Deflate-gate? Report: Patriots being investigated for using deflated footballs

If the Giants weren't such an awful team, Alex wouldn't be spending all of his time here whining about the team that they supposedly "own".

99810b9ba8dda7dba6653242e6ae4380a65b954ac6071f0af4d65e600cd010ef.jpg

:iagree::laugh::D

Look at him, what a fag. :D Just like Alex.

" Bill Belichick is either a fool or thinks he can play us for one.
To recap Belichick: "I have no explanation," and "I've told you everything I know."

Now, if this were some other coach, maybe those lines would fly. This, however, is Belichick, the most secretive and controlling person in the NFL.

He repeatedly manipulates the injury report so no one, not even the players themselves, know who is really hurt or how badly. He has signed players before facing their former teams for the seemingly sole purpose of gathering intel. He has skirted the letter of the law with trick plays.

And, of course, he was the architect of Spygate."

Armour Control Freak Bill Belichick claims to be oblivious

Let's cut to the chase here, Alex...you hate Belichick because he beats your team...so you come on here with this whine about under-deflated balls like THAT is what made the Patriots romp over the Colts! My suggestion to you is for your team to hire someone EXACTLY like Bill Belichick so you can win games and stop being such a little girl!

I like the Giants I said that before in this thread, Mister Apologist

v1-2.jpg

Giants own the Patriots

Belichick, Brady and the Pats would all be the greatest of all time if it weren't for Eli and the Giants

With all due respect, Winger...the Giants hardly own ANYONE at the moment. That one play in the Super Bowl...which was amazing...did indeed keep the Patriots from a perfect season...saying that the Giants "own" them because of it is a bit of a stretch.

Giants 2 Patriots 0

Yes the Giants own them. If not for the Giants, Patriots under Belichick and Brady would be 5-0 in the Superbowl and would be without question the greatest team, coach and QB of all time. They would also have had a 19-0 record

What does that have to do with this year's superbowl? The Giants are not in the superbowl, so they are irrelevant.

Too bad. It was a legal maneuver.

Yes, it was. Which is what I've said the whole way through. Was it cheating? No. Was it dishonest and poor sportsmanship? Yes. It's very much in line with a team who, under Belichick, has a long history of cheating.

You really are an incredible idiot on this topic. Is a half back option "dishonest" because it tries to trick the secondary? Is a flea flicker "dishonest" because it also tries to trick the secondary? Is a naked bootleg "dishonest" because it tries to trick the outside contain? How is that formation "dishonest"?

What it did was challenge the defensive scheme. What Harbaugh SHOULD have done was call time out and react to what was being done to his defense by the Patriot's formation. He didn't do that. The Patriots ran the play three times in a row without any response from the Ravens at all. Your coach got vapor lock at a crucial time in a crucial game and it was because the Patriots coaching staff out thought him.

I agree that the Ravens ought to have called a timeout. It was a creative play, and it caught the Ravens off guard. I do not challenge any of that. If you go back and re-read you'll see that what I said was that the complaint some people have is not that the play was illegal. It was that the ineligible declarations were made in conjunction with a rushed snap. A player declaring himself ineligible is an odd thing as it is. The officials said they were confused themselves and weren't sure what was going on. After the Ravens coach finally got the officials' attention they took more care to make sure that adequate notice was given. The officials are just as much at fault as anyone.

After the game Belichick said that he doesn't understand why the play was confusing. Really? Why in the hell do you design such a play, if not to create confusion? It seems to me that the play being successful relies entirely on creating confusion. Does any of this amount to cheating? No, of course not. But it does highlight that Belichick is completely dishonest.

Shut up, you said it was unsportsmanlike conduct, amongst other things. Nice back pedaling from your prior matter of fact arrogant statements, huh?

Are you seriously comparing this to beating your wife? WTF is WRONG with you?

Why not? You've spent half the thread comparing PSI to weight. So any batshit crazy thing is possible.

WTF do you think pounds per square inch is? That is a form of weighing the amount of air, dumbass.

No it isn't dumbass.

Pressure and gross weight are two separate things.

It's a way to measure the amount air, correct? Yes, then STFU.

