🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Democrat or Republican?

-S-

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2015
Reading over this, which do you think I fall under:

Military spending: Should NOT be decreased, and more of the budget should be spent on defense based technological advancements.

Civil Rights: Everybody should be treated the same. That includes gays. If I can marry, should be able to, also. Whatever a white male can do, anyone else should be free to do.

Guns: 2nd amendment rights are important to the identity of the USA. Common sense regulations should be in place, but nothing overbearing.

SS and Government Assistance: I believe in the position of Theodore Roosevelt's Progressive Party platform; that we should ensure "the protection of home life against the hazards of sickness, irregular employment and old age through the adoption of a system of social insurance adapted to American use." Though government assistance should never be abused by people that can and should work (and we should crack down on enforcement of these rules), it should not be taken from the people who need it because of the sins of the lazy.

Healthcare: A person's wealth should not determine the state of a person's health.

Taxes are necessary to live in a country with paved roads and a police and court system. If we have to pay more to afford the necessities, so be it.

Favorite presidents are Abraham Lincoln, Teddy Roosevelt, George Washington, and FDR. I especially agree with the policies of these presidents.

Despite my two favorite presidents being Republicans and my admiration of their policies, I'm guessing I'm a Democrat or a center-left Independent in this day and age.

Last edited:

Military spending: Should NOT be decreased, and more of the budget should be spent on defense based technological advancements.

Civil Rights: Everybody should be treated the same. That includes gays. If I can marry, should be able to, also. Whatever a white male can do, anyone else should be free to do.

Guns: 2nd amendment rights are important to the identity of the USA. Common sense regulations should be in place, but nothing overbearing.

SS and Government Assistance: I believe in the position of Theodore Roosevelt's Progressive Party platform; that we should ensure "the protection of home life against the hazards of sickness, irregular employment and old age through the adoption of a system of social insurance adapted to American use." Though government assistance should never be abused by people that can and should work (and we should crack down on enforcement of these rules), it should not be taken from the people who need it because of the sins of the lazy.

Healthcare: A person's wealth should not determine the state of a person's health.

Taxes are necessary to live in a country with paved roads and a police and court system. If we have to pay more to afford the necessities, so be it.

Favorite presidents are Abraham Lincoln, Teddy Roosevelt, George Washington, and FDR. I especially agree with the policies of these presidents.

Despite my two favorite presidents being Republicans and my admiration of their policies, I'm guessing I'm a Democrat or a center-left Independent in this day and age.
Your last statement sounds about right. At least JakeStarkey won't try to steal your bicycle.

I no longer worry about whether I am a Republican or Democrat. Those terms are meaningless these days since both parties are a mess. Neither one lives up to their stated principles.

I was born and raised, and lived as, a Republican most of my life. I am fiscally conservative, somewhat socially liberal, but have some wide libertarian streaks in me.

I still consider myself a Republican, but put truth and logic before party, which these days means I am in conflict with my own party more than in harmony with it.

Though I find myself at odds with the Republican manufactured bullshit and hatred quite frequently in these times, I in no way consider the Democratic party as an alternative. That is a false premise often assumed by the retards on this forum. If I oppose some maniacal or bogus right wing proposition, it is taken as a given that I must be a liberal. It just doesn't get more retarded than that.

If you are lying (or worse, parroting a lie like a brainless rube), and I point out and debunk your lie, what does it say about you when you associate the truth with the other end of the political spectrum? This never occurs to the retards.

So don't worry about what party you should join. Vote for the candidate who most aligns with your views. And if you can't find one, then don't vote. Better to not vote than to vote for a lesser evil, because voting for a lesser evil is still voting for evil, and you will end up with more and more evil choices over time.

That is how we got to this incredible mess we are in now.

Who cares. A progressive is the same regardless of party

Are there progressives still in the Republican party? (I mean progressives from a centrist perspective. Not from the perspective of someone like Ted Cruz that would call Jeb Bush an out right liberal progressive.)

Your last statement sounds about right. At least JakeStarkey won't try to steal your bicycle.
Other than military spending must be decreased, I generally agree. other than I am mainstream Republican and I still want hoss's bike.

Who cares. A progressive is the same regardless of party

Are there progressives still in the Republican party? (I mean progressives from a centrist perspective. Not from the perspective of someone like Ted Cruz that would call Jeb Bush an out right liberal progressive.)
Most of the party is progressive, meaning it wants Big Government to enforce their form of political, governmental, social, or cultural change.

Forum List

Back