Debate over evolution now allowed in Tenn. schools

Well there goes any Tennessean ever becoming a scientist ever again. Maybe they can turn the science departments of their universities into more seminaries, lord knows preachers contribute more to society that stupid scientists.

Seriously. Permitting a mere additional topic in high school debate will change the career path for all potential Tennessean scientists?

Gawd, that is hilarious..

Actually, the problem lies not with the duscussion but with the reaction TO the discussion.

If we present JudeoChristian Creationism along side Evolution, then we also have to present Hindu, Native American ( all of them ), Afrcan Tribe stories, Zorasterian, etc.

And you know what happens next?

Scientists will demand we allow them to add their faith-based belief in spontaneous irreducible complexity to the mix?

Oh wait.

They already do that, to the exclusion of other competing theories.

But no longer in Tennessee.

And which creationism are we advocating to teach?
Native American? Christian? Buddhism?

A victory for freedom of thought and individualism in the school, and a stinging defeat for the secular mind police. We enjoy freedom of speech, not freedom from speech you find disagreeable.

'NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- A bill that encourages classroom debate over evolution will become law in Tennessee, despite a veto campaign mounted by scientists and civil libertarians who say it will reopen a decades-old controversy over teaching creationism to the state's schoolchildren.'

Tenn. governor allows evolution debate bill to become law

Imagine the lively debate and opening of minds which can now flourish in the previously flat-earther science rooms across Tenn, and hopefully the rest of America!

No creationism is to be 'taught,' dumbass.

There's a very good reason for separation of Church and State. I don't want the State teaching my children about God. That's my job.

Debating competing evolution theories is not 'teaching my children about God.'

But if you actually believe that, you are by default stating that our schools are lying to children with their faith-based spontaneous microevolution mythology.

They should open school every morning with an anthem.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztruDvW2Rj8]AC/DC - Who Made Who LIVE! [AMAZING QUALITY!] - YouTube[/ame]

God said let there be light and BOOM there was light. And it expanded and it expanded into all of Creation setting into motion the processes by which God created life.

Science does NOT disprove God. It shows us how He did it.

I buy into that 'God the Master Programmer' logic. Anything else is stupid on its face, as Bill Gates illustrates:

“DNA is like a computer program but far, far more advanced than any software ever created.”
― Bill Gates, The Road Ahead

But to me, the issue is about the ability to have open debate on the topic and discuss the competing theories.

Why do some folks believe that they, as humans, are not susceptible to the forces of the evolution process?

That is not the issue here, Mr. Strawman.

Tennessee youngsters will now get to debate competing theories of evolution instead of being forced to swallow the state-approved mythology.

The fellow below is studying who are the most intelligent animals in the world. He has removed Tennessee from the running.

monkey_thinking-236.jpg

"Animals of many kinds are social; we find even distinct species living together; for example, some American monkeys; and united flocks of rooks, jackdaws and starlings...The most common mutual service in the higher animals is to warn one another of danger by the united senses of all... Social animals perform many little services for each other; horses nibble and cows lick each other for external parasites....Animals also render more important services to one another; thus wolves and some other beasts of prey hunt in packs, and aid one another in attacking their victims. Pelicans fish in concert. The Hamadryas baboons turn over stones to find insects, etc.; and when they come to a large one, as many as can stand around, turn it over together and share the booty. Social animals mutually defend each other. Bull bisons in North America, when there is danger, drive the cows and calves into the middle of the herd, while they defend the outside...." Charles Darwin

The fellow below is studying who are the most intelligent animals in the world. He has removed Tennessee from the running.

"Animals of many kinds are social; we find even distinct species living together; for example, some American monkeys; and united flocks of rooks, jackdaws and starlings...The most common mutual service in the higher animals is to warn one another of danger by the united senses of all... Social animals perform many little services for each other; horses nibble and cows lick each other for external parasites....Animals also render more important services to one another; thus wolves and some other beasts of prey hunt in packs, and aid one another in attacking their victims. Pelicans fish in concert. The Hamadryas baboons turn over stones to find insects, etc.; and when they come to a large one, as many as can stand around, turn it over together and share the booty. Social animals mutually defend each other. Bull bisons in North America, when there is danger, drive the cows and calves into the middle of the herd, while they defend the outside...." Charles Darwin

You should not fear debate. Free your mind. Your ass will follow.

God said let there be light and BOOM there was light. And it expanded and it expanded into all of Creation setting into motion the processes by which God created life.

Science does NOT disprove God. It shows us how He did it.

I buy into that 'God the Master Programmer' logic. Anything else is stupid on its face, as Bill Gates illustrates:

“DNA is like a computer program but far, far more advanced than any software ever created.”
― Bill Gates, The Road Ahead

But to me, the issue is about the ability to have open debate on the topic and discuss the competing theories.
As you've been shown, ID is not a scientific theory, so if you want competing theories taught in science, that rules out ID.

Just a personal question, though; are you a masochist?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back