Dallas Mayor: Racial Discrimination & Slavery "The Greatest Sin In America"...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
Does he make a good point? Have we really addressed the race issue openly and fairly? Is it time to make some sort of official National Government-sponsored gesture of acknowledgement and atonement? Do we owe that to African Americans? Would it help heal the deep wounds? What do you think?

"This is on my generation of leaders"

Dallas Mayor Mike Rawlings on Friday called for change and blamed his own generation for allowing racial tensions to “fester,” speaking at a prayer vigil in the city’s Thanks-Giving Square after five police officers were killed and seven were wounded in a mass shooting Thursday night.

“This is on my generation of leaders. It is on our watch that we have allowed this to continue to fester, that we have led the next generation down a vicious path of rhetoric and actions that pit one against the other,” Rawlings said, as the crowd applauded. “I believe in dealing with this issue, we must step up our game and approach complicated issues in a different way. And race is complicated.”

He also asked the community to “truly and deeply understand” the pain caused by racial discrimination and slavery, which he called “the greatest sin in America.”

Dallas Mayor: Racial Discrimination & Slavery “The Greatest Sin in America”

Does he make a good point? Have we really addressed the race issue openly and fairly? Is it time to make some sort of official National Government-sponsored gesture of acknowledgement and atonement? Do we owe that to African Americans? Would it help heal the deep wounds? What do you think?

Dallas Mayor Mike Rawlings on Friday called for change and blamed his own generation for allowing racial tensions to “fester,” speaking at a prayer vigil in the city’s Thanks-Giving Square after five police officers were killed and seven were wounded in a mass shooting Thursday night.

“This is on my generation of leaders. It is on our watch that we have allowed this to continue to fester, that we have led the next generation down a vicious path of rhetoric and actions that pit one against the other,” Rawlings said, as the crowd applauded. “I believe in dealing with this issue, we must step up our game and approach complicated issues in a different way. And race is complicated.”

He also asked the community to “truly and deeply understand” the pain caused by racial discrimination and slavery, which he called “the greatest sin in America.”

If world peace is the goal then the US should RESCIND the 1949 declaration issued by Harry S Truman which took Palestine away from 1,3 million Muslims.. It should rescind the declaration that the US will defend the Jewish State before Hillary gets us into WWIII.

I don't know if an official response would do much. Race isn't a complicated issue. Racism exists primarily in the simplest, least evolved areas of the brain. The complications come about from allowing people to reach the so-called age of reason without having to confront their own prejudices and that of their forebears in their neocortexes.

The best thing governments can do is educate their people to be reasoning beings, so they don't end up like the racist trolls on the internet. Because when that level of mental degradation is allowed to exist--roaming free through society, the result is senseless blood shed by senseless monsters.

I don't know if an official response would do much. Race isn't a complicated issue. Racism exists primarily in the simplest, least evolved areas of the brain. The complications come about from allowing people to reach the so-called age of reason without having to confront their own prejudices and that of their forebears in their neocortexes.

The best thing governments can do is educate their people to be reasoning beings, so they don't end up like the racist trolls on the internet. Because when that level of mental degradation is allowed to exist--roaming free through society, the result is senseless blood shed by senseless monsters.

I hear ya, but i'm leaning towards supporting some sort of official Government-sponsored gesture of acknowledgement and atonement. Past treatment of African Americans is an open festering wound for them. Maybe an official gesture could help African Americans forgive and find some closure.

Last edited:

WzcMdcP.gif

Wasn't the government the one arbitrarily killing Jews in Germany?

Isn't the government the one arbitrarily killing Palestinians in Israel?

WzcMdcP.gif

What are you talking about? It's ironic that you avatar is Liberty Enlightening America, and yet you doubt the necessity of enlightening Americans :cuckoo:

I hear ya, but i'm leaning towards supporting some sort of official Government-sponsored gesture of acknowledgement and atonement. Past treatment of African Americans is an open festering wound for them. Maybe an official gesture could help African Americans forgive and find some closure.

Governments may make gestures all they want, but gestures are quite limited actions. Systemic reforms are a better redress of grievances.

people calling 911 over a screwed up McDonalds meal can be added to the list of worst sins.

WzcMdcP.gif

What are you talking about? It's ironic that you avatar is Liberty Enlightening America, and yet you doubt the necessity of enlightening Americans :cuckoo:

No dingle berry that is incorrect.

I have no objections to Americans being enlightened.

I have objections when the government decides what constitutes enlightenment

The Dallas Mayor thinks he is keeping the city from being burned down.

Black people are just going to have to understand that whites are NOT going to make gestures. Whites are NOT going to forgive the riots, the random attacks, the knock out game, the stealing, the rapes, the temper tantrums that destroy businesses.

To black people from coast to coast, fuck you and the stolen car you drove up in. If you can't control yourselves then stay in your slums.

It does need to be addressed sincerely and nationally. It won't happen though.
Look at the fight that surrounded a national MLK holiday. Post a picture of his memorial and see what comments you get.

Just another white-hating wigger LIbTard whoring-around fo rvotes... MEH... man bites dog... next slide, please...

Forum List

Back