🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

CDZ Cyberbullying . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if this sanctimony is put to the test...itd fail

yeah it fails.

Manis got a thread (several) with the new division (and ding!!) ganging up on him...

and its ALSO been going on for 3+ years.

The difference is....Ding doesnt feel this fraudulant virtuousness when he piles onto Manifold along with the new division.

Why not? Cause manifold has "clique".

but sonny doesnt have "clique" because new division, and ding, is invisible.

I think there's a bit of fakeness I just proved right there. Objectively, with facts.
Again you are missing the point, GT. This is about risk. This is about liability. The participants in the FZ won't be liable. USMB and the mods hold the liability. It is the risk they assume. Not you. Not me. Not manifold. The mods and USMB.

Do you understand this?

It seems to be liability is waived since there are several disclaimers about the nature of the FZ.

By being here, Sonny claims competence with dealing with that forum. If he isn’t, he should have caretakers that monitor his interactions.

I wonder if this sanctimony is put to the test...itd fail

yeah it fails.

Manis got a thread (several) with the new division (and ding!!) ganging up on him...

and its ALSO been going on for 3+ years.

The difference is....Ding doesnt feel this fraudulant virtuousness when he piles onto Manifold along with the new division.

Why not? Cause manifold has "clique".

but sonny doesnt have "clique" because new division, and ding, is invisible.

I think there's a bit of fakeness I just proved right there. Objectively, with facts.
Again you are missing the point, GT. This is about risk. This is about liability. The participants in the FZ won't be liable. USMB and the mods hold the liability. It is the risk they assume. Not you. Not me. Not manifold. The mods and USMB.

Do you understand this?

It seems to be liability is waived since there are several disclaimers about the nature of the FZ.

By being here, Sonny claims competence with dealing with that forum. If he isn’t, he should have caretakers that monitor his interactions.
If he were to off himself that would imply otherwise. Personally I don't think he would do it but I do think he is holding on too tight and this place disproportionately affects him. He ain't right. But putting all that aside, there is nothing that would stop his heirs from filing suit if he did. It may get thrown out or it may not. There are a lot of factors involved. One being did it go viral. Just like the Trayvon Martin case. Local law enforcement investigated and found it to be self defense. Then it gets blown up and the next thing you know there's a trial. And once things go to trial in front of a jury, anything is possible.

I think my point still stands, this is a risk assessment exercise. The problem the FZ has is that it doesn't generate ad revenue. There is no reward in the risk reward relationship. Better to clean up our own act than to risk it being shut down. I'm struggling to see where I am wrong about this.

you totally ignore the you, new division and sonnys part and thats why your tl:dr sanctimony is too fake for school, jimbo.
Yes, because none of that matters, GT.

The judge isn't going to behave like you do. He's only going to see a lonely old man who was hounded mercilessly by you and others and USMB knew about it and allowed it to exist.

Every single mod and USMB is liable.
I think your understanding of the law is about as apt as Fury's.

The fz has a warning at the door and is voluntary to enter. Its also anonymous, and as of a year ago, adults only. You trying to pawn of sonnys negligence in protecting himself onto others is the same marxist collectivism your signature rails against. Strong work.
So if Sonny offed himself and left a note explaining that he can't live anymore because of the bullying he received on USMB, you don't believe a civil suit can be brought by the children or grand children of Sonny against USMB and the mods for gross negligence?

Am I understanding you correctly?

Do you believe there is some magic law that would keep lawyers from filing those suits?

You do realize you are making the situation worse by arguing against it, right?
Thats correct.

The only thing a judge would need to see is the warning in writing of what the flame zpne is, and "enter at your own risk," and they have no viable case. Thats common sense.

Same as cage fighting. If a guy gets assaulted in a cage fight....the judge doesnt arrest his opponent. He entered VOLUNTARILY.
Wrong, but for the sake of argument, let's say you are right, OK. They still have rules in the FZ that were not enforced. Secondly, it would not stop the suits from being filed. You ever heard the expression that you can beat the wrap but you can't beat the ride?

Now let's get back to the initial point, what is happening here is not one person flaming another. This is a bully situation. One that has been going on for three years. One that involves an elderly old man who clearly does not have his full capacities. Your little disclaimer won't mean shit. Especially if it goes viral. Society will demand an eye for an eye.

Do you think Sonny would state for the record (the FZ record) that he doesn’t have his full capacities?

This is why I say that you are all just words on a screen. The truth is, Sonny could be a 25-year-old woman. Or he could be exactly who he says he is. Or he could be a bit of real, and a bit of an online persona. It is not up to participants to decide that.

