Democrats Give Big Tax Credit to the Rich while Regular Americans Suffer under High Inflation

Lisa is the day version of Mary

I buy old problem-ridden cars and fix them, it is cheaper than a new car.
You have to know how to do that, though. You expect retirees to start buying problems and fixing them?

Maybe a 70-year-old should buy a house that’s cheap because it has major structural defects, and fix it up? Or maybe retirees just want to rent at this point and avoid problems.

Finally, the LAST thing a retiree needs is to have to buy an EV when they are struggling under inflation. WTF are Democrats thinking?!

They too can get the credit
If you are in the market to buy a new car it is an incentive to buy electric

So is $4 a gallon gas
There is no reason that gas should cost 2 dollars a gallon or less except for the psychotics who like to control others. The batteries for these cars need to advance several more generations at least and that includes rapid recharge. The fires with the batteries is worrisome as they do not go out easily. And when the particles of the inflamed batteries get on a person what happens? Does it go out. If you try to smother it does it relight? Because having to smother it with water or drowning it for a long period of time is not possible on highways and roads with accidents and anything that causes it to combust.

Not if they are cheap EVs. There’s a reason they average around $60k. If you find a cheap one for $30k, you’ll pay for it in other ways.

My gas-powered car was around $25,000, and it‘s been great.
That is faulty logic.

Do you have any actual data? Say from Car and Driver or Consumer Reports ?

Nice try

The tax credit goes to anyone who buys an EV
The bill also increases taxes on the wealthy and corporations

Does that make you happy?
Oh? A lot of working class Americans out there that can afford a Tesla?

How much tax increase on the rich?

oh and wow...raise taxes on businesses when inflation is already 9.1 percent...where do you think Wal-Mart is going to push that cost on to?

You dembots are silly

Then the middle class can buy a $27,000 EV and get a $7,000 credit

Electric CarsBase PriceEligible for Federal EV Tax CreditMinimum RangeMaximum Range
2022 Nissan Leaf$27,400Yes149226
2022 Mini Electric Hardtop$29,900
a lot of working class folks out there with an extra $27K laying around? Oh no? They might need a loan? With Xiden's Fed skyrocketing interest rates...that tax credit will be eaten up in a year.

Thanks for nothing

That is faulty logic.

Do you have any actual data? Say from Car and Driver or Consumer Reports ?
It’s common sense. If the average new regular car costs $35,000, ones with a cheap price cut corners somewhere. Remember the Yugo?

It’s common sense. If the average new regular car costs $35,000, ones with a cheap price cut corners somewhere. Remember the Yugo?

If you don't have the data to support your claim then all you have is just another meaningless opinion.

I have bought inexpensive cars than have had a longer life than some of the more expensive one's I owned.

Yes, they put in less bells and whistles. Does not mean the quality of manufacture is worse.

If you don't have the data to support your claim then all you have is just another meaningless opinion.

I have bought inexpensive cars than have had a longer life than some of the more expensive one's I owned.

Thanks. Normally the inexpensive car might be a bit smaller or have less bells and whistles. We have a Kia Forte, it is what one would call an inexpensive car, but it is no lower in quality than cars that cost twice as much, might even be better quality.

Some food for thought

However, research is starting to show that you won’t always get what you pay for—at least with high-end electric vehicles. In fact, a Consumer Reports study found that cars in the $35,000-$45,000 range actually scored better on reliability metrics than those priced above $75,000. Industry darling Telsa scored second to last, beaten only in unreliability by Ford’s Lincoln.

Whose whining?

People are just standing up for their rights and protesting against Biden ripping food out of their mouths by denying them this tax credit.

You know, this 7k credit for EVs is not a Biden policy, it is one that is carried over from the previous Admin. All the Dems did was add in 4k for buying a used and opened up a few more vehicles that qualify.

I can assume you have lots of post whining about this tax credit prior to 2021?

Forum List

Back