democrat and republican leadership being put to the test !

yidnar

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2011
Inside your head.
with the shutdown of states do to covid 19 for the pat weeks many states are starting to phase in [phase one] reopening their economies [mostly republican governors] while democrat governors are throwing people in jail for being outside [even in states with comparably low infections rates] ! if these states led by republicans can successfully restart their economies without a surge in covid deaths we can expect to see more protests against dem leaders in states still shut down !

with the shutdown of states do to covid 19 for the pat weeks many states are starting to phase in [phase one] reopening their economies [mostly republican governors] while democrat governors are throwing people in jail for being outside [even in states with comparably low infections rates] ! if these states led by republicans can successfully restart their economies without a surge in covid deaths we can expect to see more protests against dem leaders in states still shut down !

It's all experimental no matter who does what. There is no right or wrong way because not only have we never had something like this before, we have no experience in how to deal with it. So to me, it's not really about leadership, it's about flipping a coin.

I for one think we are rushing it a bit. If we had many more antibody tests, N-95 masks, hand sanitizer no matter where you go, then it might prove successful by allowing those people with no ability to catch this thing go to work, to the store, in public places with others who also tested negative. For people susceptible, wear the masks, maintain social distancing. For people who have medical conditions where the virus can prove deadly, stay at home as much as possible.

What the heck is wrong with compromise ? could we allow business & stores that have a way to let people in one way & out the other, require masks & gloves to enter, only allow min amount of people in at a time, yellow tape in 6 feet divisions, no way can we make anything perfect but could we try to work together for a solution?

What the heck is wrong with compromise ? could we allow business & stores that have a way to let people in one way & out the other, require masks & gloves to enter, only allow min amount of people in at a time, yellow tape in 6 feet divisions, no way can we make anything perfect but could we try to work together for a solution?

I believe that's what they are trying to do now. A lot of people suffered these last couple of weeks. It would be a shame if it was all in vain and the cases started to increase again, then we would have to repeat the last month or so.

It's all experimental no matter who does what. There is no right or wrong way because not only have we never had something like this before, we have no experience in how to deal with it. So to me, it's not really about leadership, it's about flipping a coin.

I for one think we are rushing it a bit. If we had many more antibody tests, N-95 masks, hand sanitizer no matter where you go, then it might prove successful by allowing those people with no ability to catch this thing go to work, to the store, in public places with others who also tested negative. For people susceptible, wear the masks, maintain social distancing. For people who have medical conditions where the virus can prove deadly, stay at home as much as possible.
in my opinion in states starting to reopen [phase one] people going to ork or patrons should be required to wear a mask . even if its a homemade one .

Economies will do well at the outset. It’s like opening day of baseball season. Sell out crowds. Then in June...you have much smaller crowds.
Testing would show us if reopening the economies contributed to the virus spreading. Which is why republicant’s oppose it; it would be bad news for the blob.

Economies will do well at the outset. It’s like opening day of baseball season. Sell out crowds. Then in June...you have much smaller crowds.
Testing would show us if reopening the economies contributed to the virus spreading. Which is why republicant’s oppose it; it would be bad news for the blob.

The Republicans are opposing testing? Since when?

The republicans who I’ve discussed the topic with.

in my opinion in states starting to reopen [phase one] people going to ork or patrons should be required to wear a mask . even if its a homemade one .

The problem is will people listen? I've talked to people here and at home about what happened when they went to the store. They said it was mobbed, no social distancing, only half of the people wore masks and so on. The stimulus money did exactly what it was supposed to do.

Wait a minute, we are both on this thing quite a bit. How is it you talked with Republicans who opposed testing and I never seen one post like that?

What reason would anybody have for opposing tests?

The problem is will people listen? I've talked to people here and at home about what happened when they went to the store. They said it was mobbed, no social distancing, only half of the people wore masks and so on. The stimulus money did exactly what it was supposed to do.
we have to make a trial run somewhere to see if we are over the curve in some areas ... unfortunately it may be the only way to see if and when we can reopen the economy .

Wait a minute, we are both on this thing quite a bit. How is it you talked with Republicans who opposed testing and I never seen one post like that?

we have to make a trial run somewhere to see if we are over the curve in some areas ... unfortunately it may be the only way to see if and when we can reopen the economy .
Have a trump rally. Thousands of salivating sweaty obese morons standing jowl to muffintop. Have the blob shake hooves with everyone of them and see what happens.

I recommend Texas

Okaaaaay. Where is the argument not to have testing?

My faith is behind the N-95 masks and antibody tests. If we could have enough of those, that would make a world of difference. I'm not too worried as my niece made everybody in our family a mask. It's not an N-95, but she has a biology degree from college, so whatever it's made out of, I'm sure it's the ultimate protection next to an N-95.

“ I don't think testing helps here.”

Testing "not helping here" is not the same as objecting to tests. His point is valid. If I test okay today, and I get the virus tomorrow, what good did the testing do?

I was speaking more in terms of antibody testing, not virus testing. What antibody testing tells us is who people are that had the virus and recovered, or otherwise who the people are that cannot contract or spread the virus because of natural immunity.

It's more than just being able to participate in society as normal, because those people can also donate blood which can be infused in people who are near death because of the virus, to make them immune as well. Any blood leftover can be used for infusion in our healthcare workers and first responders. And if enough donations occur, infuse people like myself who have serious medical conditions that have proven fatal in combination of Covid-19.

Testing "not helping here" is not the same as objecting to tests. His point is valid. If I test okay today, and I get the virus tomorrow, what good did the testing do?

It would tell you that you have the virus and that you should probably self quarrantine so you don't infect anyone.

Forum List

Back