Democrats Change 181 Year-Old Rule To Allow Ilhan Omar To Wear Hijab In The House

We haven't had a female Muslim elected in 181 years

So, that's all she has to offer in your mind? No surprise there.

That’s your response. No surprise there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, pointing out that liberals, hypocritical focus on race and gender, instead of content of character, or actions,

I do that all the time. Any reasonable person would have seen it coming from a mile away.

Libs of course, are always shocked that anyone would try to hold them to their own claimed standards.

Every single time.

losers.
Name calling.

This is an expression of religion! I guess it’s OK when it comes to iSLAM. We’re screwed as a nation. Fucking ABNORMALS and worthless, spineless Repukes are taking us down the path of destruction!....Wherr are the SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE scumbags when they should be up in arms....but dont let a 66 year old cross stand on public property to memorialize our fallen war heros!

For 181 years, the U.S. House of Representatives has imposed a ban on its members wearing head coverings. With Ilhan Omar, one of the first Muslim women to be elected to Congress, set to take her oath of office in January, that rule—which would have prohibited her wearing her customary headscarves or the hijab—is slated to change.

The change was proposed jointly by Democratic leader Nancy Pelosi, Incoming Rules Chairman Jim McGovern and member-elect Ilhan Omar as part of a larger overhaul package.

When Omar is sworn in next year, she will become the first federal legislator to wear a religious headscarf. Her arrival will mark a number of other “firsts” as well. The Minnesota Democrat will be the first Somali-American in Congress and the first woman of color to represent her state in Washington. She’ll be joined by fellow Midwestern Democrat, Michigan’s Rashida Tlaib, as the first two Muslim women in Congress.

Hats of any kind have been banned from the House floor since 1837.

Read more at citizenfreepress.com ...

omarilhan_111518gn2_lead.jpg
Sorry to hear that that woman in an hijab frightens you so very very much.

Your a moron. Why do we have to change the rule for her.

"You're"

You’re an asshole. Just like your buddies. The only people that keep yapping are the liberal assholes

Thus speaks someone yapping about a woman with a head covering.

It is asshole Republicans whining about a head scarf

I think it is kind of asshole to dismiss all a person is and does and believes, and instead just define them as member of a group(s).

The point about US changing the rules for a newcomer, is valid.
Anyone who demands a religious woman remove her headscarf over an archaic rule is an asshole

I think it is kind of asshole to dismiss all a person is and does and believes, and instead just define them as member of a group(s).

Anyone who demands a religious woman remove her headscarf over an archaic rule is an asshole

What if she decides to go full burkha and asks to cover her face during congressional sessions?

I don't have an issue with the headscarf, but covering up completely should be a no-no

I am shocked and disturbed in equal measure. I sense the pain here and my heart goes out to the many people affected by this. Is there a fund that I can donate to ?

I'm sure you've seen the billion or so threads about how much they are allegedly enjoying "winning". Could you imagine how despondent these useless fuck stains who support Trump would be if they had to actually admit that he is the failure we all know he is? He just caved on tariffs....you'd think that would be a moment of clarity; right?
You are deluded. You ramble on about tariffs and shit whilst a woman can wear a scar over her head in the workplace. Get your priorities sorted.

Burqa Bans: Which Countries Outlaw Face Coverings?

PARIS — The Canadian province of Quebec is the latest place to make it a crime to wear a face-covering garment in public, a move that critics derided as discriminatory against Muslim women.

Quebec’s law, enacted on Wednesday, is the first of its kind in North America, but similar measures — sometimes referred to as burqa bans — have existed in Europe for years.

*Snip*

The French-speaking province of Quebec has barred people with face coverings from receiving public services or from working in government jobs.

Sigh !
You do know there is a difference between a hijab and a burqa dont you ?

Same thing to a half German half polack like me born in Chicago..

Once again I thought there was supposed to be separation of church and state in America?
There is. Come talk to us when a rule is put in place MAKING women wear a hijab INSTEAD of getting rid of a rule that forbids it.

You are deluded. You ramble on about tariffs and shit whilst a woman can wear a scar over her head in the workplace. Get your priorities sorted.

Burqa Bans: Which Countries Outlaw Face Coverings?