" Bill Belichick is either a fool or thinks he can play us for one.
To recap Belichick: "I have no explanation," and "I've told you everything I know."

Now, if this were some other coach, maybe those lines would fly. This, however, is Belichick, the most secretive and controlling person in the NFL.

He repeatedly manipulates the injury report so no one, not even the players themselves, know who is really hurt or how badly. He has signed players before facing their former teams for the seemingly sole purpose of gathering intel. He has skirted the letter of the law with trick plays.

And, of course, he was the architect of Spygate."

Armour Control Freak Bill Belichick claims to be oblivious

Let's cut to the chase here, Alex...you hate Belichick because he beats your team...so you come on here with this whine about under-deflated balls like THAT is what made the Patriots romp over the Colts! My suggestion to you is for your team to hire someone EXACTLY like Bill Belichick so you can win games and stop being such a little girl!

v1-2.jpg

Giants own the Patriots

Belichick, Brady and the Pats would all be the greatest of all time if it weren't for Eli and the Giants

The Giants suck. :D

v1-2.jpg

The New England Patriots have won more games than any other franchise over the past fifteen years not because they "cheat"...they've won more games that anyone else because they have a better organization from top to bottom then anyone else.

You like the Giants? If you're a New Yorker that means you're probably a Jets fan who jumps ship to the Giants whenever the Jets stink the joint out. No wonder you're so whiny this year...both of your teams suck!

NE are proven to be cheaters, period. This is just another episode in their cheating ways.

NYG sucked big deal. I am not whining.

Dude, all you've done in this thread is whine.

Didja know Beli-cheat threw Tommy under the bus? I ain't whining, I am watching the finger pointing and laughing my ass off.

Yes you were whining throughout the thread about everything, just like a big fat crying baby.

Belichicks plan for the Superbowl is to fill the balls with helium

The Pats will be able to kick 90 yard Field Goals

And isn't interesting that the Patriots picked up Browner

Well according to Belichick and Brady "if you aint cheating you aint trying" Browner fits in perfectly

Like Sherman and Irwin? Two of the seven in recent years found to have PED while playing for the Saintly Seahawks.

Remember Sherman's everybody does it statement.

Of course those cheaters along with Carroll are different than Belichick and those cheaters.

No I don't remember Sherman's everybody does it statement as he was cleared
The most penalized team for PED use has been under Carroll in Seattle.

Sherman got,off on a technicality, which means he did it, but wasn't honest enough to admit it. A leaky cup doesn't change the contents of the sample.

But as I keep saying and you keep proving, excusing one's own team or coach is pretty standard with NFL fans. Carroll's college team cheated, causing USC to forfeit wins and suffer other penalties. Carroll's Seattle team was also fined for contact in summer workouts. But that is all okay and justified and excused by you.

Keep denying and keep proving my point.

But at the end of the day it doesn't matter if the deflated footballs had any impact or not. The fact is that they intentionally cheated. The absence of integrity is the problem, especially with a team who has been caught cheating in the past.
A few times. Some others have probably done similar stuff, it doesn't make it right but it should be treated proportional to the crime. I listened to Joe Theisman this morning and he tested out footballs with the pressures mentioned and said it made no difference to his throwing. He could feel it a little but that was about it.

Belichicks plan for the Superbowl is to fill the balls with helium

The Pats will be able to kick 90 yard Field Goals

If they wanted to use something full of helium, they could just kick around Eli's air head. :D

It's a way to measure the amount air, correct?

No. Now shut the fuck up.

You're stupid. Yes it is. Notice it says UNIT OF MEASURE. Now you shut the fuck up.

"In the USA the PSI pressure unit is the pimary unit of measure for pressure and almost all pressure instruments are specified and display in pounds per square inch."

But at the end of the day it doesn't matter if the deflated footballs had any impact or not. The fact is that they intentionally cheated. The absence of integrity is the problem, especially with a team who has been caught cheating in the past.
A few times. Some others have probably done similar stuff, it doesn't make it right but it should be treated proportional to the crime. I listened to Joe Theisman this morning and he tested out footballs with the pressures mentioned and said it made no difference to his throwing. He could feel it a little but that was about it.

