🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

CDZ Cyberbullying . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it doesn't matter what he states if he offs himself.

Yes, Sonny could be a 25 year old woman. He could be manifold. He could be almost anything. But he could also be exactly what and who he says he is and I find this to be the most credible. He ain't right.

I see a three year event where these eight separate people get great joy out of tormenting an old man. That's what a jury will see too. If it ever came to that, which it probably won't.

You assume the competence to figure out who is lying, who is acting, and who is being completely open and honest on a messageboard?

That is above my capabilities. I interact with how people portray themselves. If Sonny is “not right” he needs caretakers to monitor his online usage, because I see someone who continues to use a forum despite the negativity, so I assume it is gratifying him somehow.
I made a judgement based upon observations over the course of a year. I had my doubts and reserved judgement until I had seen enough to convince me. So yes, it is an assumption.

I don't believe we can control what requirements we place on Sonny posting from home. I would think his online usage might be the least of his problems but that too is an assumption.

Exactly. WE can’t control his postings. But if he is truly incompetent, then you would think someone who actually knows him would get him proper care.

I’ll find the link to that thread.

Could you possibly twist yourself into more of a knot to try and defend bullying?

Alas, no. I’ve lost the flexibility I had in my 20s.

No doubt you haven’t.

I keep seeing you posting about what you have "seen." Well, you are just a newb basically. I've been around here a lot longer than you have and I've seen exactly how these things get started.

No, there is no reason why Sonny Clark should be constantly tormented. No excuses for that at all.

I think it doesn't matter what he states if he offs himself.

Yes, Sonny could be a 25 year old woman. He could be manifold. He could be almost anything. But he could also be exactly what and who he says he is and I find this to be the most credible. He ain't right.

I see a three year event where these eight separate people get great joy out of tormenting an old man. That's what a jury will see too. If it ever came to that, which it probably won't.

You assume the competence to figure out who is lying, who is acting, and who is being completely open and honest on a messageboard?

That is above my capabilities. I interact with how people portray themselves. If Sonny is “not right” he needs caretakers to monitor his online usage, because I see someone who continues to use a forum despite the negativity, so I assume it is gratifying him somehow.
I made a judgement based upon observations over the course of a year. I had my doubts and reserved judgement until I had seen enough to convince me. So yes, it is an assumption.

I don't believe we can control what requirements we place on Sonny posting from home. I would think his online usage might be the least of his problems but that too is an assumption.

Exactly. WE can’t control his postings. But if he is truly incompetent, then you would think someone who actually knows him would get him proper care.

Could you possibly twist yourself into more of a knot to try and defend bullying?

No doubt you haven’t.

You can just say that you like the bullying. You think it is fun and you think it's funny to laugh at someone else's expense.

What you are basically saying is, well, he goes there so it's all his fault. He should not and no one else should expect for humans to treat other humans as if they are human.

I have to moderate my speech in daily life to be professional. I have to moderate my speech to be a considerate neighbor. I have to moderate my speech to teach children while protecting their self-esteem.

I come to USMB (especially the Flame Zone) because sometimes I just want to be completely 100% honest. I do not always want to moderate my speech to suit others’ delicate sensibilities.

I believe that cyber bullying and harassment are real. I also believe that this entire thread is a canard meant to “win” a personal spat between posters.

Clean debate, my ass.

I have to moderate my speech in daily life to be professional. I have to moderate my speech to be a considerate neighbor. I have to moderate my speech to teach children while protecting their self-esteem.

I come to USMB (especially the Flame Zone) because sometimes I just want to be completely 100% honest. I do not always want to moderate my speech to suit others’ delicate sensibilities.

I believe that cyber bullying and harassment are real. I also believe that this entire thread is a canard meant to “win” a personal spat between posters.

Clean debate, my ass.

If you can't debate in an adult manner about bullying, then you should probably stay in your quarantined area of the forum and leave the discussions to the adults.

No doubt you haven’t.

This is NOT the flamer zone for the last time. Keep yourself under control and try to have a discussion sans the insults and bullying. Thanks.

You’re the one who brought up twisting myself into a knot. I responded, with a very nice compliment to you, I might add.

No doubt you haven’t.

This is NOT the flamer zone for the last time. Keep yourself under control and try to have a discussion sans the insults and bullying. Thanks.

You’re the one who brought up twisting myself into a knot. I responded, with a very nice compliment to you, I might add.

Stop trying to bring the flamer zone into the clean debate zone. Is it so difficult for you to follow the rules? Is there something the matter with you that you aren't sharing? Perhaps you should have somebody monitoring you.

No doubt you haven’t.

I keep seeing you posting about what you have "seen." Well, you are just a newb basically. I've been around here a lot longer than you have and I've seen exactly how these things get started.

No, there is no reason why Sonny Clark should be constantly tormented. No excuses for that at all.

Obviously, I can’t see what I didn’t see. Your “newb” comment is a logical fallacy. An appeal to authority. You’ve been here longer so your opinion means more.

No doubt you haven’t.

Maybe you should make a list of who you think "deserves" to be bullied, so then we can all say it's okay then because Ricechickie said so.

No doubt you haven’t.

Obviously, I can’t see what I didn’t see. Your “newb” comment is a logical fallacy. An appeal to authority. You’ve been here longer so your opinion means more.

I mean you are newb because you apparently cannot see what goes on, or you approve of it.

What you are basically saying is, well, he goes there so it's all his fault. He should not and no one else should expect for humans to treat other humans as if they are human.

I’m saying people don’t go into a boxing ring and then press assault charges when they lose the fight.

No doubt you haven’t.

Here is a question for you. Bullying. Is it right or wrong? Or does it depend on your perception of the situation, whether you are correct or not?

I’m saying people don’t go into a boxing ring and then press assault charges when they lose the fight.

This isn't a boxing ring. It is a political discussion board.

Ricechickie is saying that people who get bullied deserve to be bullied depending on your perception. Good to know.

I’d like to see the quote that supports that conclusion.

So what are you saying about Sonny Clark then? Please elaborate because it really seems as if you are saying that he deserves to be bullied because of how you perceive him.

Ricechickie is saying that people who get bullied deserve to be bullied depending on your perception. Good to know.

I’d like to see the quote that supports that conclusion.

Bullying. Is it right or wrong? Is it our responsibility as adults to be role models for the youth instead of do as I say, not as i do? Does do as I say not as I do work?

We had a child go down there to the flame zone before. A 15-year-old CHILD.

No doubt you haven’t.

Here is a question for you. Bullying. Is it right or wrong? Or does it depend on your perception of the situation, whether you are correct or not?

You sidestepped my post on your logical fallacy.

True bullying is wrong. Words mean things. Which is why, if you recall, I attempted to initiate a discussion on the definition of bullying. I wrote my definition. Why don’t you tell us what you see as bullying?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back