🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

CDZ Cyberbullying . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
It takes some folks the experience of working with "complex" systems to learn that if theres a non zero probability of something happening..eventually it will happen.

So many others oddly learn that in 4th grade math. :night:

And you see this clique shit, but really its a function of yours and others' biases.

No. GT. It exists in reality. I challenge anyone to read the thread where you guys attacked ChrisL as a group and not see a clique.

The real question is how are you going to feel if they close down the FZ because of it. Is that what you want? Think about it, how many times have they banned manifold? Do you think that that can be unlimited? The reality is that YOUR clique has been ignoring the mods requests for months. How long do you think that can continue? At what point will you say, hey guys, maybe we have taken this too far, maybe we should cool it before they get tired of our crap?

But, what do I know, you just keep doing what you are doing. I'm sure there won't be any predictable surprises. And if there are, I'm sure you can find someone you can blame it on.

And you see this clique shit, but really its a function of yours and others' biases.

No. GT. It exists in reality. I challenge anyone to read the thread where you guys attacked ChrisL as a group and not see a clique.

The real question is how are you going to feel if they close down the FZ because of it. Is that what you want? Think about it, how many times have they banned manifold? Do you think that that can be unlimited? The reality is that YOUR clique has been ignoring the mods requests for months. How long do you think that can continue? At what point will you say, hey guys, maybe we have taken this too far, maybe we should cool it before they get tired of our crap?

But, what do I know, you just keep doing what you are doing. I'm sure there won't be any predictable surprises. And if there are, I'm sure you can find someone you can blame it on.
if the flamezone is closed i will keep on breathing you poor guy, worry not your virtue signaling little self.

GT, ChrisL created THIS thread because of YOU and YOUR cliquemates. I wasn't a part of that and I doubt Sonny was either.

She created it because you guys bullied her as a group. It's what you always do. It's why I call you guys a clique. Because you are.
Thats one perspective.

Another is she came guns ablazin talking shit to folks and got it right back in a place called FLAMEZONE, but when she does it its fine and when others do it its bullying and attacks.

I know how the mantra goes, Gracie. Its not very compelling, sorry. Just because you have more affinity to x,y,z person and that biases your judgment, doesnt mean that their bullying of others is magically virtuous or that they werent responsible for flaming and being flamed, in a flame zone.
Sure. I'm not arguing that she didn't. So what?

Are you saying they get what they deserve? Is that your argument?
My argument is that you boast from a hypocritical perspective, and you just so happened to have just agreed with that argument with this very post. Thanks, and I agree.
I'm glad you were able to pat yourself on the back, GT. But the point I am making is that that is a poor defense if something really bad happens because of it. One thing I have learned from working with complex systems is that if there is a non-zero probability of something happen it will eventually happen.

As to my original point that you started this, it isn't surprising that this is happening or that they may make changes because of it. In fact, it is a predictable surprise of you guys lowering your standard of conduct and getting out of control. A good example of that was your behavior in the religious forum tonight. You crossed the line. You wonder why I discussed your behaviors there, it was because your behavior was inappropriate. You are out of control and in part it is because of the FZ.
Dont project your control freak behaviors onto me, dude. The forum didnt ask for a daddy and they dont need your "wisdom," dude. Your fake act is totally see through.

You judge and snub your nose at judging.
Youre triggered ..and snub your nose at being triggered.
You flame, troll, and provoke, and snub your nose at flaming, trolling and provoking.

you gang up on folks, especially after a ban....and then snub your nose at ganging up on folks.

You make personal meta attacks in the religious forum and not just to me, but to a handful of others and the posts are there for all to see......and yet you snub your nose at personal attacks in the religious forum.

Youre just a schtick, and its turbo fake.
You seem to be losing it in the Clean Debate Zone, GT.

I am not projecting anything onto anyone, control freak or otherwise, I am debating like an adult. I am not trying to be anyone's daddy. I am debating like an adult. Honest men can have honest differences of opinions without having to act like jerks. I am not projecting wisdom, I am making an argument. There is nothing fake about me or my argument. It is sincere. If you can't respond like an adult, then maybe you shouldn't respond at all.