I think that ultimately, the effect will be different for different people. But by and large, there have been many professional football players in the media the past few days who have said that it would definitely be an advantage, particularly in the cold and rainy conditions where holding onto the ball would be naturally more difficult. Tom Brady himself has said that he prefers deflated footballs. There's a reason for that, and it's not because it deflated footballs make no difference to how he performs.

I do agree that punishment needs to fit the crime. But I also believe that a singular incident does not have to be seen in a vacuum. What we have here is a consistent pattern of breaking the rules.

Didja know Beli-cheat threw Tommy under the bus? I ain't whining, I am watching the finger pointing and laughing my ass off.

naah, he just answered a question...

Bill Belichick didn’t leave any room for misinterpretation: If you have any questions about the condition of game balls being used by the Patriots, go talk to Tom Brady.

“Tom’s personal preferences ... on his footballs is something that he can talk about in much better detail and information than I could possibly provide,” said Belichick at this morning’s packed Gillette Stadium press conference.

And guess what: Brady plans to speak with the media this afternoon at 4.

Which is fascinating, considering Brady wasn’t scheduled to meet with the media until tomorrow.

Buckley Deflategate the sequel Go ask Brady Boston Herald

As the head coach, he is responsible for what happens on the field. Ignorance is not an excuse. Deflection and passing the buck are not answers

You're stupid.

:lol: Says the dumb bitch who thinks that PSI measures weight.

Notice it says UNIT OF MEASURE.

A light year is a unit of measure. Are you going to tell us that light years are the same as weight?

"In the USA the PSI pressure unit is the pimary unit of measure for pressure and almost all pressure instruments are specified and display in pounds per square inch."

Pressure. Apparently you need to go back to middle school. Pressure is not weight. Good lord, you are a sad indictment on the American education system.

v1-2.jpg

Giants own the Patriots

With all due respect, Winger...the Giants hardly own ANYONE at the moment. That one play in the Super Bowl...which was amazing...did indeed keep the Patriots from a perfect season...saying that the Giants "own" them because of it is a bit of a stretch.

Giants 2 Patriots 0

Yes the Giants own them. If not for the Giants, Patriots under Belichick and Brady would be 5-0 in the Superbowl and would be without question the greatest team, coach and QB of all time. They would also have had a 19-0 record

What does that have to do with this year's superbowl? The Giants are not in the superbowl, so they are irrelevant.

Your fanboy brought up the issue

You're stupid.

A light year is a unit of measure. Are you going to tell us that light years are the same as weight?

Pressure. Apparently you need to go back to middle school. Pressure is not weight. Good lord, you are a sad indictment on the American education system.

No, I was right. Is it a way to measure how much air.

Deflating footballs may not be as easy as it sounds

If the New England Patriots intentionally deflated footballs used in Sunday's AFC championship win over the Indianapolis Colts, it wouldn't have been as easy to pull off as it might seem.

NFL rules require each team to provide 12 primary balls to the referee for testing 2 hours, 15 minutes before kickoff to ensure they fall between the proper inflation limits of 12½ to 13½ pounds per square inch. The home team also must provide 12 backup balls, and the visiting team has the option to provide 12 more for outdoor games such as Sunday's at Gillette Stadium.

The referee "shall be the sole judge as to whether all balls offered for play comply with these specifications" and the balls "remain under the supervision of the Referee until they are delivered to the ball attendant just prior to the start of the game," according to Rule 2, Section 1.

A person with intimate knowledge of the process told USA TODAY Sports the ball attendant is a uniformed official – generally the same person each week at a given stadium – who comes to the locker room to pick up the balls and takes them to the officials' locker room for testing.

USA TODAY

Bell: Bill Belichick has some serious explaining to do about Deflategate

The ball attendant delivers the balls to the ball boys – usually four provided by the home team and two traveling with the visiting team – who make sure their quarterback's preferred balls get into the game, said the person, who spoke on condition of anonymity because they weren't authorized to speak publicly.

At halftime, the balls return to the officials' locker room, the person said. So, if proper protocol is followed, the only opportunity to manipulate the balls is minutes before kickoff or during the game on the sideline, where there's a risk of anyone in the stadium and dozens of TV cameras seeing it.

You're stupid.

No, I was right. Is it a way to measure how much air.

Forum List

Back