DANG! Navy Can't Drive Ships: Here we go again,#5. Time to hire professional drivers. FFS!?

well , yeah , your opinion but i suppose that you also see 'mrobama as being AMERICAN Admiral .

He is anti-American in his actions, but he is a United States citizen. I also think he committed fraud by claiming to be a foreign student, but I have no proof.
------------------------------------------------------ USA CITIZEN , big deal , i think that the participants in the American Diversity lottery can become citizens and then go out and run down REAL Americans on a bicycle path in New York City Admiral . . .

Well, you would be wrong on that too! Sayfullo Saipov was not a US citizen.

what the 'ell' was he doing in the USA , Anyway might not have been a citizen YET but thats the direction he was headed Admiral .

benfold_collision_navy.jpg

A U.S. warship sustained minor damage Saturday when it collided with a Japanese tug boat, the Navy's 7th Fleet announced.

The USS Benfold was conducting a scheduled exercise in Japan's Sagami Bay at the time of the collision.

The Japanese tug boat lost propulsion and drifted into the USS Benfold during a towing exercise.

The guided-missile destroyer, which remains at sea, will undergo a damage assessment and an investigation into the crash, according to ABC News.

The Benfold was operating under its own power, while the Japanese vessel was being towed to a port in Yokosuka, the statement said.

The Navy said the incident will be investigated.

The Benfold was conducting the routine training as part of a seamanship certification, said 7th Fleet spokesman Cmdr. Clay Doss.

:dunno: Hmmn? Interesting it remains at SEA! Where the Junk Tug was to close to a ship at sea. Ships crew is to blame, mostly. It a rule of thump went towing the smaller boat in downwind. So it floats away. The crew should have known this was the wrong location to be. Engines for Navy ships are never down during training Exercise, for the most part. as they may need to move ASAP! For other reasons.

btw: If the tug was coming to say my ship during these exercises if I was armed.
I would have sunk it before it hit. Without warning!

btw: These LOSERS in the NAVY can't drive. Even with a captain on deck FFS!

btw2: If the tug was being towed, as the trainer towee. Again the crew is at fault.

1) I never said the engines were not down. I specifically said the screws were not turning. That is not some bass boat you just shove a lever forward and the boat jumps. The bridge rings the command down and the engine room does it. It does not happen instantly.

2) And you are saying you would have fired on a manned, friendly vessel to avoid a minor dent and some paint loss? WTF? You don't ever need to talk about Gun Nutters again, if you are willing to murder the entire crew of that tug boat to avoid a minor collision.

3)The Navy can't drive? The Navy wasn't driving. It was participating in a towing exercise. That is why I know the screws were not turning. You never have the screws turning when a smaller craft is alongside. They get sucked into the screws and destroyed (also damaging ship)

4) "...if I was armed. I would have sunk it before it hit. Without warning!"?? That is the sickest thing I've ever heard.
Point by Point is marked in your post.
SOOOOooo!

1) Never said you did.
2) Well, you never know today. The whole ISIS thang. My Crew dies last, not first.
3) The report said USS65 was under power at the time it crashed into tug..
OOPS! But still, want all real facts. So give you a pass for now.
4) My point was being the Captain. Again ISIS and/or NK can always strike.
So what, my crew dies first? Nope, they die last again.
Btw. I can tell you way worse thangs..SEE THE NRA! They beat ISIS and NK hands down in murder.

What I don't understand is, don't all modern ships have a GPS system that tells them when another ship is close so they don't run into each other? So why does this continue to happen?

A tug is used to push or pull a ship. They kinda have to be in close proximity.

What I don't understand is, don't all modern ships have a GPS system that tells them when another ship is close so they don't run into each other? So why does this continue to happen?

NOPE they can be far away. Based on sea conditions or for FFS! Safety.

benfold_collision_navy.jpg

A U.S. warship sustained minor damage Saturday when it collided with a Japanese tug boat, the Navy's 7th Fleet announced.

The USS Benfold was conducting a scheduled exercise in Japan's Sagami Bay at the time of the collision.

The Japanese tug boat lost propulsion and drifted into the USS Benfold during a towing exercise.

The guided-missile destroyer, which remains at sea, will undergo a damage assessment and an investigation into the crash, according to ABC News.

The Benfold was operating under its own power, while the Japanese vessel was being towed to a port in Yokosuka, the statement said.

The Navy said the incident will be investigated.

The Benfold was conducting the routine training as part of a seamanship certification, said 7th Fleet spokesman Cmdr. Clay Doss.

:dunno: Hmmn? Interesting it remains at SEA! Where the Junk Tug was to close to a ship at sea. Ships crew is to blame, mostly. It a rule of thump went towing the smaller boat in downwind. So it floats away. The crew should have known this was the wrong location to be. Engines for Navy ships are never down during training Exercise, for the most part. as they may need to move ASAP! For other reasons.

btw: If the tug was coming to say my ship during these exercises if I was armed.
I would have sunk it before it hit. Without warning!

btw: These LOSERS in the NAVY can't drive. Even with a captain on deck FFS!

btw2: If the tug was being towed, as the trainer towee. Again the crew is at fault.

1) I never said the engines were not down. I specifically said the screws were not turning. That is not some bass boat you just shove a lever forward and the boat jumps. The bridge rings the command down and the engine room does it. It does not happen instantly.

2) And you are saying you would have fired on a manned, friendly vessel to avoid a minor dent and some paint loss? WTF? You don't ever need to talk about Gun Nutters again, if you are willing to murder the entire crew of that tug boat to avoid a minor collision.

