Democrats know that they are protected by most of the media

Newspapers were created by various people/factions to support their political preference since our creation as a Nation and even before that.... political positioning was their sole purpose, the so called ''news'' was just a by-product.... I think we've forgotten this over time...

That does seem like a pretty good and reasonable conclusion. if newspapers were created to promote certain political agendas then what was created to tell people about TRUE and objective events in the world around them. Perhaps people scrawled it on the bark of some tree with their flint blades.
I don't think we've ever known the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth with our news papers and it's been up to Historians to get the truth in to books for in depth reading....same with our schools, they are taught watered down History pre college....

Bias tends to creep in because human beings have a tendency to lie and distort things. It is kind of like telling your boss the reasons why you quit your last job. A little bias creeps in because you don't want to tell the entire truth because it may be negative but people do tend to tell the story in such a way that puts a postive light on their actions. I suspect the same thing happens in a lot of other fields such as newspapers.

What about when your last job was great and you excelled at it? No, you assume everyone is like you and most likely fired from their last place of employment. At least, that's what you appear to be saying .

We actually do assume others do as we would do. I agree with that but people tend to cover up for their own sins and live with the delusion that they do nothing wrong ever.

Newspapers were created by various people/factions to support their political preference since our creation as a Nation and even before that.... political positioning was their sole purpose, the so called ''news'' was just a by-product.... I think we've forgotten this over time...

That does seem like a pretty good and reasonable conclusion. if newspapers were created to promote certain political agendas then what was created to tell people about TRUE and objective events in the world around them. Perhaps people scrawled it on the bark of some tree with their flint blades.
I don't think we've ever known the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth with our news papers and it's been up to Historians to get the truth in to books for in depth reading....same with our schools, they are taught watered down History pre college....

Bias tends to creep in because human beings have a tendency to lie and distort things. It is kind of like telling your boss the reasons why you quit your last job. A little bias creeps in because you don't want to tell the entire truth because it may be negative but people do tend to tell the story in such a way that puts a postive light on their actions. I suspect the same thing happens in a lot of other fields such as newspapers.

What about when your last job was great and you excelled at it? No, you assume everyone is like you and most likely fired from their last place of employment. At least, that's what you appear to be saying .

We actually do assume others do as we would do. I agree with that but people tend to cover up for their own sins and live with the delusion that they do nothing wrong ever.

No, you appear to assume others are just as bad as you and whatever you choose to lie about. Some people, using your example do not need to lie about their previous emloyment.

Just like I see no need as a white liberal to lie that racism has not hurt minorities.

Do you guys think that Byrd sounds a lot worse when the cameras are not on him? The whole argument that he was a KKK member is kind of irrelavant because just because you are not in the KKK doesn't mean you are not racist. I'm sure many of his co-workers, the politicians in office, probably knew he talked like this and they said nothing. I wouldn't know if I would feel comfortable around someone like this at all.
Since being a member of the KKK was the point of the OP, doesn't that make it irrelevant? :laugh2:

Do you guys think that Byrd sounds a lot worse when the cameras are not on him? The whole argument that he was a KKK member is kind of irrelavant because just because you are not in the KKK doesn't mean you are not racist. I'm sure many of his co-workers, the politicians in office, probably knew he talked like this and they said nothing. I wouldn't know if I would feel comfortable around someone like this at all.
Since being a member of the KKK was the point of the OP, doesn't that make it irrelevant? :laugh2:

NO. Any other questions.

Liberals protected by the media? Funny someone should bring this up, especially considering:

One of the Major News agencies reportedly KNEW about Guccifer having hacked Hillary's server 2 months ago but refused to run the story

...and...

...it was reported yesterday (Drudge) how an Obama aide was claiming how 'we own / control the media'...from many things we have seen it isn't hard to believe, but we don't know for sure if it's true or, like his boss, this guy is just an idiot.

Forum List

Back