Dear Abby is a bigot

Why would you want to do that? Or treat a customer so poorly?

Because she is a free human being with feelings?

Every free human being with feelings acts and thinks irrationally? Really?

Oboy!!! :eusa_dance: Troll vs. Troll! I've been waiting for this...

emot-munch.gif

what was bigoted about Abby's response?

be specific so we can point out the absurdity of your statement.

Are you seriously that oblivious? The writer is an animal rights activist. But she is afraid she'll be forced to make a hunting themed cake for her nephew because that's what he/they wanted, despite her repulsion to hunting and killing sport. Her quandary is the same as that of a Christian being forced to serve a homosexual against his beliefs.

Get it now?

The response of "Abby" and the original letter writer are two different people.

Get it now? Or are you that oblivious?

The question stands. My guess is Windbag went PWI again. Even now it doesn't seem to have dawned on him. Gonna be kind of fun to see how long it takes.

What was Abby's response again?

Feeling as strongly as you do about not attending, write the happy couple a warm letter wishing them a lifetime of happiness together and include a nice wedding gift -- I'm sure there will be no hurt feelings.

Get the point?

When will people who bake cakes learn learn that they don't have any rights at all and that their personal principles do not trump trump the absolute right of other people to enslave them?

My nephew is getting married next year. I was very excited because I love him and I'm a baker. I had planned on making the groom's cake as I did for his brother's and sister's weddings. The problem is, they have decided on a hunting theme for their wedding -- including a camouflage wedding dress for the bride.
Abby, I am an animal-rights activist. I'm against any form of hunting. I am also involved with several animal-protection groups. My nephew and his fiancee know how hard I work for animal rights -- just the thought of a hunting theme for a wedding makes me ill.
I don't even want to attend, let alone make a cake. What can I do so there will be no hurt feelings if I don't want to attend or participate? -- BAKER IN THE MIDWEST

Animal-Lover Is Appalled By Camouflage Wedding

Get the point?
You are the one that doesn't get the point. There is no law that says you have to bake a cake with an inscription or theme you don't like.......or want to.....

What part of "race or sexual orientation" do you and others still arguing over same sex marriage not get?

And you, seem to be the least able to comprehend what you read. Abby actually told the woman she didn't have to bake the cake, which is right....and Abby is not a bigot, you don't know if she would have baked the cake....and the situation has nothing to do with politics, religion or ethnicity, so it appears your OP title is a tad FAIL.

big·ot[ bíggət ]
intolerant person: somebody with strong opinions, especially on politics, religion, or ethnicity, who refuses to accept different views

When will people who bake cakes learn learn that they don't have any rights at all and that their personal principles do not trump trump the absolute right of other people to enslave them?

My nephew is getting married next year. I was very excited because I love him and I'm a baker. I had planned on making the groom's cake as I did for his brother's and sister's weddings. The problem is, they have decided on a hunting theme for their wedding -- including a camouflage wedding dress for the bride.
Abby, I am an animal-rights activist. I'm against any form of hunting. I am also involved with several animal-protection groups. My nephew and his fiancee know how hard I work for animal rights -- just the thought of a hunting theme for a wedding makes me ill.
I don't even want to attend, let alone make a cake. What can I do so there will be no hurt feelings if I don't want to attend or participate? -- BAKER IN THE MIDWEST

Get the point?
You are the one that doesn't get the point. There is no law that says you have to bake a cake with an inscription or theme you don't like.......or want to.....

What part of "race or sexual orientation" do you and others still arguing over same sex marriage not get?

And you, seem to be the least able to comprehend what you read. Abby actually told the woman she didn't have to bake the cake, which is right....and Abby is not a bigot, you don't know if she would have baked the cake....and the situation has nothing to do with politics, religion or ethnicity, so it appears your OP title is a tad FAIL.

There is no law that says that bakers have to bake a cake if they don't want to? When did that happen, because I could have sworn you argued that the government was right to investigate the baker who didn't want to make a theme cake for a gay wedding.

big·ot[ bíggət ]
intolerant person: somebody with strong opinions, especially on politics, religion, or ethnicity, who refuses to accept different views

Sounds just like the people who insist that Christians have no rights.

Get the point?

There is no law that says that bakers have to bake a cake if they don't want to? When did that happen, because I could have sworn you argued that the government was right to investigate the baker who didn't want to make a theme cake for a gay wedding.
There you go...you missed it again...."gay" that is the operative word. The cake in your op has nothing to do with "gay"....geez, do you need a picture?

Christians have the same rights as everyone else...but it appears that Christians are the ones wanting to take rights away from some.....

Get the point?

what was bigoted about Abby's response?

be specific so we can point out the absurdity of your statement.

Are you seriously that oblivious? The writer is an animal rights activist. But she is afraid she'll be forced to make a hunting themed cake for her nephew because that's what he/they wanted, despite her repulsion to hunting and killing sport. Her quandary is the same as that of a Christian being forced to serve a homosexual against his beliefs.

Get it now?

No....refusing to bake a cake for free based on a hunting theme is not illegal, refusing to sell a cake based on discrimination due to sexual orientation is (in the state where the baker refused to do it). Big difference....legal, illegal....Get it?

There you go...you missed it again...."gay" that is the operative word. The cake in your op has nothing to do with "gay"....geez, do you need a picture?

Christians have the same rights as everyone else...but it appears that Christians are the ones wanting to take rights away from some.....

There is no difference between being gay and being a hunter.

Really? Bwahahaha, be sure and mention that to all the macho hunters here on this Forum.....

Are you for real?

We'll assume you're unaware of how ignorant this is.

Makes a great sig line though. :D

Get the point?

No.

What does not wanting to bake a cake have to do with bigotry. My lord is every cake-baking insident gonna be a exploration of bigotry and inequality?

As long as the cake-baker refuses to make camo-cakes for both hunters and non-hunters, there's no bigotry involved.

It's the consistency. Those who have no consistency have trouble understanding the concept of it.

Actually there's no commercial question here; the letter writer is being asked to bake a cake for her nephew. It's a family favor. That's why she's writing to Abby; it's a question about family protocol. She doesn't even say she has a business.

That's what makes this thread such a head scratcher.

Well, that, the "Abby is a bigot" non sequitur, and the gay hunter thing... :cuckoo:

Attracting women by throwing money on a bar was not my intention but it was reality--what you never went to a club and seen this type of thing--well maybe in North Dakota but NYC is different--like La, Chicago, Miami get the point?
But you went to much to offer,hmmm why does a guy need to have something to offer-you referring to finances,or maybe something else you are guilty of wanting from a guy.

You aren't the only guy that noticed that.

You know what they say----WHAT DO HOOKERS WEAR???:lol::lol::lol:

ok, obvious question of the day? do you know WHY there are still hookers to this day?

OP: bake the cake, dont bake the cake. if she doesnt i can assure yall someone will bake them the cake they want.

Last edited by a moderator:

I used to expect that people who insist that science is there guide to everything would pick science over gobbledygook, then I stopped believing in Santa Clause.

I will point out that both are life choices and repeat that all the science actually backs me up on this. There is absolutely no scientific evidence anywhere that there is anything that makes a person gay.

Feel free to repeat the obvious fact that the fact it is still wrong to hate people based on their choices, and I will repeat that I am not the one that is hating people based on their choices.

Get the point?

No.

What does not wanting to bake a cake have to do with bigotry. My lord is every cake-baking insident gonna be a exploration of bigotry and inequality?

Ask the bigots.

Forum List

Back