PARIS — The Canadian province of Quebec is the latest place to make it a crime to wear a face-covering garment in public, a move that critics derided as discriminatory against Muslim women.

Quebec’s law, enacted on Wednesday, is the first of its kind in North America, but similar measures — sometimes referred to as burqa bans — have existed in Europe for years.

*Snip*

The French-speaking province of Quebec has barred people with face coverings from receiving public services or from working in government jobs.

Sigh !
You do know there is a difference between a hijab and a burqa dont you ?

Same thing to a half German half polack like me born in Chicago..

Once again I thought there was supposed to be separation of church and state in America?
I cant see that this makes Islam the state religion. Are politicians allowed to wear crucifix in congress ?

Once again it's supposed to be separation of church and state..

She is flaunting it and the left is so scared of it they allow it.
Ah...."flaunting it".....that's the REAL issue for deplorables, everyone.

This is an expression of religion! I guess it’s OK when it comes to iSLAM. We’re screwed as a nation. Fucking ABNORMALS and worthless, spineless Repukes are taking us down the path of destruction!....Wherr are the SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE scumbags when they should be up in arms....but dont let a 66 year old cross stand on public property to memorialize our fallen war heros!

For 181 years, the U.S. House of Representatives has imposed a ban on its members wearing head coverings. With Ilhan Omar, one of the first Muslim women to be elected to Congress, set to take her oath of office in January, that rule—which would have prohibited her wearing her customary headscarves or the hijab—is slated to change.

The change was proposed jointly by Democratic leader Nancy Pelosi, Incoming Rules Chairman Jim McGovern and member-elect Ilhan Omar as part of a larger overhaul package.

When Omar is sworn in next year, she will become the first federal legislator to wear a religious headscarf. Her arrival will mark a number of other “firsts” as well. The Minnesota Democrat will be the first Somali-American in Congress and the first woman of color to represent her state in Washington. She’ll be joined by fellow Midwestern Democrat, Michigan’s Rashida Tlaib, as the first two Muslim women in Congress.

it's almost as bad as Democrats changing 180 year laws that banned black people and women from voting

If such a symbol did not represent the oppression of women, perhaps it would be less unpalatable.
Is that what it meant when catholic women were covered in church? Asking for a friend.
It isn't expressed the same way in the Bible as in the Koran, but the effect is pretty much the same; i.e., there is an inferiority in women compared to men as well as the differences between them.

it's almost as bad as Democrats changing 180 year laws that banned black people and women from voting
Not really comparable.

Yeah, i actually don't have an issue with this.

Now if she wanted to wear the full burkha and cover her face while in congress, then that would be an issue.
By the end of 2019 the DEMs will be allowing the full burka in Congress. You can bank on that!
If the Muslims block voted against the DEMs does anyone in their right mind believe the DEMs would allow muslim congress women to wear a head covering?
Got it in ONE!

What if she decides to go full burkha and asks to cover her face during congressional sessions?

I don't have an issue with the headscarf, but covering up completely should be a no-no
Won’t affect her ability to be a congresswoman.

Now if she wanted to wear the full burkha and cover her face while in congress, then that would be an issue.
By the end of 2019 the DEMs will be allowing the full burka in Congress. You can bank on that!
If the Muslims block voted against the DEMs does anyone in their right mind believe the DEMs would allow muslim congress women to wear a head covering?
Got it in ONE!

If a woman in a burka gets elected she should wear one

Doesn’t affect other congress members

Got it in ONE!

If a woman in a burka gets elected she should wear one

Doesn’t affect other congress members

How do we know who the person is if we can't see their face?

sorry, but that's just retarded.

Won’t affect her ability to be a congresswoman.

Well it sure makes it hard for us to know it's actually her.

I am shocked and disturbed in equal measure. I sense the pain here and my heart goes out to the many people affected by this. Is there a fund that I can donate to ?

You could shove your money up your ass, along side your head.

Well it sure makes it hard for us to know it's actually her.

Yeah, and then there's the problem of evil twins sneaking into the People's House and voting to bring down the Republic.

Was there ever something as comical and saddening, at the same time, as the paranoid, hysterical fears of the Other?

Forum List

Back