Would Dems have nominated Harris in an actual Primary?

Honestly, knowing what I know now, Biden never should have run this year and the Democrats should have had an open primary. Kamala is obviously qualified for the office, but she is still an unknown quantity leading a National ticket. I have my concerns. I would have liked to see how she performed in debates and in states like Ohio. I’m not convinced she would have won an open primary. She may do well or she may crater. It’s a roll of the dice.

Last edited:
But nobody voted for harris to be your presidential nominee
Their state delegates, who represent the Biden voters, will represent them at the convention, with a new nomination....likely Biden's VP. They are no longer bound in their convention vote for Biden, but they will try to represent their State voter's will.

Honestly, knowing what I know now, Biden never should have run this year and the Democrats should have had an open primary. Kamala is obviously qualified for the office, but she is still an unknown quantity leading a National ticket. I have my concerns. I would have liked to see how she performed in debates and in states like Ohio. I’m not convinced she would have won an open primary. She may do well or she may crater. It’s a roll of the dice.
What you know now you could have ask any Trump supporter and they would have told you what you know now 2-3 years ago.
Qualified and capable
Harris like most Americans are Qualified to be president
Capable no she is not.

Their state delegates, who represent the Biden voters, will represent them at the convention, with a new nomination....likely Biden's VP. They are no longer bound in their convention vote for Biden, but they will try to represent their State voter's will.
Yeah the party delegates are doing what they want to and not allowing the dem voters

That’s what we are saying

Yeah the party delegates are doing what they want to and not allowing the dem voters

Under state election rules, there is only 2 to 3 weeks left, for democrats to nominate a presidential candidate and get it to the states, before the different state cut offs for a named candidate.

There is no time to run a primary for voters again. That's simply the facts. Sure it sucks, but it is, what it is, under the pre game rules. Can't change the rules once the game contest, has started.

Under state election rules, there is only 2 to 3 weeks left, for democrats to nominate a presidential candidate and get it to the states, before the different state cut offs for a named candidate.

There is no time to run a primary for voters again. That's simply the facts. Sure it sucks, but it is, what it is, under the pre game rules. Can't change the rules once the game contest, has started.
Yeah y’all really screwed up. The fraud by harris and others in the admin covering up xiden’s mental health really hurt democracy

Not doing a poll. Just thought it would be an interesting discussion. I suspect they would not have nominated her. I'd like to think they would have nominated someone with broad appeal who could win independent and never-Trump Republicans votes. But the two-party shitshow doesn't really want candidates with broad appeal, so who knows.

What do you think?
Harpy Eagle seems pretty pumped on Obamala running.
He’s been all over the forum not so ambiguously supporting her. You can almost see his giddy smile in his posts.

And since Trump was anointed in 2020 without primaries in many (if not most states***) the hypocrisy is evident.

WW

(** VA primary was canceled so that the backroom types could just ensure Trump was the nominee without the people getting to speak by deciding on Trump or a challenger.)

And since Trump was anointed in 2020 without primaries in many (if not most states***) the hypocrisy is evident.

WW

(** VA primary was canceled so that the backroom types could just ensure Trump was the nominee without the people getting to speak by deciding on Trump or a challenger.)
Did he withdraw?

Harpy Eagle seems pretty pumped on Obamala running.
He’s been all over the forum not so ambiguously supporting her. You can almost see his giddy smile in his posts.

I am very excited to see her running.

This has added so much more entertainment to the next few months. Two old, demented white dudes fighting over who is better at golf was getting a tad boring.

But this changes everything, the next few months are going to be so entertaining.

I am very excited to see her running.

This has added so much more entertainment to the next few months. Two old, demented white dudes fighting over who is better at golf was getting a tad boring.

But this changes everything, the next few months are going to be so entertaining.
Harris couldn't win a primary and you expect her to beat Trump 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I ships done and sailed when the delegates pledged votes to Harris they changed the rules to do it.

Irrelevant.

Did the power brokers let the people vote?

(ANSWER: No, he was anointed. But Trump not being put before the people is OK because it was Trump.)

WW
Of course it’s relevant, of all the people competing he got the most votes, moreover he was the incompant, there are rarely primaries then.

The president isn’t running for re-election this year

I think it was. But that's obviously pure speculation. I think it was a mistake, regardless. Unless they've just given up, and figure letting her lose will keep her out of the 2028 primaries.

That's where I'm leaning. It's very odd how the other Dimocrats out there that have shown indications they wanted to run, Whitmer, Newsom, Shapiro a few other, just immediately endorsed her.
I'm thinking they figure she will probably lose, and then they won't have to deal with her in the future. Especially when you consider that they know, Trump can only serve for four years.

Forum List

Back