Democratic Party, Knives in the Soldiers Backs

Lumpy 1

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2009
Why is that Democrats like to forget that their politicians voted and promoted for the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. First, Democrat leadership committed soldiers to fighting the wars then it's the knives in their backs time.

To me, Democrats flipped their allegiance, turned traitor to the soldiers in favor of their desparation to undermine Bush and win an election. No doubt, war is messy and moods on the realities of it change minds regardless of political leanings.

Yet, it's all President Bush's responsibility because the Democrat leadership weenies changed their untrustworthy minds in favor of, as it turns out, a bumper crop of Democratic/Obama/Liberal failures.

Last edited:
Why is that Democrats like to forget that their politicians voted and promoted for the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. First, Democrat leadership committed soldiers to fighting the wars then it's the knives in their backs time.

To me, Democrats flipped their allegiance, turned traitor to the soldiers in favor of their desparation to undermine Bush and win an election. No doubt, war is messy and moods on the realities of it change minds.

Yet, it's all President Bush's responsibility because the Democrat leadership weenies changed their untrustworthy minds in favor of, as it turns out, a bumper crop of Democratic/Obama/Liberal failures.
It got them congress in 2006 and the presidency in 2008, they really could care less what we think, winning is all that matters.

To me, Democrats flipped their allegiance, turned traitor to the soldiers in favor of their desparation to undermine Bush and win an election. No doubt, war is messy and moods on the realities of it change minds.

It got them congress in 2006 and the presidency in 2008, they really could care less what we think, winning is all that matters.
Yup, it's the end justifies the means no matter how dishonest or unpatriotic.

Liberal hero Brucey Jenner, Conservative hero's, American Soldiers

11350600_392599097598170_6435863685316577541_n.jpg

To me, Democrats flipped their allegiance, turned traitor to the soldiers in favor of their desparation to undermine Bush and win an election. No doubt, war is messy and moods on the realities of it change minds regardless of political leanings.

What a load of sanctimonious bullshit.

Hey, if anyone betrayed the soldiers, it was the republicans who sent them into battle under false pretenses with faulty equipment while Dick Cheney's company raked in billions.

What a load of sanctimonious bullshit.

Hey, if anyone betrayed the soldiers, it was the republicans who sent them into battle under false pretenses with faulty equipment while Dick Cheney's company raked in billions.
Another liberal moron discounting Democratic Party votes and promotions for the wars...before the knives, that is.

Last edited:
[
Another liberal moron discounting Democratic votes and promotions for the war...before the knives, that is.

Uh. No.

Democrats voted for the war based on intelligence that Bush and Cheney clearly misrepresented.

Now, some of them WERE cowards. Some knew they were being fed bullshit and voted for a war on the theory the professionals in the military would finish it quickly. They truly underestimated the capacity of Bush and Cheney to fuck things up.

I don't accept the premise of this topic. Democrats provided 126 of the 133 votes against the Iraq war in the House (82-126) and 21 of the 23 "nays" in the Senate (29-21). The vast support came from Republicans (215-6 in House and 48-1 in Senate). Thus I see it more of a case of the American public changing its mind rather than the politicians.

I believe when politicians don't ask non-military families to sacrifice or even pay for a war, then they really shouldn't start them.

I have read that war authorization a number of times now, and it still reads the same. "The president is authorized to use the armed forces of the United States as he (Bush) determines to be necessary and appropriate. It was Bush's call, Bush's decision. Only an idiot would fail to see the Congress gave Bush the means to hang himself, or become a hero, it was all Bush. Bush hung himself.

Forum List

Back