Dear Abby is a bigot

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
When will people who bake cakes learn learn that they don't have any rights at all and that their personal principles do not trump trump the absolute right of other people to enslave them?

My nephew is getting married next year. I was very excited because I love him and I'm a baker. I had planned on making the groom's cake as I did for his brother's and sister's weddings. The problem is, they have decided on a hunting theme for their wedding -- including a camouflage wedding dress for the bride.
Abby, I am an animal-rights activist. I'm against any form of hunting. I am also involved with several animal-protection groups. My nephew and his fiancee know how hard I work for animal rights -- just the thought of a hunting theme for a wedding makes me ill.
I don't even want to attend, let alone make a cake. What can I do so there will be no hurt feelings if I don't want to attend or participate? -- BAKER IN THE MIDWEST

Animal-Lover Is Appalled By Camouflage Wedding

Get the point?

The woman should be forced to bake the cake, or she should have to close down her kitchen.

Too fucking bad she likes animals, she must conform to the demands of the ones that want that hunting theme.

When will people who bake cakes learn learn that they don't have any rights at all and that their personal principles do not trump trump the absolute right of other people to enslave them?

My nephew is getting married next year. I was very excited because I love him and I'm a baker. I had planned on making the groom's cake as I did for his brother's and sister's weddings. The problem is, they have decided on a hunting theme for their wedding -- including a camouflage wedding dress for the bride.
Abby, I am an animal-rights activist. I'm against any form of hunting. I am also involved with several animal-protection groups. My nephew and his fiancee know how hard I work for animal rights -- just the thought of a hunting theme for a wedding makes me ill.
I don't even want to attend, let alone make a cake. What can I do so there will be no hurt feelings if I don't want to attend or participate? -- BAKER IN THE MIDWEST

Get the point?

That you need to take your meds?

Aunt Animal Rights didn't say she was refusing paid business, did she? She offered this as a gift.

Frankly, she ought to back the cake because she did the same for his siblings...

mmmm i love people who hate hunters......i remember what happened in florida when the banned hunting deer for a while....deer starved and died of disease....and when they released all those fucking minks in england....ahhh they didnt know that minks can only be put with their litter mates and raised that way....they are vicious little fuckers....they released them and they were like a wave of wee killing machines.....taking out wild and domestic creatures....we would not have wild ducks if not for those mean ass fuckers with ducks unlimited.....

Sun Journal - Google News Archive Search

it was hunters who first realized what leaded shot was doing ....it was these same men are saving wetlands

https://www.ducks.org/how-to-help/membership/sponsors

no one in my family hunts at this time...just not into it.....

she should make the cake and attend the wedding.....it will be noticed if she doesnt and she wont be forgiven by the family any time soon.....

Get the point?

what was bigoted about Abby's response?

be specific so we can point out the absurdity of your statement.

mmmm i love people who hate hunters......i remember what happened in florida when the banned hunting deer for a while....deer starved and died of disease....and when they released all those fucking minks in england....ahhh they didnt know that minks can only be put with their litter mates and raised that way....they are vicious little fuckers....they released them and they were like a wave of wee killing machines.....taking out wild and domestic creatures....we would not have wild ducks if not for those mean ass fuckers with ducks unlimited.....

Sun Journal - Google News Archive Search

it was hunters who first realized what leaded shot was doing ....it was these same men are saving wetlands

https://www.ducks.org/how-to-help/membership/sponsors

no one in my family hunts at this time...just not into it.....

i don't have to agree with the writer of the letter to Abby (I don't… i think the theme of someone else's wedding is none of her business)… but the o/p claimed Abby's response was "bigot[ed]".

i'm trying to figure out how.

Get the point?

Family trumps non-family and animals. Suck it up and bake the cake.

Get the point?

Quantum doesn't seem to get that his last gasp of homophobia isn't going anywhere.

Get the point?

Sounds like the baker in the Midwest should stay home the day of the wedding and fuck him/herself.

I remember that in one of her columns Abby supported the concept of a paraplegic hiring a prostitute to have sex with him. Off topic.... But makes me go hmmmmmmmmmm.

i remember that one too...but that was the real abby...this is her daughter or some one like that

I'm not sure if it was the original Abby or her daughter. I think the daughter had already taken over the column a few years before it was officially announced.

I remember that in one of her columns Abby supported the concept of a paraplegic hiring a prostitute to have sex with him. Off topic.... But makes me go hmmmmmmmmmm.

That had to be a long time ago because todays gals screw any thing that can breath.

Get the point?

Quantum doesn't seem to get that his last gasp of homophobia isn't going anywhere.

i noticed that.

Get the point?

That you need to take your meds?

Aunt Animal Rights didn't say she was refusing paid business, did she? She offered this as a gift.

Frankly, she ought to back the cake because she did the same for his siblings...

It's not whether or not she refused them business. That's a legal point.

It's whether or not she is a bigot for not wanting to bake a cake for a symbolic event that she believes is morally wrong. That's a moral point.

Forum List

Back