Democrats Change 181 Year-Old Rule To Allow Ilhan Omar To Wear Hijab In The House

We haven't had a female Muslim elected in 181 years

So, that's all she has to offer in your mind? No surprise there.
It is asshole Republicans whining about a head scarf

Nothing to do with the head scarf. It’s changing rules to accommodate people of other cultures. No other country does it except us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It’s recognizing the dignity of others is worth more than an archaic rule

IF that "other" is not a white male.

If it was Ben Shapiro, you'd be screaming about separation of church and state or some other bullshit.

That’s your response. No surprise there

Yeah, pointing out that liberals, hypocritical focus on race and gender, instead of content of character, or actions,

I do that all the time. Any reasonable person would have seen it coming from a mile away.

Libs of course, are always shocked that anyone would try to hold them to their own claimed standards.

Every single time.

losers.
Name calling.

YOu didn't understand my point then, and all you are doing is demonstrating that you still don't understand it.

If such a symbol did not represent the oppression of women, perhaps it would be less unpalatable.
Is that what it meant when catholic women were covered in church? Asking for a friend.
It isn't expressed the same way in the Bible as in the Koran, but the effect is pretty much the same; i.e., there is an inferiority in women compared to men as well as the differences between them.
That's why I'm not a fan of patriarchal religions....but we DO have the 1st Amendment, so......

Yeah, i actually don't have an issue with this.

Now if she wanted to wear the full burkha and cover her face while in congress, then that would be an issue.
By the end of 2019 the DEMs will be allowing the full burka in Congress. You can bank on that!
If the Muslims block voted against the DEMs does anyone in their right mind believe the DEMs would allow muslim congress women to wear a head covering?
Got it in ONE!

If a woman in a burka gets elected she should wear one

Doesn’t affect other congress members

How do we know who the person is if we can't see their face?

sorry, but that's just retarded.
Many ways to tell who a person is without seeing a face

If Republicans want to be such dicks about it they can invest in a fingerprint scanner at the entrance

Nothing to do with the head scarf. It’s changing rules to accommodate people of other cultures. No other country does it except us.

If it was Ben Shapiro, you'd be screaming about separation of church and state or some other bullshit.
If a white make wants to wear a hijab it is fine with me

Now if she wanted to wear the full burkha and cover her face while in congress, then that would be an issue.
By the end of 2019 the DEMs will be allowing the full burka in Congress. You can bank on that!
If the Muslims block voted against the DEMs does anyone in their right mind believe the DEMs would allow muslim congress women to wear a head covering?
Got it in ONE!

If Republicans want to be such dicks about it they can invest in a fingerprint scanner at the entrance

Or the person can just show their face.

A head scarf is one thing, a full face covering is something else.

What other long time rules and traditions can we expect to see rejected and changed in order to cater to the Muslim minority? This issue is an ominous omen and slippery slopes are always innocent and inconsequential, at first!

Got it in ONE!

What it's chained to her head?

Got it in ONE!

Once again what happened to separation of church and state?

Nice imagination....however, that thing you speak of hasn't really happened.....has it?

Burqa Bans: Which Countries Outlaw Face Coverings?

PARIS — The Canadian province of Quebec is the latest place to make it a crime to wear a face-covering garment in public, a move that critics derided as discriminatory against Muslim women.

Quebec’s law, enacted on Wednesday, is the first of its kind in North America, but similar measures — sometimes referred to as burqa bans — have existed in Europe for years.

*Snip*

The French-speaking province of Quebec has barred people with face coverings from receiving public services or from working in government jobs.

Sigh !
You do know there is a difference between a hijab and a burqa dont you ?

Same thing to a half German half polack like me born in Chicago..

Once again I thought there was supposed to be separation of church and state in America?
I cant see that this makes Islam the state religion. Are politicians allowed to wear crucifix in congress ?

Once again it's supposed to be separation of church and state..

She is flaunting it and the left is so scared of it they allow it.
Ah...."flaunting it".....that's the REAL issue for deplorables, everyone.

Still trying to use the shame tatic bitch?

Got it in ONE!

Or the person can just show their face.

A head scarf is one thing, a full face covering is something else.

How does that prevent her from serving in Congress other than it freaks you out?

Got it in ONE!

Nothing. It's still there. Thank you for asking.

Sigh !
You do know there is a difference between a hijab and a burqa dont you ?

Same thing to a half German half polack like me born in Chicago..

Once again I thought there was supposed to be separation of church and state in America?
I cant see that this makes Islam the state religion. Are politicians allowed to wear crucifix in congress ?

Once again it's supposed to be separation of church and state..

She is flaunting it and the left is so scared of it they allow it.
Ah...."flaunting it".....that's the REAL issue for deplorables, everyone.

Still trying to use the shame tatic bitch?
I'm sorry.....what is it that makes you so upset about this story.......and at me? Talk about snowflakey behavior........

Got it in ONE!

Congress is making no laws regarding establishment of religion
They are only allowing free exercise therein

Got it in ONE!

Nothing. It's still there. Thank you for asking.

Bwahaha..

You Lefty's are affraid to offend stupid dot heads, it's obvious.

What other long time rules and traditions can we expect to see rejected and changed in order to cater to the Muslim minority? This issue is an ominous omen and slippery slopes are always innocent and inconsequential, at first!
Filibuster was a long standing rule and tradition
The Senate had no problem changing that

Got it in ONE!

Congress is making no laws regarding establishment of religion
They are only allowing free exercise therein

Of course they are they are allowing religious head garb into Congress .

Dot head bullshit..

Forum List

Back