Damn right. Alabama Bunker Stand Off is Over

Authorities tell CBS News the 7-day Alabama hostage standoff has ended with kidnapper dead, child safe.

"He was observed holding a gun" .... must have been line of sight or a CCTV insert.

Last edited:
According to the press conference FBI barged in and shot him. I guess you could say negotiations failed.

According to the press conference FBI barged in and shot him. I guess you could say negotiations failed.
But they observed him holding a gun first....swut I herd.

If I just had a picture of the entrance....

"FBI Special Agent in Charge Steve Richardson at the scene said negotiations had broken down with the child's abductor and the kidnapper was "observed holding a gun."

Believing the child to be in imminent danger, an FBI team entered the bunker at 3:12 p.m. CT (4:12 p.m. ET) and rescued the boy, Richardson said, adding that the hostage-taker is dead."

Officials: Hostage standoff ends with child rescued, kidnapper dead - CNN.com

"FBI Special Agent in Charge Steve Richardson at the scene said negotiations had broken down with the child's abductor and the kidnapper was "observed holding a gun."

Believing the child to be in imminent danger, an FBI team entered the bunker at 3:12 p.m. CT (4:12 p.m. ET) and rescued the boy, Richardson said, adding that the hostage-taker is dead."

I suppose there will be additional followup later this evening--right now the topic is the power outage at the Superbowl and whether or not Beyonce's performance caused this. Which is perhaps preferable to discussions on whether Alicia Keye's rendition of the Star Spangled Banner was too slow.

I am glad the little boy is safe. Relieved to know that

I read they threw in a stun grenade. I've noticed that in high-profile hostage situations -- the terrible Palcinski rampage in Baltimore several years ago was one -- they don't fool around, they just shoot them. Works for me: this guy needed shooting.

I'm glad to see the FBI is capable of doing something right. I never thought they'd get the kid out alive.

Forum List

Back