🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

'Defund the police' movement falls flat on its face...you'll never guess where.

The “defund the police” movement has crashed and burned in New York City, perhaps putting a welcome close to one of the dumber chapters in police reform debates.

Current Mayor Bill de Blasio had promised some $1.5 billion in cuts to the city’s police department, but few of those cuts came to fruition. Instead, de Blasio reversed the decision to scrap a new NYPD precinct in Southeast Queens. The city will now spend $105 million to build it.

The 'defund the police' movement falls flat on its face in New York City
And that moron was running for president. Definition of democrat--CLUELESS.
He didn't get very far in the primaries so it is safe to say he is not the definition of a democrat. "Defund" was a stupid thing to say and I can't believe ANYONE really wanted to do it. What I think they meant, and with which I agree, is to REFORM policing. Demand national standards for training and procedures.
If they wanted reform, they'd say reform.

They say defund.
These morons figure they can use any word for anything and when called on it they say "you know what I meant." They should say what the mean--that is communication. The idiocy just keeps getting worse. Like saying BLM is not exclusionary and racist.

Let's defund the NYC Police Dept and wall off the city and turn it into the Escape-from-New-York -style penal colony that it cries-out to become.

Let 'em whack and feed on each other for a year... then shoot the last man standing.

If that works, we can roll it out to Chicago, and St. Louis, and Baltimore, as part of the next wave...

The “defund the police” movement has crashed and burned in New York City, perhaps putting a welcome close to one of the dumber chapters in police reform debates.

Current Mayor Bill de Blasio had promised some $1.5 billion in cuts to the city’s police department, but few of those cuts came to fruition. Instead, de Blasio reversed the decision to scrap a new NYPD precinct in Southeast Queens. The city will now spend $105 million to build it.

He didn't get very far in the primaries so it is safe to say he is not the definition of a democrat. "Defund" was a stupid thing to say and I can't believe ANYONE really wanted to do it. What I think they meant, and with which I agree, is to REFORM policing. Demand national standards for training and procedures.

They say defund.
They say 'defund' because they are talking to themselves and don't think about how they sound to others.

I live in Los Angeles.

I have just heard:

a. The City Council has decided to ADD money to the police budget.

i. Two groups (no need to be specific) are committing a lot of violent crime. What a surprise!

b. The mayor has agreed to the increase, even though he originally cut the budget in order to give the money to community organizations in the hope that they could teach people to behave better. Yeah! Right!

i. Maybe that mayor finally got a little backbone because he is quitting to be the ambassador to India.

They say defund.
They say 'defund' because they are talking to themselves and don't think about how they sound to others.

So they're saying "defund" cause they're stupid...we already knew that.

Police should get paid double to start. Policing america would be a rough job. All the drugs and alcoholism that kind of defines this nation would be difficult. Valso double their pension and allow retirement after 20 years

They say defund.

They're not stupid, just angry and politically unsophisticated. They need to do hire an ad agency and do some market testing.

They say defund.

They're not stupid, just angry and politically unsophisticated. They need to do hire an ad agency and do some market testing.

Why hire an ad agency MSM and Democrats are kept busy running interference. How many people can throw bricks, throw frozen water bottles, torch police cars, torch buildings, ransack businesses and it be called a "peaceful protest"?

They say defund.

Why hire an ad agency MSM and Democrats are kept busy running interference. How many people can throw bricks, throw frozen water bottles, torch police cars, torch buildings, ransack businesses and it be called a "peaceful protest"?
Good question. On Jan 6, the estimates I heard were 800 entered the Capitol from a crowd of 10,000 (many more crossed barriers but stayed outside). I'd call that 8% and NOT a peaceful protest, do you agree? I'd say no more than 1% can be violent and still call it peaceful.

They say defund.

Good question. On Jan 6, the estimates I heard were 800 entered the Capitol from a crowd of 10,000 (many more crossed barriers but stayed outside). I'd call that 8% and NOT a peaceful protest, do you agree? I'd say no more than 1% can be violent and still call it peaceful.
No weapons. Only fatality was an unarmed US vet who, at most, was guilty of trespass and taking pictures. According to you, though, that is cause for summary execution at the hands of a black capitol cop. ALL LIVES MATTER. Say her name--ASHLII BABBITT!

No weapons. Only fatality was an unarmed US vet who, at most, was guilty of trespass and taking pictures. According to you, though, that is cause for summary execution at the hands of a black capitol cop. ALL LIVES MATTER. Say her name--ASHLII BABBITT!
So many things wrong with this sentence:
  • "black capitol cop" - why mention black, is this somehow a racial issue? why not say "christian capitol cop"?
  • "cause for summary execution" - Do you say the same about an unarmed, Black man being shot because a White cop felt threatened?

christian capitol cop"?
Because we don't know that he is a Christian. We know that he is black--little else since they are hiding his identity.
Do you say the same about an unarmed, Black man being shot because a White cop felt threatened?
No, society doesn't in the example you put forward ^^^. They charge him with murder and BLM riots for a year nationwide and threatening juries. You can't have it both ways hypocrite. The BLM chickens of the last year are coming home to roost. Get used to it and own it because it isn't going away. You reap what you sow.

christian capitol cop"?
Because we don't know that he is a Christian. We know that he is black--little else since they are hiding his identity.
Do you say the same about an unarmed, Black man being shot because a White cop felt threatened?
No, society doesn't in the example you put forward ^^^. They charge him with murder and BLM riots for a year nationwide and threatening juries. You can't have it both ways hypocrite. The BLM chickens of the last year are coming home to roost. Get used to it and own it because it isn't going away. You reap what you sow.
I think it is unusual for a cop to be charged:
White officer who shot and paralyzed Black man in Kenosha, Wisconsin, returned to duty

christian capitol cop"?
I think it is unusual for a cop to be charged:
White officer who shot and paralyzed Black man in Kenosha, Wisconsin, returned to duty
So soon you forget your pariah, Chauvin? How about the cop who shot Rayshard Brooks after Brooks stole his taser and shot it at him? You people forget what you protest instantly.

They say defund.

So, 92% peaceful...by any measure, MOSTLY peaceful.

Forum List

Back