Yes, I play a game in the flame zone. I've never had anyone create a thread in the CDZ about it like ChrisL did to you and your clique. That's because I play the game the right way.

The only person being fake here is you, GT. This is what you do every single time we debate. You start to lose and then you lash out and attack my character. I haven't done that to you because I actually have an argument to make. One that is beating yours.

if the flamezone is closed i will keep on breathing you poor guy, worry not your virtue signaling little self.
You kind of missed my point, GT. Self police yourself and there won't be a need to close the FZ. Don't shit where you eat so to speak.

Thats one perspective.

Another is she came guns ablazin talking shit to folks and got it right back in a place called FLAMEZONE, but when she does it its fine and when others do it its bullying and attacks.

I know how the mantra goes, Gracie. Its not very compelling, sorry. Just because you have more affinity to x,y,z person and that biases your judgment, doesnt mean that their bullying of others is magically virtuous or that they werent responsible for flaming and being flamed, in a flame zone.

My argument is that you boast from a hypocritical perspective, and you just so happened to have just agreed with that argument with this very post. Thanks, and I agree.
I'm glad you were able to pat yourself on the back, GT. But the point I am making is that that is a poor defense if something really bad happens because of it. One thing I have learned from working with complex systems is that if there is a non-zero probability of something happen it will eventually happen.

As to my original point that you started this, it isn't surprising that this is happening or that they may make changes because of it. In fact, it is a predictable surprise of you guys lowering your standard of conduct and getting out of control. A good example of that was your behavior in the religious forum tonight. You crossed the line. You wonder why I discussed your behaviors there, it was because your behavior was inappropriate. You are out of control and in part it is because of the FZ.
Dont project your control freak behaviors onto me, dude. The forum didnt ask for a daddy and they dont need your "wisdom," dude. Your fake act is totally see through.

You flame, troll, and provoke, and snub your nose at flaming, trolling and provoking.

you gang up on folks, especially after a ban....and then snub your nose at ganging up on folks.

You make personal meta attacks in the religious forum and not just to me, but to a handful of others and the posts are there for all to see......and yet you snub your nose at personal attacks in the religious forum.

I am not projecting anything onto anyone, control freak or otherwise, I am debating like an adult. I am not trying to be anyone's daddy. I am debating like an adult. Honest men can have honest differences of opinions without having to act like jerks. I am not projecting wisdom, I am making an argument. There is nothing fake about me or my argument. It is sincere. If you can't respond like an adult, then maybe you shouldn't respond at all.

Yes, I play a game in the flame zone. I've never had anyone create a thread in the CDZ about it like ChrisL did to you and your clique. That's because I play the game the right way.

The only person being fake here is you, GT. This is what you do every single time we debate. You start to lose and then you lash out and attack my character. I haven't done that to you because I actually have an argument to make. One that is beating yours.
cool try, ding. im not sure you even believe yourself at this point you should probably get some rest.

also, the flamezone is probably not the place for you.

You kind of missed my point, GT. Self police yourself and there won't be a need to close the FZ. Don't shit where you eat so to speak.
I dont give 1% of 1 shit about the flamezone.

close it up, whoohoo

It takes some folks the experience of working with "complex" systems to learn that if theres a non zero probability of something happening..eventually it will happen.

And yet we have disasters all the time which had root cause failures. So no, GT, what you say everyone knows isn't quite right. Actually very few people know this and many of the ones that do forget to respect it.

I would be shocked if you knew anything at all about risk assessments. I do them weekly.

I dont give 1% of 1 shit about the flamezone.

close it up, whoohoo
I do.

And yet we have disasters all the time which had root cause failures. So no, GT, what you say everyone knows isn't quite right. Actually very few people know this and many of the ones that do forget to respect it.

I would be shocked if you knew anything at all about risk assessments. I do them weekly.
Of course youd be shocked. You take pseudo side swipe personal attacks while condemning the virtue of personal attacks. Thats why i say youre fake and you prove it quite a bit.

Im done here, youre into the meta attacks and im responding so... and its cdz and yadda yadda

cool try, ding. im not sure you even believe yourself at this point you should probably get some rest.

Are you kidding? Even when it is eight on one, you guys don't have enough. I like it like that, GT. I relish it.

