Declining moral values

I think a lot of people that bring up the "declining morals" are just bitter white christians that can't force people to live by their standards and morals and push them around like they had for much of the history of this country

What are liberals trying to do with their 'fairness doctrines' 'redistribution of wealth'?
Christians used the 10 Commandments as 'standards', will you name what is wrong with any of those Commandments (given by the Ultimate Authority)?

Would you dare go as far as to say being able to take care of yourself is moral ?

mo·ral·i·ty
   /məˈrælɪti, mɔ-/ Show Spelled[muh-ral-i-tee, maw-] Show IPA
–noun,plural-ties for 4–6.
conformity to the rules of right conduct; moral or virtuous conduct.

Because it is not right to expect everyone else in the world to take care of your sorry lazy fucked up stupid ass! ( sorry, not you dilloduck)

Fuck off.

you dont want to debate any of the facts you just want to pull the debate into the idots range that you can understand.

This study clearly shows smaller schools are the ones with the track record of teaching kids sucessfully.

The logical thing to do is to do what has been proven to work.

Why would nay of you tainwallows want to do things that have no record of working?

Because you dont give a rats ass about the success of this country.

You only care about tax cuts and supporting any stupid failed idea that your masters tell you to support.

I love it when TM has a melt down. :lol:

Then make sure you log in everyday...

Well I certainly learned my lesson---smaller class sizes will promote morality in America.

LOL.. you forgot more taxes and bigger pay for principals.

Don't forget passing out lots of condoms.

well shit, we didn't cover sex ed! All we covered was class size :lol:

And then again schools shouldn't be teaching morality or values. But if they can get condoms for free at school I guess that would be covered in economics.

Last edited:
Fuck off.

you dont want to debate any of the facts you just want to pull the debate into the idots range that you can understand.

This study clearly shows smaller schools are the ones with the track record of teaching kids sucessfully.

The logical thing to do is to do what has been proven to work.

Why would nay of you tainwallows want to do things that have no record of working?

Because you dont give a rats ass about the success of this country.

You only care about tax cuts and supporting any stupid failed idea that your masters tell you to support.

I love it when TM has a melt down. :lol:

Then make sure you log in everyday...

Could you work up a quick little montage for me ? Saves time

Would you dare go as far as to say being able to take care of yourself is moral ?

mo·ral·i·ty

Because it is not right to expect everyone else in the world to take care of your sorry lazy fucked up stupid ass! ( sorry, not you dilloduck)

Taking care of yourself is actually instinct. If you feel hungry, you go looking for food.

HOW you follow your instincts, as well as what you do to take care of yourself, well, that is where morality starts to seep in.

Syrenn showed it when she posted the definition of morality. It's rules of "right" conduct as determined by that particular society.

A really cool trick that I learned while traveling around the world in the military was this.......you want to know what the "morality" is of the area you are in, check out what the prevailing belief system is, and you'll know.

Warren Jeffs and his followers at the YFZ Ranch had their own ideas of morality as well, and they thought it was "moral" to marry girls who were 12 - 16 years old in multiple marriages to old men.

Like I said, morality isn't an absolute. People should quit treating it like it is.

Shit, ABS makes sense.

I agree. Well put, too.

Well, if you weren't such a bitch to me, we could possibly be friends. I do know a bit of stuff, because you can't travel to 26 different countries and 49 different states without learning something.

Unfortunately, YOUR friends won't let you be friends with me.

mo·ral·i·ty

Taking care of yourself is actually instinct. If you feel hungry, you go looking for food.

HOW you follow your instincts, as well as what you do to take care of yourself, well, that is where morality starts to seep in.

And unfortunately in this day and age children are learning that putting out your hand and having a tantrum meltdown will get them fed. And fed whatever it is that they want at the time, not what is necessarily on the table.

That is a literal and metaphorical statement as well.

mo·ral·i·ty

Syrenn showed it when she posted the definition of morality. It's rules of "right" conduct as determined by that particular society.

A really cool trick that I learned while traveling around the world in the military was this.......you want to know what the "morality" is of the area you are in, check out what the prevailing belief system is, and you'll know.

Warren Jeffs and his followers at the YFZ Ranch had their own ideas of morality as well, and they thought it was "moral" to marry girls who were 12 - 16 years old in multiple marriages to old men.

Like I said, morality isn't an absolute. People should quit treating it like it is.

Actually I agree with you. The Bible even agrees with you. The Apostle Paul admonished the people to "Do in Rome what the Romans do". It is wrong to encourage somebody to 'sin' by eating food they believe to be forbidden even though you believe it is okay to eat it.

But so often that is where a kind of cultural hypocrisy comes in. We might condemn this person or that group or whatever for doing what we believe to be wrong but then give another group a pass because they have a different 'culture' or whatever. We might condemn medieval Christians for their beliefs while not condemning Islam for their beliefs that were just as rigid and unyielding. We might condemn the Founders for owning slaves and not condemn modern peoples for forcing other kinds of servitude.

So often morality is relative and based on our own biases and prejudices.

Shit, ABS makes sense.

I agree. Well put, too.

Well, if you weren't such a bitch to me, we could possibly be friends. I do know a bit of stuff, because you can't travel to 26 different countries and 49 different states without learning something.

Which state haven't you visited?

And you're right, though certain aspects of morality are, in my opinion, standard across the board, to define a single morality for everyone is senseless. Impossible even. We are a product of our environment and as such our value systems will vary widely.

And unfortunately in this day and age children are learning that putting out your hand and having a tantrum meltdown will get them fed. And fed whatever it is that they want at the time, not what is necessarily on the table.

That is a literal and metaphorical statement as well.

No one in my circle would ever permit their child to tantrum to get fed or accept it for any other purpose.

And I was never forced to eat what I didn't like and wouldn't do that to my son.

Do you have children?

Shit, ABS makes sense.

I agree. Well put, too.

Which state haven't you visited?

And you're right, though certain aspects of morality are, in my opinion, standard across the board, to define a single morality for everyone is senseless. Impossible even. We are a product of our environment and as such our value systems will vary widely.

The only state I've never been to is the one the Twitter Quitter Wasilla Chihuahua is from, Alaska. Almost had the chance to go on detachment with my squadron, but they had to cut 5 people off the list due to funding, and, since I was the FNG, I was one of the ones cut.

Would have liked to seen it, but am kinda glad I stayed home after they told me about the rate of inflation..........10 bucks for a freaking Happy Meal.

Americans worried about declining moral values...except their own. :thup:

What I find hilarious is some of the things on the list are even considered apart of declining moral values. Trying to stick everyone to one set of moral values in this country of all things is not only filled of so much epic fail but horribly ignorant.

Forum List

Back