Democrats Give Big Tax Credit to the Rich while Regular Americans Suffer under High Inflation

Then the middle class can buy a $27,000 EV and get a $7,000 credit

Electric CarsBase PriceEligible for Federal EV Tax CreditMinimum RangeMaximum Range
2022 Nissan Leaf$27,400Yes149226
2022 Mini Electric Hardtop$29,900
Why should we have to buy some cheap, problem-ridden car just to pacify the climate-change lefties, and instituting a tax credit that will drive inflation higher?

Americans have climate change way down on their list of concerns - with inflation #1.. So what do the elitist, tone-deaf Democrats do? Drive inflation higher with a climate change spending bill.

November can’t come fast enough. Gd knows what the inflation rate will be by then.

Democrats claim to be the party for the working guy and that Republicans favor the rich, but the new spending bill - which will exacerbate inflation - will give a $7,500 tax credit and an additional $4,000 for some wealthy people - who buy an expensive electric vehicle, including Teslas.

In the meantime, regular Americans continue to struggle under a 40-year record inflation as they figure out ways to pay for expensive gas and groceries.

You might not have noticed this, but the $7,500 tax credit already exist, it is a hold over from the Trump admin. They are just adding 4 grand for used EVs and removing the cap for a company.

Personally I don't think the government should be giving tax credits for any consumer purchases.

POST OF THE DAY

Though I would add in the same thing for kids or college or home ownership or any thing else we give tax credits for

They can't get it if they can't afford an electric car, or even any new car. How about a credit for those who buy a preowned vehicle or take the bus?
Excellent point.

This is why I never support tax credits for any purchases because all it does is encourage blind, and rampant consumerism.

If people were really concerned about the environment they would much less shit

I have gone an entire year without buying any new consumer products. The fact that so many people buy too much shit means there are always like new products available for low prices.

Why is that a lie? $300,000 is wealthy, when the average family income is $55,000. Only elitist Dems think earning 6x thr average is middle class.

There are levels in-between middle class and wealthy

The thing is….just a month ago, Manchin wrote that if a consumer product is good, it doesn’t need a government tax credit to incentivize people to buy it.

I wonder how the Dems strong-armed him.

POST OF THE DAY

Though I would add in the same thing for kids or college or home ownership or any thing else we give tax credits for
Tax deductions and tax credits are different.

A deduction reduces total tax by offsetting your income.
A credit is applied in full to what you owe.

The problem with credits is that the government makes them refundable so even if you owe no tax you still get the money.

We should get rid of all of it and just lower the tax rate. It's not only inefficient but it is expensive to charge a high tax rate only to give a chunk of it back

Why should we have to buy some cheap, problem-ridden car just to pacify the climate-change lefties, and instituting a tax credit that will drive inflation higher?

Americans have climate change way down on their list of concerns - with inflation #1.. So what do the elitist, tone-deaf Democrats do? Drive inflation higher with a climate change spending bill.

November can’t come fast enough. Gd knows what the inflation rate will be by then.
So people who can't afford 60K cars no matter what engine they have are now "forced" to buy inexpensive cars?

FYI people who can't afford expensive cars have always bought less expensive cars

DUH

The problem with credits is that the government makes them refundable so even if you owe no tax you still get the money.

We should get rid of all of it and just lower the tax rate. It's not only inefficient but it is expensive to charge a high tax rate only to give a chunk of it back
And….to charge a high tax rate on SOME people while giving the money to others.

For example, I cannot afford a decent electric vehicle, and neither do I want one. (As a retiree, i average around 5,000 miles a year.) Why should I, on a retiree income, have to subsidize a family earning $300,000 toward their purchase of a Tesla?

So people who can't afford 60K cars no matter what engine they have are now "forced" to buy inexpensive cars?

FYI people who can't afford expensive cars have always bought less expensive cars

DUH
You didn’t read what I was responding to. The leftist said I could buy a cheap $30,000 Nissan EV. I responded that I didn’t want a cheap, problem- ridden car, which is what a $30K EV would be.

The income limit is a combined $300,000 so it is not really helping the rich.

With that said, this bill shows the stupidity of our tax code and of using taxes for social engineering.
You can call them what you want, but last I saw, the median income for a household was $66k….So, to a vast majority of Americans $300k per year would be quite well off…

For example, I cannot afford a decent electric vehicle, and neither do I want one. (As a retiree, i average around 5,000 miles a year.) Why should I, on a retiree income, have to subsidize a family earning $300,000 toward their purchase of a Tesla?
Define "decent"

And do you even want an EV?

We should not do either deductions not credits. Both are used for social engineering and that is not the purpose of our tax code.

You didn’t read what I was responding to. The leftist said I could buy a cheap $30,000 Nissan EV. I responded that I didn’t want a cheap, problem- ridden car, which is what a $30K EV would be.
Not true.

There are extremally reliable cars at every price point.

Because it's the American way.

Lisa is the day version of Mary
I buy old problem-ridden cars and fix them, it is cheaper than a new car.

Not true.

There are extremally reliable cars at every price point.
Not if they are cheap EVs. There’s a reason they average around $60k. If you find a cheap one for $30k, you’ll pay for it in other ways.

My gas-powered car was around $25,000, and it‘s been great.

Forum List

Back