Only 13 cars will qualify for EV tax credits under Biden administration's 2024 rules

Just like better technology is today fuckup
Well,
If Biden REALLY wanted to do something....
he would have pushed hybrids instead of EVs. Hybrid Tractor/trailer rigs can haul more cargo than EVs with weight allowances. (They weigh less than diesel/DEF tractors) And go further for longer for cheaper with zero loss of horsepower and torque...actually with an increase in traction and handling.

Can't beat physics...

And they would have been received better than EVs.

But instead he made demands like a dictator with the vaccines and EVs....and that's not going to work out for 99.99% of Americans. We are addicted to freedom....
You know...
"GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH"
All over a stupid vehicle....

Well,
If Biden REALLY wanted to do something....
he would have pushed hybrids instead of EVs. Hybrid Tractor/trailer rigs can haul more cargo than EVs with weight allowances. (They weigh less than diesel/DEF tractors) And go further for longer for cheaper with zero loss of horsepower and torque...actually with an increase in traction and handling.

Can't beat physics...

And they would have been received better than EVs.

But instead he made demands like a dictator with the vaccines and EVs....and that's not going to work out for 99.99% of Americans. We are addicted to freedom....
You know...
"GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH"
All over a stupid vehicle....
Hilarious

Do you still own a Model T?

The EV denial is mainly on the climate denial side. Which is a political discussion.

Hilarious

Do you still own a Model T?

The EV denial is mainly on the climate denial side. Which is a political discussion.
Look....
If EVs with current tech were viable they would be selling.
But they aren't compatible or competitive with ICE vehicles. All manufacturers have excess vehicles still on their lots.

Hybrids are very competitive with ICE vehicles plus they have much better mileage. A "drive by wire" system can outperform an ICE vehicle using today's tech. It's not a stretch except for using mass production techniques to produce them instead of prototype models for testing.

Just saying....IDC what the thing runs off of....better is better. And EVs are not better.

Look....
If EVs with current tech were viable they would be selling.
But they aren't compatible or competitive with ICE vehicles. All manufacturers have excess vehicles still on their lots.

Hybrids are very competitive with ICE vehicles plus they have much better mileage. A "drive by wire" system can outperform an ICE vehicle using today's tech. It's not a stretch except for using mass production techniques to produce them instead of prototype models for testing.

Just saying....IDC what the thing runs off of....better is better. And EVs are not better.
Total EV sales in America for 2023 was around 2 million.

In China 8 million.

Hybrids are a step not that long term solution.

Total EV sales in America for 2023 was around 2 million.

In China 8 million.

Hybrids are a step not that long term solution.
I understand the goal....but it currently is not reachable. Let's do what we can do with what technology exists and wait for technology to make possible what we want.

Look, everyone wanted fusion technology to be our primary power producers 40 years ago....if we mandated fusion or nothing 20 years ago we would be in the dark today.

That's where we are with EVs. Still not technologically viable yet.

Again this is beyond the scope of the government ! There should be no tax credits to buy an electric car.

Has everyone here missed the fact that the change in who does and does not get subsidies is based entirely on the place of manufacture of their batteries? Joe is trying to help develop American battery manufacturing and stop sending US dollars to China. The people in this thread criticizing him for that are almost EXACTLY the same people who have accused him a hundred other times of being in cahoots with the Chinese. The only conclusion that can be drawn is that those same people are only interested in attacking Joe Biden and have no interest whatsoever in EVs, EV tax breaks, trade with China or pretty much anything else. They hate Joe Biden because he beat their orange god. Period.
The Left went full on hate when Trump tried to get manufacturing back to America. The Left are praising Biden for trying to bring EV battery manufacturing to/back to America. I wish the Left make their simple minds up.

The EV subsidies are/were there to try and dupe people into buying them, but the niche market is already saturated. So even with subsidies, sales have flopped. The affluent can more than afford these EV toys, so scrap subsidies because it's just the tax from the poor given to the rich. It's a back-to-front Robin Hunt.

You don't know that the Potatohead family got filthy rich off of payoffs from China, Russia and Ukraine? Even ole Hunter is being charged with the Federal crime of hiding the payoff income from the IRS.

You been living under a rock or what? Maybe you just like every typical stupid Moon Bat and are in denial about Pottohead's corruption.

There are only about 25,000 stories on this on Google. Like this one.

If you point to a blue sky and say it's blue....
Lefty will still ask for proof.

More EVs lose US tax credits including Tesla, Nissan, GM vehicles

If I were a Lefty, I suppose it might be fun to go around shopping for an EV, then just when you are ready to close the deal, announce your major reason for buying one is to get the tax credit only to have the dealer tell you Joe stopped the tax credits, then walk away.

Just like you shitlibs to be good with subsidies for rich people.

Do you think there will be classic car shows in 70-80 years where people show off their classic EVs from the heyday of electric, worth many times what they once sold for? Grandpa showing off his classic EV with custom paint job, custom batteries and aftermarket wheel motors worth around a quarter million??? :dunno:

Hey sonny---- pop the hood and let me see those batteries!

The Left went full on hate when Trump tried to get manufacturing back to America. The Left are praising Biden for trying to bring EV battery manufacturing to/back to America. I wish the Left make their simple minds up.

The EV subsidies are/were there to try and dupe people into buying them, but the niche market is already saturated. So even with subsidies, sales have flopped. The affluent can more than afford these EV toys, so scrap subsidies because it's just the tax from the poor given to the rich. It's a back-to-front Robin Hunt.
When did the former 1-term fuckup try to get manufacturing back to America?

When did the former 1-term fuckup try to get manufacturing back to America?
Oh God, the forum thick hunt. Where the feck have you been. Trump tried to hammer countries on import tax to bolster US manufacturing, the Left's tampon fell out over this, and you come in dragging your knuckles, afro hair, Joey Deacon face, and blurt out with that retarded statement. You need to stop chewing the crayons and start thunking. I'm praying you didn't breed.

Last edited:
Oh God, the forum thick hunt. Where the feck have you been. Trump tried to hammer countries on import tax to bolster US manufacturing, the Left's tampon fell out over this, and you come in dragging your knuckles, afro hair, Joey Deacon face, and blurt out with that retarded statement. You need to stop chewing the crayons and start thunking. I'm praying you didn't breed.
The former 1-term fuckups tax trick was not a serious attempt to re-shore manufacturing.

We can reshore manufacturing jobs, but Trump hasn’t done it: Trade rebalancing, infrastructure, and climate investments could create 17 million good jobs and rebuild the American economy

Or this.

Did the Tax Cuts Boost US Manufacturing?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back