Defense Secretary 'Looking' at Banning Tobacco.....

OKTexas

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Sep 13, 2012
Defense Secretary 'Looking' at Banning Tobacco Sales at Military Installations

And what are they using to justify telling adults how to live their lives, you got it, healthcare cost. And so it begins, if the left succeeds at this how long do you think it will bleed into government control over your decisions that might have healthcare cost associated with them?

From the link:

" Hagel said that the financial and human costs of tobacco use need to be taken into account. The secretary said that dealing with tobacco-related health issues costs the Defense Department more than a billion dollars a year.

“Now the dollars are one thing. But the health of your people — I don’t know if you put a price tag on that. So I think it does need to be looked at and reviewed,” Hagel said."

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs...acco-sales-military-installations_786389.html

Your thoughts.

Last edited:
When I was in, smokes were so cheap that the running joke was that if you didn't smoke, you were losing money.

When I was in, smokes were so cheap that the running joke was that if you didn't smoke, you were losing money.

When I left PR in 1996 you could still buy name brand smokes for $2.50 a carton. They were still selling them at the Class 6 store at that time but they were rationed to 5 cartons a month.

Once they get through with the smokers...they will start to eyeball the drinkers. Beer, wine, etc etc etc.

Will anyone be left to speak up then?

Friggen asshole sec def...you can die for your country, but no smoking...

They should leave the cigarettes at the installations. Although smoking is not permitted during basic training, and advanced individual training, it is still popular amongst the troops. This is especially true for those that are deployed overseas as it helps relieve the stress.

So when restrictions on drinking that started during Reagan were also leftist oppression???

Everybody smoked when I was in.

And if any of the non smokers complained about the stink, they were told to go outside.

So when restrictions on drinking that started during Reagan were also leftist oppression???

You mean where they started getting tough on alcohol related crimes like DUI? That the only thing I noticed.

Once they get through with the smokers...they will start to eyeball the drinkers. Beer, wine, etc etc etc.

Will anyone be left to speak up then?

Maybe the fat people, they are still a majority. As of late, this country seems to want majority rule instead of the Republic it was designed as to prevent majority discrimination.

You mean where they started getting tough on alcohol related crimes like DUI? That the only thing I noticed.

Fart Hood , TX. 1986, no drinking while in uniform...no stopping after duty except a grocery store...

Was that a local policy, I was in the recruiting command then and never got those directives.

Last edited:
Everybody smoked when I was in.

And if any of the non smokers complained about the stink, they were told to go outside.

That was before they knew for a fact that second hand smoke is almost as dangerous as actually smoking, especially when a person is exposed to it for long periods of time. As an ex-smoker, I support anything that will help people to quit, and that includes making it as difficult as possible to smoke anywhere other than their own homes, and even that is in question if they live in an apartment where the smoke will carry to other apartments in a building.

Fart Hood , TX. 1986, no drinking while in uniform...no stopping after duty except a grocery store...

Was that a local policy, I was in the recruiting command then and never go those directives.

Yes, too many soldiers getting off duty and hitting the local Korean bar for draw beer at 50 cents a glass...

You see the commanders are making the rules, not the leftist or Oblama....

wow, that sucks, I used to make money reselling smokes and alcohol to the locals

Not a lot, but enough to get me through a weekend.

of drinking, no strip clubbing

Forum List

Back