3)The Navy can't drive? The Navy wasn't driving. It was participating in a towing exercise. That is why I know the screws were not turning. You never have the screws turning when a smaller craft is alongside. They get sucked into the screws and destroyed (also damaging ship)

4) "...if I was armed. I would have sunk it before it hit. Without warning!"?? That is the sickest thing I've ever heard.
Point by Point is marked in your post.
SOOOOooo!

1) Never said you did.
2) Well, you never know today. The whole ISIS thang. My Crew dies last, not first.
3) The report said USS65 was under power at the time it crashed into tug..
OOPS! But still, want all real facts. So give you a pass for now.
4) My point was being the Captain. Again ISIS and/or NK can always strike.
So what, my crew dies first? Nope, they die last again.
Btw. I can tell you way worse thangs..SEE THE NRA! They beat ISIS and NK hands down in murder.

1) This point was responding to your comment about the engines not being down during an exercise.
2) It was a shitbag thing to say. You don't fire on a tug that is participating in an exercise, just because their engines fail.
3) No, the report said that the USS Benfold was under its own power now (after the incident). The tug lost its propulsion during a towing exercise. The ship being towed is not under its own power.
4) The tug was obviously not going fast enough to sink the ship.

what the 'ell' was he doing in the USA , Anyway might not have been a citizen YET but thats the direction he was headed Admiral .

He was a diversity lottery winner. A really bad idea that should never have happened.
---------------------------------- stupid diversity has been going on for 50 , 60 years since the redo of immigration in 65 or thereabouts .. As A 68 year old i have no problem with this stuff except that i recognize whats going on . Might be more concern if i was an aware 18 year old as you push losing America Admiral .

NOPE they can be far away. Based on sea conditions or for FFS! Safety.

How can a tug push or pull a ship from far away? Obviously the tug was close enough to drift into the ship after losing propulsion.

And if by "far away" you mean 30 to 50 yards? Maybe. But the sea conditions were not mentioned in either article. So that is probably not relevant.

What IS relevant is that a ship that is being towed, as the USS Benfold was, is not being driven. So the captain was not driving the boat.

yep , you sound similar to what i have heard that 'pwick' micheal hayden or the ' bush's' say Admiral

He was a diversity lottery winner. A really bad idea that should never have happened.
---------------------------------- stupid diversity has been going on for 50 , 60 years since the redo of immigration in 65 or thereabouts .. As A 68 year old i have no problem with this stuff except that i recognize whats going on . Might be more concern if i was an aware 18 year old as you push losing America Admiral .

The law was changed to allow it in 1990. Not exactly "50, 60 years".

An aware 18 year old? WTF does that mean? If you are under the influence, I suggest logging off and going to bed.

Yeah, the OP is completely wrong, but obummer did do a tremendous amount of damage to the military as a whole. He put people in positions that they were totally unsuited for, but they were obummer bots so he didn't care.

He PUT people in positions they were totally unsuited for? Hell, he WAS in a position that he was totally unsuited for.

i think that he and his people were well suited for PURPOSELY messing up the USA AMechanic .

U.S. warship collides with Japanese tug boat, marking the fifth time this year that a ship in the U.S. Navy's 7th Fleet in the Pacific has been involved in a crash. US warship collides with Japanese tug boat, latest mishap for the Navy's 7th Fleet

The USS Benfold, a guided-missile destroyer, sustained minor damage when a tug boat lost propulsion and drifted into the ship, the Navy said. No one was injured on either vessel and an initial assessment of the damage showed that the destroyer only sustained minimal damage including scrapes.

-----

:mad:I wonder if the Captain was doing a hooker here.
As why these happen ALL THE TIME NOW?
Or is this a CIC-Bone Spur issue? ARE these drivers
tweeting as they drive? Is that illegal on water?:rolleyes:

btw: The name is fitting. "USS Benfold "
Who the fuck "drives a ship"?!

well , yeah , your opinion but i suppose that you also see 'mrobama as being AMERICAN Admiral .

He is anti-American in his actions, but he is a United States citizen. I also think he committed fraud by claiming to be a foreign student, but I have no proof.
------------------------------------------------------ USA CITIZEN , big deal , i think that the participants in the American Diversity lottery can become citizens and then go out and run down REAL Americans on a bicycle path in New York City Admiral . . .

Naturalized citizens are citizens. Criminals are criminals. Idiots are idiots.

the point of the article is that the Navy Swamp also needs draining . My opinion is that there are too many non serious 'mrobama' type people in the NAVY and probably the rest of the Military Baz .

Now they are Mr Trump people

Happening on his watch....over and over and over and over

get as much money as you can and rebuild the USA Navy / Mlitary President Trump . Mornin RWinger .

U.S. warship collides with Japanese tug boat, marking the fifth time this year that a ship in the U.S. Navy's 7th Fleet in the Pacific has been involved in a crash. US warship collides with Japanese tug boat, latest mishap for the Navy's 7th Fleet

The USS Benfold, a guided-missile destroyer, sustained minor damage when a tug boat lost propulsion and drifted into the ship, the Navy said. No one was injured on either vessel and an initial assessment of the damage showed that the destroyer only sustained minimal damage including scrapes.

-----

:mad:I wonder if the Captain was doing a hooker here.
As why these happen ALL THE TIME NOW?
Or is this a CIC-Bone Spur issue? ARE these drivers
tweeting as they drive? Is that illegal on water?:rolleyes:

btw: The name is fitting. "USS Benfold "
Who the fuck "drives a ship"?!

The helmsman, at the direction of the Officer of the Deck.

As a Surface Warfare Officer, to distinguish from being a pilot or submariner, I would tell them that I was a "ship driver".

Ironically, I once was a helmsman/planesman on a submarine. Driving a submarine is more like flying an airplane because you go up and down too. I have a submarine pilot's license.

Forum List

Back