Of course youd be shocked. You take pseudo side swipe personal attacks while condemning the virtue of personal attacks. Thats why i say youre fake and you prove it quite a bit.

Im done here, youre into the meta attacks and im responding so... and its cdz and yadda yadda
You only see them as personal attacks because you don't like it when I shine a spotlight on what you are actually doing, GT. I don't blame you there. It isn't pretty. Don't start none and there won't be none.

Are you kidding? Even when it is eight on one, you guys don't have enough. I like it like that, GT. I relish it.
Well, hopefully some day you get relished in more productive ways than being hypocritical on the internet.

You only see them as personal attacks because you don't like it when I shine a spotlight on what you are actually doing, GT. I don't blame you there. It isn't pretty. Don't start none and there won't be none.
Yeah ditto ding i dont think youre all that great at your pseudo sanctimony act and therein lays why youre triggered by me.

Such is life, brother man. I rlly gotta go now though I hope you sleep good tbh

Well, hopefully some day you get relished in more productive ways than being hypocritical on the internet.
I am shocked you didn't implode from the irony of that statement. You... the guy that abuses Sonny and ChrisL and blames them for it? You... the guy who claims morality is subjective and then has the audacity to say that he knows that what Sonny and ChrisL did was immoral?

Last edited:

Yeah ditto ding i dont think youre all that great at your pseudo sanctimony act and therein lays why youre triggered by me.

Such is life, brother man. I rlly gotta go now though I hope you sleep good tbh
Triggered? Because I am arguing against you? Triggered because I don't agree with you?

I don't know how I can be sanctimonious when I frequently say I am no saint or believe I am better than others, GT. Whereas YOU frequently tell me how you are better than others. Are you sure you aren't confusing you for me? It seems to me that you confuse my winning arguments for my thinking I am better than you are more moral than you. No, GT, that isn't the case at all. There is nothing special about me. I just argue positions that are true. If you argued positions that were true and I argued against those positions, I wouldn't fare any better than you do. Of course, if that were the case, I would probably end up agreeing with you instead of accusing you of being sanctimonious like you did to me.

protip: argue better positions

If you think you're accomplishing something by responding, then by all means, do so.
But you can't be surprised when it only escalates.

The problem lies with the bully. If you want to further enable their behavior, then that's what will happen.
That's not enabling. In the security industry they have an acronym that they utilize when having to deal with problem people. It's ATM, Ask, Tell, Make.

First you ask the person to cease their behavior giving them the opportunity to correct it or desist on their own. If they continue then you issue a command by telling them to cease their behavior. It's only when they've chosen to decline the first two options that they are then made to comply with the command.

None of us can control the behavior of others, but under certain circumstances we can ensure there are consequences for their actions.

None of us can control the behavior of others, but under certain circumstances we can ensure there are consequences for their actions.
I'm not a big fan of "consequences" for people merely being jerks, or for saying something I don't like, or for "hurting" someone's "feelings". I think we have more than enough of that already, with careers being destroyed for saying something that "offends" the wrong people, or the way so many of our college campuses (of all freaking places) are so willing to shut down contrary opinion to protect the fragile and delicate worldviews of their students.

This has led directly to vigilante social justice, the opposite of freedom of expression. Authoritarianism. No thanks.

If someone thinks they're being "bullied" on the internet, the obvious thing to do is ignore the "bully". Giving them attention will only make it worse, and I think most adults realize that.

I think the best thing, though it is the hardest, is to ignore them. They get their jollies by provoking reactions. God topic btw.
That's exactly right. Like children in a playground, the "bullies" here want desperately for you to respond. It doesn't matter how you respond, just that you respond. That gives them license, in their mind, to keep it up. Obviously this dynamic soothes their damaged self esteem.

There are a few posters here who will start this stuff with me, and I either don't respond or (most often) just don't read the posts in the first place. And like a child - again - at some point they'll punch themselves out, declare some kind of "victory", and go away.

The way I look at it is, hey, maybe they're using USMB as some kind of catharsis, they get it all out here, and then are decent people in real life. Silver lining!

But if I enable them, as another poster has said, I'm complicit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back