Dammit!! I've gotten the bug for a hand cannon.

HereWeGoAgain

Diamond Member
Dec 15, 2010
Fuck Y'all I'm From Texas!
Thinking about a S&W .500
Yes they're impractical and I dont really need one but the lure of owning the most powerful revolver out there has the back of my eyeballs itching.
Of course after just getting the S&W 610 I'm gonna have to wait at least six months or the Wife will start bitching about my gun expenditures.
Trying to think of a good reason,see excuse,as to why I have to have one.
Thought about playing on a woman's need to match things since it looks like the S&W 610's big brother but I dont think she'll go for that.
Any help would be appreciated.

1612054434047.png

Yes they're impractical and I dont really need one but the lure of owning the most powerful revolver out there has the back of my eyeballs itching.
Of course after just getting the S&W 610 I'm gonna have to wait at least six months or the Wife will start bitching about my gun expenditures.
Thought about playing on a woman's need to match things since it looks like the S&W 610's big brother but I dont think she'll go for that.

View attachment 450831

What would she want?
You each get a nice valentine gift?

Fake COVID-19 and mention what would cheer you up?

View attachment 450831

Dunno;

My S&W .357 hurts to shoot. (the .44 Mag doesn't, but they aren't as powerful)

It's hard for me to want a revolver that is painful to fire.

.38 and 9MM is fun to shoot. The boomers I don't enjoy nearly as much.

View attachment 450831

Guy I used to shoot with had one for about a year.

Sold it to pay for wrist surgery.

View attachment 450831

Great choice ... If you run out of ammo, you can grab the barrel and beat someone to death with it.
Thar's not what double action means, but it would work for me ... :auiqs.jpg:

I remember believing that - then bought a .44 and a .357

Finding out the .357 is a far more powerful round destroyed my whole world... :)

I don't know that much about guns, but I am an Eastwood fan.

Those .500 fifty cals have so much recoil that they crush the webbing between your thumb and fingers. It's like having someone hit you with a stick.

I can pop off my Glock 17 all day and not feel it. I just don't like being in pain after firing a shot.

View attachment 450831

What would she want?
You each get a nice valentine gift?

Fake COVID-19 and mention what would cheer you up?

I thought about our new property we're in the market for and telling Her there are bears in the woods,but She's not that gullible.

View attachment 450831

Dunno;

The .44 magnum is more powerful than the .357 magnum. So I am confused here.

If your .357 S&W hurts to shoot but your .44 magnum doesn’t I would suspect there are other factors involved. Perhaps the size of the .357 mag vs the size of the .44 mag or the ammo you are using.

I carry a S&W Model 642, a light weight snub nosed revolver that I load with 38 +P ammo.

I went shooting one time with a cop. He tried my snubbie and said, “Damn. This thing recoils harder than my Ruger Redhawk .44 Magnum. I tried his Redhawk and I have to admit I agreed with him. (I suspect he was using midrange reloads.)

View attachment 450831

Dunno;

Uhhhh....the .357 is a pop gun compared to the .500
The new S&W 610 10mm. is more powerful than the .357 especially after modding it to the 10mm. Mag. And the S&W 610 is a pop gun compared to the S&W .500....
The .357 is an easy gun to shoot.

View attachment 450831
That thing weighs 4.5 lbs unloaded, LOL, I'd have to get a hydraulic arm to hold it up.

View attachment 450831

Guy I used to shoot with had one for about a year.

Sold it to pay for wrist surgery.

I never sell my guns.

I am a range officer and I get to shoot a lot of different firearms.

These large caliber pistols are a bitch to shoot. You have to be really disciplined to hit anything with one. They look and sound cool but are, in my opinion, almost unusable.

If your .357 S&W hurts to shoot but your .44 magnum doesn’t I would suspect there are other factors involved. Perhaps the size of the .357 mag vs the size of the .44 mag or the ammo you are using.

I carry a S&W Model 642, a light weight snub nosed revolver that I load with 38 +P ammo.

I went shooting one time with a cop. He tried my snubbie and said, “Damn. This thing recoils harder than my Ruger Redhawk .44 Magnum. I tried his Redhawk and I have to admit I agreed with him. (I suspect he was using midrange reloads.)

Not the case.

Projectile size is not the same as power.

357 Magnum Ballistics Chart | Ballistics 101

BBTI - Ballistics by the Inch :: .44 Mag Results

The .357 is a higher muzzle velocity and greater impact dispersion.

It carries more energy simply because the ratio of propellent to mass is greater.

Finding out the .357 is a far more powerful round destroyed my whole world... :)

And he had at the time the most powerful handgun in the world....then came the .467 Casull.
Followed by the S&W .500
They say there wont be another more powerful handgun because you physically wont be able to shoot it in handgun form.

Those .500 fifty cals have so much recoil that they crush the webbing between your thumb and fingers. It's like having someone hit you with a stick.

I can pop off my Glock 17 all day and not feel it. I just don't like being in pain after firing a shot.

You're missing the point....
I just want the most powerful handgun in the world.

Not the case.

Projectile size is not the same as power.

357 Magnum Ballistics Chart | Ballistics 101

BBTI - Ballistics by the Inch :: .44 Mag Results

The .357 is a higher muzzle velocity and greater impact dispersion.

It carries more energy simply because the ratio of propellent to mass is greater.

We'll have to disagree on that one.

Forum List

Back