You see 8 people bullying an old man. I see 8 separate people who have come to the defense of a poster who was being harassed by the old man. And continues to harass her.

Yes, because none of that matters, GT.

The judge isn't going to behave like you do. He's only going to see a lonely old man who was hounded mercilessly by you and others and USMB knew about it and allowed it to exist.

Every single mod and USMB is liable.

The fz has a warning at the door and is voluntary to enter. Its also anonymous, and as of a year ago, adults only. You trying to pawn of sonnys negligence in protecting himself onto others is the same marxist collectivism your signature rails against. Strong work.
So if Sonny offed himself and left a note explaining that he can't live anymore because of the bullying he received on USMB, you don't believe a civil suit can be brought by the children or grand children of Sonny against USMB and the mods for gross negligence?

Do you believe there is some magic law that would keep lawyers from filing those suits?

Thats correct.

The only thing a judge would need to see is the warning in writing of what the flame zpne is, and "enter at your own risk," and they have no viable case. Thats common sense.

Same as cage fighting. If a guy gets assaulted in a cage fight....the judge doesnt arrest his opponent. He entered VOLUNTARILY.
Wrong, but for the sake of argument, let's say you are right, OK. They still have rules in the FZ that were not enforced. Secondly, it would not stop the suits from being filed. You ever heard the expression that you can beat the wrap but you can't beat the ride?

Now let's get back to the initial point, what is happening here is not one person flaming another. This is a bully situation. One that has been going on for three years. One that involves an elderly old man who clearly does not have his full capacities. Your little disclaimer won't mean shit. Especially if it goes viral. Society will demand an eye for an eye.

Do you think Sonny would state for the record (the FZ record) that he doesn’t have his full capacities?

This is why I say that you are all just words on a screen. The truth is, Sonny could be a 25-year-old woman. Or he could be exactly who he says he is. Or he could be a bit of real, and a bit of an online persona. It is not up to participants to decide that.

You see 8 people bullying an old man. I see 8 separate people who have come to the defense of a poster who was being harassed by the old man. And continues to harass her.
I think it doesn't matter what he states if he offs himself.

Yes, Sonny could be a 25 year old woman. He could be manifold. He could be almost anything. But he could also be exactly what and who he says he is and I find this to be the most credible. He ain't right.

I see a three year event where these eight separate people get great joy out of tormenting an old man. That's what a jury will see too. If it ever came to that, which it probably won't.

If I were USMB and the mods I wouldn't be taking that risk based upon your opinion. I think I'd want a lawyer who had really deeppockets put that in writing so I could sue him for malpractice if he were wrong.
Yea but you also dont practice what you virtue signal about because youve flamed sonny and plenty of others yourself but dont worry..

adults are there on their oan free will and not compelled under false pretenses.
Yep, I sure have. And that won't matter either. I already explained to you what matters, GT.

Courts and civil litigation aren't like message boards.

But I doubt it will come to that as they will probably shut down the FZ because they don't want to assume the risk. I wouldn't.

Good job the other day ragging on ChrisL, GT.
They will never shut the FZ down, Ding. Bank on it. Not until someone really lawyers up and even then it will be some nose thumbing by TPTB.
Thats because adults read signs and make cognitive decisions as to where theyd like to go...its implied consent once the sign is read, its pretty basic stuff.
Again...you are ignoring the FACT that many DON'T read the FZ sign yet are still being kicked around in there for your shits and giggles. Can't defend that very well, can ya?

Two things:

I haven’t seen that happen, and

Do they feel the kicks if they never read the FZ?

And you see this clique shit, but really its a function of yours and others' biases.

No. GT. It exists in reality. I challenge anyone to read the thread where you guys attacked ChrisL as a group and not see a clique.

The real question is how are you going to feel if they close down the FZ because of it. Is that what you want? Think about it, how many times have they banned manifold? Do you think that that can be unlimited? The reality is that YOUR clique has been ignoring the mods requests for months. How long do you think that can continue? At what point will you say, hey guys, maybe we have taken this too far, maybe we should cool it before they get tired of our crap?

But, what do I know, you just keep doing what you are doing. I'm sure there won't be any predictable surprises. And if there are, I'm sure you can find someone you can blame it on.
if the flamezone is closed i will keep on breathing you poor guy, worry not your virtue signaling little self.
You kind of missed my point, GT. Self police yourself and there won't be a need to close the FZ. Don't shit where you eat so to speak.

I asked for that a long while back and you argued yourself into a tizzy that I want increased mod actions and/or the FZ closed.

