Democrats should not fight Kavanaugh ... too much

John Shaw

Gold Member
Jul 22, 2017
What I would do if I were Chuck is sit down with Turtle Man and map out my plan for getting Kavanaugh in without too much of, or too little of, a ruckus.

The correct play: true or false?

Country before politics. Oppose Kavanaugh at all costs.

Why?

1. Unwinnable battle

2. There are a lot worse people than him out there. From what I know about him, he's a pretty normal conservative judge.

Republicans wouldn't even give President Obama's Supreme Court Nominee a hearing much less a vote. And now Democrats are supposed to just roll over and vote for whatever Trump puts forward? Fuck that!

It's called politics. Not "he hurt my feelings, me need revenge!"

Why?

1. Unwinnable battle

2. There are a lot worse people than him out there. From what I know about him, he's a pretty normal conservative judge.
Because republicans erased any need for those concerns and showed it would win. Any chance of blocking Kavanaugh should be taken in the hopes that a Democrat Senate will be sworn in next January and be able to block Trump or his replacement's SC picks for the rest of the Presidency.

Why?

1. Unwinnable battle

Because republicans erased any need for those concerns and showed it would win. Any chance of blocking Kavanaugh should be taken in the hopes that a Democrat Senate will be sworn in next January and be able to block Trump or his replacement's SC picks for the rest of the Presidency.

Totally unrealistic. Borderline impossible. If you cared about the country, you'd understand how foolish that is.

Republicans wouldn't even give President Obama's Supreme Court Nominee a hearing much less a vote. And now Democrats are supposed to just roll over and vote for whatever Trump puts forward? Fuck that!

OK, so what's in it for Dems then? McChinless can hold a hearing and a vote and get the guy confirmed 51-49.

Why?

1. Unwinnable battle

Totally unrealistic. Borderline impossible. If you cared about the country, you'd understand how foolish that is.
Too stupid. Letting Trump and the far right special interests that picked his nominees win without a fight is the worst possible thing for this country.

Oppose him all they want to. Yell, cry, throw a tantrum or go outside and scream at the sky, none of that really matters.

In the end, he will be on the bench, mark my words.

OK, so what's in it for Dems then? McChinless can hold a hearing and a vote and get the guy confirmed 51-49.

Do I look like Chuck Schumer?

Okay, you can't see me ... I'm not Chuck Schumer. If I were, I presume I'd have a lot better things to do than talk to you guys.

If I were Chuck, I'd probably have a better idea of what's in it for me. But I'm not, so I don't. I'm sure he can think of something.

Why?

1. Unwinnable battle

Too stupid. Letting Trump and the far right special interests that picked his nominees win without a fight is the worst possible thing for this country.

Kavanaugh isn't far right. So ...

Why?

1. Unwinnable battle

Garland wasn’t far left. Fuck Kavanaugh and fuck the GOP until the theft of the Garland pick is remedied.

Why?

1. Unwinnable battle

And Garland wasn't far left. So...

Why?

1. Unwinnable battle

Garland wasn’t far left. Fuck Kavanaugh and fuck the GOP until the theft of the Garland pick is remedied.

Win the presidency. Win congress. Winners get seats. Losers cry and get nothing. That's the way it goes.

Oppose him all they want to. Yell, cry, throw a tantrum or go outside and scream at the sky, none of that really matters.

Maybe he will. Doesn't mean we have to support him or enable his appointment.

No you don't, it's your right to express your First Amendment right. But he will be confirmed, as will the next two SC Justices.

Long after Trump has left office, one of the things Trump will be rememberd for was putting four SC Justices on the SC. As well as the many other great things he accomplished, this will be the most long-lasting.

Maybe he will. Doesn't mean we have to support him or enable his appointment.

No you don't, it's your right to express your First Amendment right. But he will be confirmed, as will the next two SC Justices.

Long after Trump has left office, one of the things Trump will be rememberd for was putting four SC Justices on the SC. As well as the many other great things he accomplished, this will be the most long-lasting.

And if he overdoes it, eventually a liberal congress will just stack the courts. Just because you have power doesn't mean it should be abused to the fullest extent possible.

How will he get TWO more justices, btw?

Win the presidency. Win congress. Winners get seats. Losers cry and get nothing. That's the way it goes.

iiry3l20wltz.jpg

Forum List

Back