Debate between Bill Nye and Ken Ham tonight watch it live

I'm not sure why people like Bill Nye bother with these people anymore. Debating somebody who thinks the world is only 6000 years old is like talking to a wall. I guarantee not a single mind will be changed.

I do love Bill Nye though. Just not sure why he's bothering. Maybe trying to make a few extra bucks now that he's not a TV star.

I'm not sure why people like Bill Nye bother with these people anymore. Debating somebody who thinks the world is only 6000 years old is like talking to a wall. I guarantee not a single mind will be changed.

I do love Bill Nye though. Just not sure why he's bothering. Maybe trying to make a few extra bucks now that he's not a TV star.
Especially when you know he will be sandbagged. It's at the "creation" Museum with a biased "moderator" with questions from the Creation Museum public.

Especially when you know he will be sandbagged. It's at the "creation" Museum with a biased "moderator" with questions from the Creation Museum public.

Moderator is from Cnn. I guess it is to much to ask for proof from the naturalist's for their theories.

The problem I see is Nye isn't too good at debating. He loses his ass every time he go's up against a global warming sceptic, and the last time he and Gore tried to do a simple experiment they failed utterly.

Not the sort of person I would want arguing for my side. deGrasse Tyson, though...he would be great!

The problem I see is Nye isn't too good at debating. He loses his ass every time he go's up against a global warming sceptic, and the last time he and Gore tried to do a simple experiment they failed utterly.

Not the sort of person I would want arguing for my side. deGrasse Tyson, though...he would be great!

He has never had an open debate and why would you make excuses before it begins ?

Nye has called out the creationist's and now he has his chance to try and present a better argument for his views.

I liked Bill when he did the very informative Saturday science show for kids. He should have stuck to that.

As far a science guys go, I have recently become somewhat fond of Dr. Fred Allen Wolf.

He has never had an open debate and why would you make excuses before it begins ?

I'm stating facts. Nye sucks as a debater.

Actually the debate probably didn't change anyone's minds.
Here's a good article that makes a lot of sense. The debate between those who believe in evolution and those who believe in creation will never end. Minds just won't be changed,,ever.
The below article gives a great overview of the debate that has been taking place since Darwin.
Bill Nye and Ken Ham Debated Creationism—But Did They Change Anyone's Mind?
Bill Nye and Ken Ham Debated Creationism?But Did They Change Anyone's Mind?

I'm stating facts. Nye sucks as a debater.

He "sucked" so bad...that Ham was a babbling idiot at the end of it.

Classic "But I have a book".

Here's a good article that makes a lot of sense. The debate between those who believe in evolution and those who believe in creation will never end. Minds just won't be changed,,ever.
The below article gives a great overview of the debate that has been taking place since Darwin.
You have a good point!

On a Christian site 92% said Nye won but that didn't change their minds. Ham, they said, won by losing! :cuckoo:

92 percent say Bill Nye won in Christian Today poll - Salon.com

A number of responses to the debate from Christians supportive of Ham’s position suggest why: Nye may well have been a better debater — the winner, even — but it doesn’t matter.

Blogger Don MacCallister commented, “I love my pastor’s conclusion to this: After watching the Nye/Ham debate last night I walked away with this one truth: I am not a ‘reasonable man’ I am a sinner saved by God’s grace. I will build my life on that foundation.
Boom. There you have it.”

Ezra Byer, another evangelical blogger, exemplified this position in a post titled “Why I believe Ken Ham won by losing the debate.” He wrote, “On debate skills alone, I would give the edge to Bill Nye,” adding:

But here is why I believe Ken Ham won by losing. His objective was not to debate! In all reality this debate probably did not change many hard core atheists to becoming instant Christians and vice versa. But I believe Ken Ham accomplished three things:
1. He raised huge awareness about Biblical Creationism on a mammoth scale. Over 500,000 computers logged in? Not bad! He planted seeds of hope that the Bible is true and seeds of doubt that evolution is our only model.
2. He connected with Christians who did not think the age of the earth was a big deal. Very important! I believe he articulated very well the inconsistencies of believing in an old earth model while still trusting Jesus as Savior.
3. But most importantly, he preached the gospel over four times to hundreds of thousands of people!

You have a good point!

On a Christian site 92% said Nye won but that didn't change their minds. Ham, they said, won by losing! :cuckoo:

92 percent say Bill Nye won in Christian Today poll - Salon.com

A number of responses to the debate from Christians supportive of Ham’s position suggest why: Nye may well have been a better debater — the winner, even — but it doesn’t matter.

Blogger Don MacCallister commented, “I love my pastor’s conclusion to this: After watching the Nye/Ham debate last night I walked away with this one truth: I am not a ‘reasonable man’ I am a sinner saved by God’s grace. I will build my life on that foundation.
Boom. There you have it.”

Ezra Byer, another evangelical blogger, exemplified this position in a post titled “Why I believe Ken Ham won by losing the debate.” He wrote, “On debate skills alone, I would give the edge to Bill Nye,” adding:

But here is why I believe Ken Ham won by losing. His objective was not to debate! In all reality this debate probably did not change many hard core atheists to becoming instant Christians and vice versa. But I believe Ken Ham accomplished three things:
1. He raised huge awareness about Biblical Creationism on a mammoth scale. Over 500,000 computers logged in? Not bad! He planted seeds of hope that the Bible is true and seeds of doubt that evolution is our only model.
2. He connected with Christians who did not think the age of the earth was a big deal. Very important! I believe he articulated very well the inconsistencies of believing in an old earth model while still trusting Jesus as Savior.
3. But most importantly, he preached the gospel over four times to hundreds of thousands of people!

Nye must have won since none of the Creationists are gloating!

Can we hunt down one of the two morons who actually wasted time watching this shit?
Some people can't read!

Forum List

Back