Dave Kopel: A history of defensive gun use studies

This column looks at the various defensive gun use studies that have been done over the years….points out how the CDC likes to hide their research on this topic

If she's a Canadian woman I want her to first of all stay out of the US. The incidence of gun violence is much higher there and even public spaces and train stations aren't safe.

Secondly, I don't want her to have a gun because that makes it much more likely she will be shot dead than if she didn't have a gun.

And third, the chances of being raped are much lower in Canada.

And fourthly, American women can make their won choices on how likely it is that they are raped, shot, molested, or whatever violence they are subjected to. They too are responsible for their country's corruption.

No wonder the CDC hides the statistics!

If she's a Canadian woman I want her to first of all stay out of the US. The incidence of gun violence is much higher there and even public spaces and train stations aren't safe.

Secondly, I don't want her to have a gun because that makes it much more likely she will be shot dead than if she didn't have a gun.

And third, the chances of being raped are much lower in Canada.

And fourthly, American women can make their won choices on how likely it is that they are raped, shot, molested, or whatever violence they are subjected to. They too are responsible for their country's corruption.

No wonder the CDC hides the statistics!

Were you talking about Toronto?

But it should be because gun violence in Toronto has skyrocketed since the start of this year.

As of Feb. 27, shootings were up 47.7% compared to this time last year, the number of people injured is up 70.6%, the number of people fatally shot is up by 33.3% and the total number of people injured and killed by gunfire is up 57.7%.

Thus far there have been 65 shootings compared to 44 at this time last year, 29 people wounded compared to 17 last year, 12 people killed compared to nine last year and a total of 41 people wounded or killed compared to 26 last year.

Were you talking about Toronto?

But it should be because gun violence in Toronto has skyrocketed since the start of this year.

As of Feb. 27, shootings were up 47.7% compared to this time last year, the number of people injured is up 70.6%, the number of people fatally shot is up by 33.3% and the total number of people injured and killed by gunfire is up 57.7%.

Thus far there have been 65 shootings compared to 44 at this time last year, 29 people wounded compared to 17 last year, 12 people killed compared to nine last year and a total of 41 people wounded or killed compared to 26 last year.
Impossible.
Canada has -all- the 'common sense' gun control laws.

Another gungoon thread to prove that more guns in America means less gun murder.

I could support that for America!

Serial posting gungoons will be limited to one reply, due to my time restraints.

Gungoons who express their racism too may be given special consideration.

Forum List

Back