Dear Abby is a bigot

I remember that in one of her columns Abby supported the concept of a paraplegic hiring a prostitute to have sex with him. Off topic.... But makes me go hmmmmmmmmmm.

That had to be a long time ago because todays gals screw any thing that can breath.

I'm sure that's what you've heard, as opposed to actually experienced.

I was single for several years, throw a couple hundred on the Bar and watch them flock.
You don't have to agree, unless you have tried this.
As I always avoid drugs, plenty of guys did not and all they had to do was let them know they had some coke and now they had to fight them off. Oh and we are talking NYC

When will people who bake cakes learn learn that they don't have any rights at all and that their personal principles do not trump trump the absolute right of other people to enslave them?

Animal-Lover Is Appalled By Camouflage Wedding

Get the point?

That you need to take your meds?

Aunt Animal Rights didn't say she was refusing paid business, did she? She offered this as a gift.

Frankly, she ought to back the cake because she did the same for his siblings...

It's not whether or not she refused them business. That's a legal point.

It's whether or not she is a bigot for not wanting to bake a cake for a symbolic event that she believes is morally wrong. That's a moral point.

… which the o/p seems to have conflated.

That had to be a long time ago because todays gals screw any thing that can breath.

I was single for several years, throw a couple hundred on the Bar and watch them flock.
As I always avoid drugs, plenty of guys did not and all they had to do was let them know they had some coke and now they had to fight them off. Oh and we are talking NYC

if your experience is throwing money on a bar to meet women, what kind of women do you think you'll meet.

that isn't all women as implied by your post. frankly, i'd think a guy who throws money on a bar to meet women doesn't have much to offer.

When will people who bake cakes learn learn that they don't have any rights at all and that their personal principles do not trump trump the absolute right of other people to enslave them?

My nephew is getting married next year. I was very excited because I love him and I'm a baker. I had planned on making the groom's cake as I did for his brother's and sister's weddings. The problem is, they have decided on a hunting theme for their wedding -- including a camouflage wedding dress for the bride.
Abby, I am an animal-rights activist. I'm against any form of hunting. I am also involved with several animal-protection groups. My nephew and his fiancee know how hard I work for animal rights -- just the thought of a hunting theme for a wedding makes me ill.
I don't even want to attend, let alone make a cake. What can I do so there will be no hurt feelings if I don't want to attend or participate? -- BAKER IN THE MIDWEST

Get the point?

Alzheimer's ?

My nephew is getting married next year. I was very excited because I love him and I'm a baker. I had planned on making the groom's cake as I did for his brother's and sister's weddings. The problem is, they have decided on a hunting theme for their wedding -- including a camouflage wedding dress for the bride.
Abby, I am an animal-rights activist. I'm against any form of hunting. I am also involved with several animal-protection groups. My nephew and his fiancee know how hard I work for animal rights -- just the thought of a hunting theme for a wedding makes me ill.
I don't even want to attend, let alone make a cake. What can I do so there will be no hurt feelings if I don't want to attend or participate? -- BAKER IN THE MIDWEST

Get the point?

what was bigoted about Abby's response?

be specific so we can point out the absurdity of your statement.

Are you seriously that oblivious? The writer is an animal rights activist. But she is afraid she'll be forced to make a hunting themed cake for her nephew because that's what he/they wanted, despite her repulsion to hunting and killing sport. Her quandary is the same as that of a Christian being forced to serve a homosexual against his beliefs.

Get it now?

mmmm i love people who hate hunters......i remember what happened in florida when the banned hunting deer for a while....deer starved and died of disease....and when they released all those fucking minks in england....ahhh they didnt know that minks can only be put with their litter mates and raised that way....they are vicious little fuckers....they released them and they were like a wave of wee killing machines.....taking out wild and domestic creatures....we would not have wild ducks if not for those mean ass fuckers with ducks unlimited.....

Sun Journal - Google News Archive Search

it was hunters who first realized what leaded shot was doing ....it was these same men are saving wetlands

https://www.ducks.org/how-to-help/membership/sponsors

no one in my family hunts at this time...just not into it.....

My mother is one of those people. She can't stand the thought of killing an animal or that someone else might. She, and so many like her, just do not understand that hunters actually help keep some balance in nature, and most actually are very concerned about the welfare of these animals as a whole. As for myself, I have no problem with hunters, so long as they intend to eat what they kill, or at least make certain the meat does not go to waste. There are some people out there who just want to hunt for the thrill of the kill. Those people scare me a bit.

I know what I'd do in her shoes.... I'd bake the best cake I could, iced in cammo (which is fun to do!), and I'd decorate it with an eight-point buck shooting a human.....

Seriously, she made the offer - and the whole idea of a 'gift' is to please the *recipient*. If she doesn't feel she can do this herself, she should pay someone else to do it as her gift and refrain from attending if she couldn't fully enjoy it.

As the husband pointed out, nature photographers use cammo, too.... He also points out that by 'drawing the line', the baker is *closing down communications* and thus removing any chance that she can ever change the attitude she so deplores in her nephew.....

Get the point?

Are you seriously that oblivious? The writer is an animal rights activist. But she is afraid she'll be forced to make a hunting themed cake for her nephew because that's what he/they wanted, despite her repulsion to hunting and killing sport. Her quandary is the same as that of a Christian being forced to serve a homosexual against his beliefs.

Get it now?

No, it's really not.

And you sure are rude for somebody who claims the high road.

Silly statement follows: "When will people who bake cakes learn learn that they don't have any rights at all and that their personal principles do not trump trump the absolute right of other people to enslave them?"

Cake bakers have all the rights of anyone who offers their services to the public.

Personal principles do not trump public accommodation laws.

Get the point?

Aunt Animal Rights didn't say she was refusing paid business, did she? She offered this as a gift.

Frankly, she ought to back the cake because she did the same for his siblings...

Frankly, her personal principles are more respectable than yours, and I think PETA is a menace to society.

Get the point?

What is bigoted about not baking a cake for a same sex wedding. Be specific so I can point out the absurdity of your statement.

Get the point?

It's not whether or not she refused them business. That's a legal point.

It's whether or not she is a bigot for not wanting to bake a cake for a symbolic event that she believes is morally wrong. That's a moral point.

:clap2:

Bingo!

if your experience is throwing money on a bar to meet women, what kind of women do you think you'll meet.

that isn't all women as implied by your post. frankly, i'd think a guy who throws money on a bar to meet women doesn't have much to offer.

Attracting women by throwing money on a bar was not my intention but it was reality--what you never went to a club and seen this type of thing--well maybe in North Dakota but NYC is different--like La, Chicago, Miami get the point?
But you went to much to offer,hmmm why does a guy need to have something to offer-you referring to finances,or maybe something else you are guilty of wanting from a guy.

Attracting women by throwing money on a bar was not my intention but it was reality--what you never went to a club and seen this type of thing--well maybe in North Dakota but NYC is different--like La, Chicago, Miami get the point?
But you went to much to offer,hmmm why does a guy need to have something to offer-you referring to finances,or maybe something else you are guilty of wanting from a guy.

again… what kind of women would one expect to meet in bars? i went to clubs in my younger days… with friends…or dates.

i have no guilt.

everyone has to have something to offer another… for some it is personality. for some it is companionship… for some it is sexual attraction… for some it is beauty. for some it is status. for some it is throwing money on a bar.

the point, however, was not that there are NO women who will bonk someone just because of a few dollars on a countertop.

and no "most* women do NOT do that.

Last edited:

You aren't the only guy that noticed that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back