborate because it really seems as if you are saying that he deserves to be bullied because of how you perceive him.

You attributed words to me. I asked you to support that conclusion with my actual words. You just responded with a question. This is debating backwards, and intellectually dishonest.

Could you possibly twist yourself into more of a knot to try and defend bullying?

Alas, no. Iā€™ve lost the flexibility I had in my 20s.

No doubt you havenā€™t.

I keep seeing you posting about what you have "seen." Well, you are just a newb basically. I've been around here a lot longer than you have and I've seen exactly how these things get started.

No, there is no reason why Sonny Clark should be constantly tormented. No excuses for that at all.

Obviously, I canā€™t see what I didnā€™t see. Your ā€œnewbā€ comment is a logical fallacy. An appeal to authority. Youā€™ve been here longer so your opinion means more.

Here is a question for you. Bullying. Is it right or wrong? Or does it depend on your perception of the situation, whether you are correct or not?

You sidestepped my post on your logical fallacy.

True bullying is wrong. Words mean things. Which is why, if you recall, I attempted to initiate a discussion on the definition of bullying. I wrote my definition. Why donā€™t you tell us what you see as bullying?

You didn't ask me any question to sidestep. Read the nested quotes. You are here making excuses for bullying Sonny Clark, who is an old man who lost his son. You say that Sonny deserves to be bullied because he goes to a particular place on this forum, which, keep in mind, is NOT a wrestling ring or a boxing ring. It is a political message board and nothing more than that.

Now, according to what you are preaching, shouldn't YOU and the other flame zoners just be ignoring Sonny Clark? He is the real troll and bully? So you should be ignoring him then according to your own claims.

Ricechickie is saying that people who get bullied deserve to be bullied depending on your perception. Good to know.

Bullying. Is it right or wrong? Is it our responsibility as adults to be role models for the youth instead of do as I say, not as i do? Does do as I say not as I do work?

We had a child go down there to the flame zone before. A 15-year-old CHILD.

Another question, instead of supporting your assertion of what I apparently believe.

So what are you saying about Sonny Clark then? Please elaborate because it really seems as if you are saying that he deserves to be bullied because of how you perceive him.

You attributed words to me. I asked you to support that conclusion with my actual words. You just responded with a question. This is debating backwards, and intellectually dishonest.

So then you agree that the bullying and attempts at character assassination and the like are wrong? Yes or no.

Bullying. Is it right or wrong? Is it our responsibility as adults to be role models for the youth instead of do as I say, not as i do? Does do as I say not as I do work?

Another question, instead of supporting your assertion of what I apparently believe.

Why don't you just tell us what you think. I'm asking you these questions to give you the opportunity. So? Go ahead. What are you waiting for?

Alas, no. Iā€™ve lost the flexibility I had in my 20s.

No doubt you havenā€™t.

I keep seeing you posting about what you have "seen." Well, you are just a newb basically. I've been around here a lot longer than you have and I've seen exactly how these things get started.

No, there is no reason why Sonny Clark should be constantly tormented. No excuses for that at all.

Obviously, I canā€™t see what I didnā€™t see. Your ā€œnewbā€ comment is a logical fallacy. An appeal to authority. Youā€™ve been here longer so your opinion means more.

Here is a question for you. Bullying. Is it right or wrong? Or does it depend on your perception of the situation, whether you are correct or not?

True bullying is wrong. Words mean things. Which is why, if you recall, I attempted to initiate a discussion on the definition of bullying. I wrote my definition. Why donā€™t you tell us what you see as bullying?

You didn't ask me any question to sidestep. Read the nested quotes. You are here making excuses for bullying Sonny Clark, who is an old man who lost his son. You say that Sonny deserves to be bullied because he goes to a particular place on this forum, which, keep in mind, is NOT a wrestling ring or a boxing ring. It is a political message board and nothing more than that.

Now, according to what you are preaching, shouldn't YOU and the other flame zoners just be ignoring Sonny Clark? He is the real troll and bully? So you should be ignoring him then according to your own claims.

I ignored him for several months. The Flame Zone is not meant for political discussion. Itā€™s a taunting area. The coffee shop, similarly, is not for politics.

Your assertion that this whole place is a political discussion board is demonstrably false.

I ignored him for several months. The Flame Zone is not meant for political discussion. Itā€™s a taunting area. The coffee shop, similarly, is not for politics.

Your assertion that this whole place is a political discussion board is demonstrably false.

It's certainly no less false than you comparing it to a boxing ring.

For several months? So?

Why don't you just tell us what you think. I'm asking you these questions to give you the opportunity. So? Go ahead. What are you waiting for?

You already attributed a position to me. When asked to back it up with my own words, suddenly you became terribly interested in my actual opinion.

This is the clean debate Zone. You keep it clean, but you canā€™t debate.

Perhaps you should bring this to the Flame Zone.

Why is it that it is different for you than it is for me? That I have to ignore the bullies and not reciprocate, yet you feel Sonny Clark is a bully and you people in the flamer zone do nothing but torment the man!

You already attributed a position to me. When asked to back it up with my own words, suddenly you became terribly interested in my actual opinion.

No I didn't. This is what you are basically saying. It is okay for you and others to bully others that you perceive to be bullying you or someone else. If I do it, I am wrong. Why is that? Why don't you explain this concept of "specialness" that you have?

I can't debate you if you don't tell me your positions on bullying and make exceptions for it based on what you perceive. Is bullying wrong or right? You really need to answer this question before we can continue to have any kind of "debate" at all. You are just talking at everybody.