When all I asked is for people to have a discussion about what goes too far.

You’re not as consistent as you’d like to believe.

If you think you're accomplishing something by responding, then by all means, do so.
But you can't be surprised when it only escalates.

The problem lies with the bully. If you want to further enable their behavior, then that's what will happen.
That's not enabling. In the security industry they have an acronym that they utilize when having to deal with problem people. It's ATM, Ask, Tell, Make.

First you ask the person to cease their behavior giving them the opportunity to correct it or desist on their own. If they continue then you issue a command by telling them to cease their behavior. It's only when they've chosen to decline the first two options that they are then made to comply with the command.

None of us can control the behavior of others, but under certain circumstances we can ensure there are consequences for their actions.

I like that.

I’m assuming that part of the system is also to cease initiating any contact with said bully.

Thats correct.

Yes, Sonny could be a 25 year old woman. He could be manifold. He could be almost anything. But he could also be exactly what and who he says he is and I find this to be the most credible. He ain't right.

I see a three year event where these eight separate people get great joy out of tormenting an old man. That's what a jury will see too. If it ever came to that, which it probably won't.

You assume the competence to figure out who is lying, who is acting, and who is being completely open and honest on a messageboard?

That is above my capabilities. I interact with how people portray themselves. If Sonny is “not right” he needs caretakers to monitor his online usage, because I see someone who continues to use a forum despite the negativity, so I assume it is gratifying him somehow.

And you see this clique shit, but really its a function of yours and others' biases.

No. GT. It exists in reality. I challenge anyone to read the thread where you guys attacked ChrisL as a group and not see a clique.

The real question is how are you going to feel if they close down the FZ because of it. Is that what you want? Think about it, how many times have they banned manifold? Do you think that that can be unlimited? The reality is that YOUR clique has been ignoring the mods requests for months. How long do you think that can continue? At what point will you say, hey guys, maybe we have taken this too far, maybe we should cool it before they get tired of our crap?

But, what do I know, you just keep doing what you are doing. I'm sure there won't be any predictable surprises. And if there are, I'm sure you can find someone you can blame it on.
if the flamezone is closed i will keep on breathing you poor guy, worry not your virtue signaling little self.
You kind of missed my point, GT. Self police yourself and there won't be a need to close the FZ. Don't shit where you eat so to speak.

I asked for that a long while back and you argued yourself into a tizzy that I want increased mod actions and/or the FZ closed.

When all I asked is for people to have a discussion about what goes too far.

You’re not as consistent as you’d like to believe.
Can you provide a link so I can see the context of the discussion?

Tizzy huh?

Thats correct.

You assume the competence to figure out who is lying, who is acting, and who is being completely open and honest on a messageboard?

That is above my capabilities. I interact with how people portray themselves. If Sonny is “not right” he needs caretakers to monitor his online usage, because I see someone who continues to use a forum despite the negativity, so I assume it is gratifying him somehow.
I made a judgement based upon observations over the course of a year. I had my doubts and reserved judgement until I had seen enough to convince me. So yes, it is an assumption.

I don't believe we can control what requirements we place on Sonny posting from home. I would think his online usage might be the least of his problems but that too is an assumption.

Thats correct.

I made a judgement based upon observations over the course of a year. I had my doubts and reserved judgement until I had seen enough to convince me. So yes, it is an assumption.

I don't believe we can control what requirements we place on Sonny posting from home. I would think his online usage might be the least of his problems but that too is an assumption.

Exactly. WE can’t control his postings. But if he is truly incompetent, then you would think someone who actually knows him would get him proper care.

I’ll find the link to that thread.

Exactly. WE can’t control his postings. But if he is truly incompetent, then you would think someone who actually knows him would get him proper care.

Who would that be?

Thanks for your input, Gracie. I was hoping you would participate.

I'm just trying to figure why it would be the responsibility of the victim of the bullying to do anything though.

It's like, oh, let's just let the jerks and asses continue while we victim shame and victim blame instead.

Could you possibly twist yourself into more of a knot to try and defend bullying?

But if they don't, then who cares? Is that right? Something is the matter with people who do these things. That is for sure.

Could you possibly twist yourself into more of a knot to try and defend bullying?

Alas, no. I’ve lost the flexibility I had in my 20s.

No doubt you haven’t.

Alas, no. I’ve lost the flexibility I had in my 20s.

No doubt you haven’t.

This is NOT the flamer zone for the last time. Keep yourself under control and try to have a discussion sans the insults and bullying. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back