Democrats should not fight Kavanaugh ... too much

Oppose him all they want to. Yell, cry, throw a tantrum or go outside and scream at the sky, none of that really matters.

In the end, he will be on the bench, mark my words.
Maybe he will. Doesn't mean we have to support him or enable his appointment.

No you don't, it's your right to express your First Amendment right. But he will be confirmed, as will the next two SC Justices.

Long after Trump has left office, one of the things Trump will be rememberd for was putting four SC Justices on the SC. As well as the many other great things he accomplished, this will be the most long-lasting.

And if he overdoes it, eventually a liberal congress will just stack the courts. Just because you have power doesn't mean it should be abused to the fullest extent possible.

How will he get TWO more justices, btw?

Ruth Buzzi Ginsburg for one. The fourth? Just wait.

Oppose him all they want to. Yell, cry, throw a tantrum or go outside and scream at the sky, none of that really matters.

No you don't, it's your right to express your First Amendment right. But he will be confirmed, as will the next two SC Justices.

Long after Trump has left office, one of the things Trump will be rememberd for was putting four SC Justices on the SC. As well as the many other great things he accomplished, this will be the most long-lasting.

And if he overdoes it, eventually a liberal congress will just stack the courts. Just because you have power doesn't mean it should be abused to the fullest extent possible.

She would have to literally die for that to happen.

Wait for it in 3...2...1...

Kind of messed up, to be honest.

He's probably counting on Ginsberg to die. Some of these justices are pretty elderly. Not sure who the other one would be that would make an ideological difference though.

What I would do if I were Chuck is sit down with Turtle Man and map out my plan for getting Kavanaugh in without too much of, or too little of, a ruckus.

The correct play: true or false?

Compared to the "best people" Trump usually hires, I think the Dems should ask very hard questions at the hearings but, unless something else surfaces, he is the best the Dems can hope for.

Kind of messed up, to be honest.

Maybe so, but old people die. Everyone dies. If we're lucky, we die to make way for something better to happen.

Now excuse me while I'm off to my garage. I have a Ginsburg doll that I'm rather fond of sticking pins into.

What I would do if I were Chuck is sit down with Turtle Man and map out my plan for getting Kavanaugh in without too much of, or too little of, a ruckus.

Compared to the "best people" Trump usually hires, I think the Dems should ask very hard questions at the hearings but, unless something else surfaces, he is the best the Dems can hope for.
What can Dems do? Their only power is in their vote. They are in the minority, so if the repugs can hold onto party discipline and vote in lockstep like they did when Obama was President, they can get their pick in. If the Dems can get a couple GOP women who don't want their reproductive rights to go down the toilet to vote along with them, maybe he doesn't get confirmed. Either way, IMHO he shouldn't get any Dem support.

What can Dems do? Their only power is in their vote. They are in the minority, so if the repugs can hold onto party discipline and vote in lockstep like they did when Obama was President, they can get their pick in. If the Dems can get a couple GOP women who don't want their reproductive rights to go down the toilet to vote along with them, maybe he doesn't get confirmed. Either way, IMHO he shouldn't get any Dem support.

He should because he's qualified for the position.

Not much. That is why they should take this as the best they are going to get.

So was Merrick Garland.

So was Merrick Garland.

And? Eventually someone has to be the adult in the room. It's not like they can really stop Kavanaugh anyway. Might as well protect themselves politically instead of committing suicide over Merrick Garland.

Not much. That is why they should take this as the best they are going to get.
The repugs can have this shit sandwich to themselves.

So was Merrick Garland.

And? Eventually someone has to be the adult in the room. It's not like they can really stop Kavanaugh anyway. Might as well protect themselves politically instead of committing suicide over Merrick Garland.
How are they helping themselves politically by bending over for repugs?

He's a problem because he did an about face on his position on whether Presidents are ABOVE the rule of Law, and opined that he now thinks Presidents ARE ABOVE the rule of Law, complete opposite of what he once argued.

Speculation is that this is why Trump picked him....

On the other hand, I do not believe the other 4 conservative justices would take the same stance as his, if just one of them does not then it really may not matter at all that K' has taken that stance.

Also.... this is to replace a conservative Justice, who voted with the conservative justices 90+% of the time anyway....

Do the Dems really want to claim some sort of Armageddon with K' being the pick and waste their time, energy, and voice on this particular pick,

When the REAL BIG ISSUE of Trump picking a supreme court justice is going to be when one of the liberal justices retire....

And crying wolf now, may curb their ability to scream bloody murder and be heard, when an extreme right wing partisan justice is or could be picked to replace a liberal justice who is retiring in a month or two.... from the boy who cried wolf theory, so to say.

There is no guarantee the Dems will win in November, regardless of the enthusiasm....

-There has been no government action to stop the Russian interference

-The States, are in great Majority, run by Republican governors and legislatures who run the elections and the state laws and protocol for elections

AND the Republican Party's only way to win, in every election.... is to suppress the vote of the Democrats,

Through as many means as possible....rules to make it harder for citizens to vote... harder for students attending college in another State to vote

Harder for the poor, elderly, disabled, and black people to vote adding govt picture voter ID laws

Harder for a Democratic citizen to be heard because of all of the Republican states gerrymandering in their redistricting, making the democratic voters not count

OVER expanded purge lists of ex felons that remove eligible citizens from the voter rolls...

Cutting the days and hours of the voting periods, making long lines and discouraging those from voting....

Cutting voting machines available in Democratic leaning districts....

These are just SOME of the known Republican tactics and strategies to come out with their undeserved wins....

-Then you also have the Democrats moving to the far left, too quickly.... which will discourage all of those Republicans from coming out to vote FOR a Democrat, just to put some checks and balance back in to our gvt.

So, you can not count on the blue wave or that there will be a Democratic take over of the Senate with the November election imo....

And all this effort is a waste on K, when it is going to be needed when Ruth Bader Ginsburg retires, again imo.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back