Do you like to bully people in the flame zone? Does it make you feel good about yourself?

You are saying that Sonny Clark deserves to be bullied because he always goes into the flamer zone. Yet, you will say that he is the one doing the bullying. Then you all will start threads about him, and he will reciprocate. Then you tell him he is wrong for reciprocating and responding to the bullies and that if he DOES, he will get bullied even more.

Hmm.

It's difficult IMHO to cyberbully on an anonymous message board. Real cyber bullying usually involve people online that gang up on someone who's real life identity is known. Bullying usually happens to a person that is unable to defend himself or escape. When everyone is anonymous, escape is easy.
Yes, that would be true for rational folks. But not so easy for irrational folks.

Let me paint a picture... Sonny who once was ingratiated in the "clique" in the FZ fell out of favor. So for the last 3 years a war has been going on. Any rational person looking at the stream will see a bully situation where a group of individuals mercilessly attack him. Now I won't get into whether it was justified or not or whether he played a role in it continuing. I am only going to focus on what someone outside would see.

So let's say that Sonny offs himself and leaves a note explaining that it was because of the three years of bullying he received in the FZ. How do you think the outside world would see this if it went viral?

I don't think he would do this. But I also don't think he is rational and would leave if it were to happen. If he did what would follow would be entirely predictable.
Thats a completely biased view, of course. If sonny's not been "mercilessly attacking"(gmafb) bones and several others, then ding is mother theresa.
It doesn't matter. This is effectively a risk discussion, GT. Do you understand what that means?
Of course it matters.

It means that folks such as yourself that choose to take a biased bent and "new division" yourselves up bones' asshole in her cancer and hiking and family threads...

while pleading testimony to "sonny is mercilessly attacked"....all the while he attacks her...(and gets the pile on help from the "new division")

are really the more glaring problem.

The flamezone is not for fake virtue signalers to come and get off on their sanctimony....

Its for folks who enjoy ribbing each other.

Sonny, you and some others take it to the extremes and act sanctimoneous while being guilty yourselves, which is quite dark because it's sinister.

Truth is, its only excusable if somebody is literally stupid.
Thanks, OL. <3

Of course it matters.

It means that folks such as yourself that choose to take a biased bent and new division up bones' asshole in her cancer and hiking and family threads...

while pleading testimony to "sonny is mercilessly attacked"....all the while he attacks her...

are really the more glaring problem.

The flamezone is not for fake virtue signalers to come and get off on their sanctimony....

Its for folks who enjoy ribbing each other.

Sonny, you and some others take it to the extremes and act sanctimoneous while being guilty yourselves, which is quite dark because it's sinister.

Truth is, its only excusable if somebody is literally stupid.
No, GT. It doesn't matter. No one is going to care.They will see an old man whose only interactions were in an internet forum. They will see a bully situation that existed for three years where it was literally eight against one. They will see mod actions against the clique. They will see this discussion where it was discussed. They will see all of this and it won't go well for USMB.

Risk has two components; magnitude and likelihood. While the likelihood of this risk is low, the magnitude of the risk is high. Therefore, this is a high risk.

I don't know which world you live in, but the world I live in has lawyers and lawyers salivate over shit like this. Now let me tell you about negligence. Negligence is when someone's mistake results in harm to someone else. You don't get let off the hook because it was a mistake. But there is something called gross negligence. Gross negligence is when you know about a situation and you let it go on. Treble the damages for gross negligence. So lawyers won't just come after USMB and the mods for negligence. They will come after them for gross negligence.

So you can argue all day long until you are blue in the face whether sonny deserved it or not and that won't matter one single bit.

Now do you understand?
you totally ignore the you, new division and sonnys part and thats why your tl:dr sanctimony is too fake for school, jimbo.
Yes, because none of that matters, GT.

The judge isn't going to behave like you do. He's only going to see a lonely old man who was hounded mercilessly by you and others and USMB knew about it and allowed it to exist.

Every single mod and USMB is liable.
I think your understanding of the law is about as apt as Fury's.

The fz has a warning at the door and is voluntary to enter. Its also anonymous, and as of a year ago, adults only. You trying to pawn of sonnys negligence in protecting himself onto others is the same marxist collectivism your signature rails against. Strong work.
So if Sonny offed himself and left a note explaining that he can't live anymore because of the bullying he received on USMB, you don't believe a civil suit can be brought by the children or grand children of Sonny against USMB and the mods for gross negligence?

Am I understanding you correctly?

Do you believe there is some magic law that would keep lawyers from filing those suits?

You do realize you are making the situation worse by arguing against it, right?
Are you a lawyer irl?

And for a person to call herself or himself "teacher" and then to participate in the flame zone activities? That is just unbelievable. The world has totally gone insane.

attacking people here at USMB that have NEVER GONE IN THERE YET ARE STILL SMASHED ALL OVER THE PLACE VIA YOUR POSTS AND THREADS.

Like who?

Same as cage fighting. If a guy gets assaulted in a cage fight....the judge doesnt arrest his opponent. He entered VOLUNTARILY.
Again...defend yours and Manifolds and all the other bullies in your nasty little clique on attacking people here at USMB that have NEVER GONE IN THERE YET ARE STILL SMASHED ALL OVER THE PLACE VIA YOUR POSTS AND THREADS. And what is worse is an ex mod is thick in it as well. Which is why the current mods probably don't do a damn thing.

Yep. Don't worry, Gracie. You are not alone in seeing what goes on. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back