🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Dairy Queen's "Flamethrower Burger" isn't available in Texas

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
Um, during the commercial it says at the end 'not available in Texas.' Why not? Don't they like hot spicey food in Texas? Was under the impression they did. A lot. :)

That is interesting.
I could understand Alaska & Hawaii - transportation issues and all that - but Texas?
In my opinion, though, not a big loss. I've had one of those burgers, and found that it had more heat than flavor.
When a food has heat simply for heat's sake - I don't care for it.

That is interesting.
I could understand Alaska & Hawaii - transportation issues and all that - but Texas?
In my opinion, though, not a big loss. I've had one of those burgers, and found that it had more heat than flavor.
When a food has heat simply for heat's sake - I don't care for it.

What I thought about Alaska n Hawaii. No DQ's in Texas maybe?

"
NEW FlameThrower® Cheeseburger $5 Buck Lunch

Tame the flame. Get the heat of the FlameThrower Cheeseburger and the sweet of a sundae in a $5 Buck Lunch.

Available now at participating locations. NOT SOLD IN TEXAS."
DQ Promos Specials Coupons

Um, during the commercial it says at the end 'not available in Texas.' Why not? Don't they like hot spicey food in Texas? Was under the impression they did. A lot. :)
pending the federal invasion of texas dairy queen does not want to be seen as arming the texans with flamethrowers, cheeseburger or otherwise.

"

Tame the flame. Get the heat of the FlameThrower Cheeseburger and the sweet of a sundae in a $5 Buck Lunch.

A DQ in Euless Texas has it on their menu.

DQ Restaurant menu - Euless TX 76039 - 817 310-9108

Dairy Queen Prices - Fast Food Menu Prices

Are they 'breaking a corporate rule' doing so or anything?

The bold all caps just leaps out at me as odd. :) Was thinking it's like Texas has some strange rule about the ingrediants or something that every other state's ok wit it, but not Texas. Could see California or some liberal haven doing something like that, but it's hard to imagine what Texas isn't ok with. :)

Almost might be worth contacting them about the availability.
Contact Dairy Queen - Corporate International US Information

"

The only thing is, those aren't "official" menus, and might have been sourced from another location's.

Every town in Texas has a DQ no matter how small the town.

I'm talking so small there is just a Post Office.....a gas station......and a DQ. ..... :cool:

Been through many when I lived in San Marcos. Why it strikes me as so weird they'd seemingly forbid such a thing. Although, some Texas towns ban dancing so who knows :)

I'm talking so small there is just a Post Office.....a gas station......and a DQ. ..... :cool:

There's not one in the town I live in or any of the neighboring towns. I have to drive across the county to find a DQ.

Please do not speak of things you do not know.

"

Are they 'breaking a corporate rule' doing so or anything?

The bold all caps just leaps out at me as odd. :) Was thinking it's like Texas has some strange rule about the ingrediants or something that every other state's ok wit it, but not Texas. Could see California or some liberal haven doing something like that, but it's hard to imagine what Texas isn't ok with. :)

I think what the ad is saying is that the flamethrower " 5 buck special" isn't available in Texas. Not the burger itself.

Does Wienerschnitzel have a flaming weiner?

hotdog_character2.png

Last edited:

There's not one in the town I live in or any of the neighboring towns. I have to drive across the county to find a DQ.

Maybe you live in a dry county....... :lol:

Just kidding.

It's been 30 years or more since I lived in rural Texas.

But I can remember DQ's being everywhere. ..... :cool:

Last edited:
LOVED Der Wienerschnitzel corn dogs as a kid in California. MOved here to Missouri and had to detox from many things. Can't get decent salami out here either. :)

No shit? What part of Texas?

Bonney, Texas about 45 miles south of Houston.

Bonney, Texas about 45 miles south of Houston.

Know exactly where that is.
If you blink you'll miss it.

Forum List

Back