Death comes in threes

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
Alan Rickman, RIP.

David Bowie, RIP.

Glen Fry, RIP.

"Death comes in threes" is an old circus superstition, but sometimes it comes true.

Alan Rickman, RIP.

David Bowie, RIP.

Glen Fry, RIP.

"Death comes in threes" is an old circus superstition, but sometimes it comes true.

th

th

th

In their memory...

On November 22, 1963, three great men died within a few hours of each other: C.S. Lewis, John F. Kennedy and Aldous Huxley. All three believed, in different ways, that death is not the end of human life. Suppose they were right, and suppose they met after death. How might the conversation go?Peter Kreeft imagines their discourse as a modern Socratic dialog--a part of The Great Conversation that has been going on for centuries. Does human life have meaning? Is it possible to know about life after death? What if one could prove that Jesus was God?Combining logical argument and literary imagination, Kreeft portrays Lewis as a Christian theist, Kennedy as a modern humanist and Huxley as an Eastern pantheist. Their interaction involves not only good thinking but good drama.

Between Heaven and Hell: A Dialog Somewhere Beyond Death with John F. Kennedy, C. S. Lewis & Aldous Huxley: Peter Kreeft: 9780877843894: Amazon.com: Books

Looking at all three of them together in one post kinda slams it all home. They are gone.:(

Alan Rickman, RIP.

David Bowie, RIP.

Glen Fry, RIP.

Life expectancy for men these days is 76. These men are dying 10 years too soon. I think it may depend on the lifestyle they led: drugs, drink, smoking, and just not taking care of themselves when they were young. Maybe not. I'm not criticizing them, but they are dying too young. Take care of yourselves, everyone.

Last edited:
The most important thing about death is not when it comes, but if you were prepared for it.

Matthew 25: 1-13.

We all face death. I'm more than halfway through my life, and I've done everything I intended to do. I have two successful political asylum cases, three published decisions, and three wonderful children who no longer need me. The only thing left for me to do is pre
The most important thing about death is not when it comes, but if you were prepared for it.

So says someone who has not yet faced it.
You know nothing about me, so how can you say whether or not I have faced death?

We all face death. I'm more than halfway through my life, and I've done everything I intended to do. I have two successful political asylum cases, three published decisions, and three wonderful children who no longer need me. The only thing left for me to do is pre

So says someone who has not yet faced it.
You know nothing about me, so how can you say whether or not I have faced death?
Because if you had, you would not make such a simplistic statement about it.

Forum List

Back