Dear religious conservatives

did you guys know that regean was not devoutly Christian? Despite this religious people voted for him.
Reagan may not have been evangelical or devout, but he was deemed better suited to protect our religious liberties than the Sunday School teacher Jimmy Carter was.

Our nation wasn't Christian because its leaders were. It was Christian because the people were.

Most on the social right didn't care, as long as Reagan helped them facilitate conjoining church and state in violation of the Framers' mandate, they'd have no problem if Reagan worshiped Satan.

Well he didn't worship him, he couldn't very well worship his brother.

did you guys know that regean was not devoutly Christian? Despite this religious people voted for him.
Reagan may not have been evangelical or devout, but he was deemed better suited to protect our religious liberties than the Sunday School teacher Jimmy Carter was.

Our nation wasn't Christian because its leaders were. It was Christian because the people were.

I should have been more specific. He probably was religious but I don't think he was the type to be watching religious broadcasting. I was talking about that kind of religious.

Dear anti-Christian nutbags...Did you know you're hopelessly clueless when it comes to understanding Christians?

Wrong. Christians are dependable, and you can usually count on them to do the right thing. It's the fake Christians who bastardize the religion to justify their vile beliefs and political goals that are hard to figure out.

"If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under."

-Ronald Reagan, Remarks at a Ecumenical Prayer Breakfast in Dallas, Texas, August 23, 1984

"Freedom prospers when religion is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged."

-Ronald Reagan, Speech to National Association of Evangelicals, March 8, 1983

Forum List

Back