DC Protests Draw 2 Million

You can easily see there were over 100,000 people there between 8 am and 11:30 and the event didn't even start till the afternoon. YouTube - 1.5 to 2 million march on Washington D.C Tea Party protest rally September 12 2009

Its the left and media making up shit about who the Tea Party people truly are, once again for those who have yet to figure us out:

We want smaller not bigger government
We want economic responsibility from our democrats and republicans, no more gigantic deficit spending
We want lower taxes for ALL Americans, from poor to rich
And we want to vote out all the corrupt democrats and republicans from office, which means kicking every single senator and congressperson out of office in 2010 from either side and replacing them with new Democrats and Republicans.

Its not to hard to figure out if your honestly interested in what we are really about, or you can continue to mis-characterize us and misrepresent who we are since you are afraid of the grassroots uprising of average working citizens.

If you wanted economic responsibility from BOTH Republican AND Democrats you would have been marching EIGHT YEARS AGO!
And how do you know that ones who protested on 9/12 were not protesting spending during the last administration? I know I was. I know others were.

Well golly I guess you were just a LITTLE BIT late for the party. I NEVER ONCE heard people protesting Bush's HUGE deficit spending.......I wonder WHY?

Sorry Pil but you are a LIAR! There was NO PROTEST by you or ANYONE ELSE about Bush's MASSIVE defict spending.

Who's the liar?
Conservative groups break with Republican leadership - Washington Times
Thursday, January 15, 2004
National leaders of six conservative organizations yesterday broke with the Republican majorities in the House and Senate, accusing them of spending like "drunken sailors," and had some strong words for President Bush as well.

"The Republican Congress is spending at twice the rate as under Bill Clinton, and President Bush has yet to issue a single veto," Paul M. Weyrich, national chairman of Coalitions for America, said at a news briefing with the other five leaders. "I complained about profligate spending during the Clinton years but never thought I'd have to do so with a Republican in the White House and Republicans controlling the Congress."

Warning of adverse consequences in the November elections, the leaders said the Senate must reject the latest House-passed omnibus spending bill or Mr. Bush should veto the measure.

"The whole purpose of having a Republican president is to lead the Republican Congress," said Paul Beckner, president of Citizens for a Sound Economy, whose co-chairman is former House Majority Leader Dick Armey of Texas. "The Constitution gives the president the power to veto legislation, and if Congress won't act in a fiscally responsible way, the president has to step in -- but he hasn't done that."

"If the president doesn't take a stand on this, there's a real chance the Republicans' voter base will not be enthusiastic about turning out in November, no matter who the Democrats nominate," Mr. Beckner said.

Mr. Weyrich warned that if the Senate passes the omnibus bill and the president fails to veto it, "in all probability the party's conservative-activist core voters aren't going to work to help win the election for Bush and the Republicans, and they may well not even vote."

The truth will win out. Despite mainstream media attempts to characterize turnout as in the thousands, a spokesman for the National Park Service, Dan Bana, is quoted as saying “It is a record…. We believe it is the largest event held in Washington, D.C., ever

The National Park Service no longer does estimates. How many times are you going to repeat a lie?

If you wanted economic responsibility from BOTH Republican AND Democrats you would have been marching EIGHT YEARS AGO!
And how do you know that ones who protested on 9/12 were not protesting spending during the last administration? I know I was. I know others were.

Well golly I guess you were just a LITTLE BIT late for the party. I NEVER ONCE heard people protesting Bush's HUGE deficit spending.......I wonder WHY?
Simply because you didn't listen does not mean it did not happen. That's just nonsensical reasoning: 'I don't know anything about it, therefore it did not happen.'

The truth will win out. Despite mainstream media attempts to characterize turnout as in the thousands, a spokesman for the National Park Service, Dan Bana, is quoted as saying “It is a record…. We believe it is the largest event held in Washington, D.C., ever

The National Park Service no longer does estimates. How many times are you going to repeat a lie?

All the national polls show that a majority of people echo the sentiment expressed by this crowd's core purpose which is, smaller government and deficit control.

Sorry Pil but you are a LIAR! There was NO PROTEST by you or ANYONE ELSE about Bush's MASSIVE defict spending.

Who's the liar?
National leaders of six conservative organizations yesterday broke with the Republican majorities in the House and Senate, accusing them of spending like "drunken sailors," and had some strong words for President Bush as well.

"The Republican Congress is spending at twice the rate as under Bill Clinton, and President Bush has yet to issue a single veto," Paul M. Weyrich, national chairman of Coalitions for America, said at a news briefing with the other five leaders. "I complained about profligate spending during the Clinton years but never thought I'd have to do so with a Republican in the White House and Republicans controlling the Congress."

Warning of adverse consequences in the November elections, the leaders said the Senate must reject the latest House-passed omnibus spending bill or Mr. Bush should veto the measure.

"The whole purpose of having a Republican president is to lead the Republican Congress," said Paul Beckner, president of Citizens for a Sound Economy, whose co-chairman is former House Majority Leader Dick Armey of Texas. "The Constitution gives the president the power to veto legislation, and if Congress won't act in a fiscally responsible way, the president has to step in -- but he hasn't done that."

"If the president doesn't take a stand on this, there's a real chance the Republicans' voter base will not be enthusiastic about turning out in November, no matter who the Democrats nominate," Mr. Beckner said.

Mr. Weyrich warned that if the Senate passes the omnibus bill and the president fails to veto it, "in all probability the party's conservative-activist core voters aren't going to work to help win the election for Bush and the Republicans, and they may well not even vote."

I ask ONCE AGAIN.......Where were the PROTESTS!!!

It's kind of funny how you guys aren't touting this now that it's started moving back up. LOL

DR, you have more patience than I.

I don't even bother arguing his moronic points anymore. I just poiont out the fact that his debating skills are about the level of a 12-year-old and move on.

That tripe he just posted for instance, a "Strongly agree/disagree" category from a right-wing pollster, without even mentioning the fact that even that pollster has Obama at a 53% all-around average approval rate at the moment.

Real Clear Politics Average 9/3 - 9/14: Approve: 53.0 / Dissapprove: 44.3 / Spread: +8.7

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/president_obama_job_approval-1044.html

Last edited:

Who's the liar?

And your question is a stupid question as it is based on a faulty assumption, you are shown how faulty that assumption is, and you keep repeating a nonsensical question. No wonder you don't get an answer. Your 'reasoning' is cringeworthy.

Last edited:
Once again if there were the TEA PARTIES during the Bush admin then were was Fox news?

When in the Bush admin did the annual budget deficit reach 1.8 trillion dollars and Bush wanted to add an additional 1 trillion on top of that?

Last edited:
And your question is a stupid question as it is based on a faulty assumption. No wonder you don't get an answer. Your 'reasoning' is cringeworthy.

Seems like he asked a perfectly reasonable question to me.
Since Bush was spending like a madman, along with his Republican Congress, how come these people weren't out there picketing and protesting in DC during the Bush administration?

Last edited:
And your question is a stupid question as it is based on a faulty assumption. No wonder you don't get an answer. Your 'reasoning' is cringeworthy.

Seems like he asked a perfectly reasonable question to me.
Since Bush was spending like a madman, along with his Republican Congress, how come these people weren't out there picketing and protesting in DC during the Bush administration?[/QUOTE]

Again show a Bush annual deficit at 1.8 trillion dollars?

All the national polls show that a majority of people echo the sentiment expressed by this crowd's core purpose which is, smaller government and deficit control.

And that justifies a oft-repeated lie......how?

Forum List

Back