Democrats vote down late term abortion restrictions in D.C.

Most abortions occur before the fetus looks anything like this. The fetus you posted would account for less than 1% of abortions.

She doesnt care, she's a heartless, selfish liberal, with the morality of a nazi....She prefers killers over babies....She is a cuckoos nest.....

God you lifers are so retarded. No one prefers killers over babies, we favor the RIGHTS of the WOMAN to CHOOSE whether she becomes a MOTHER.

YOU want to FORCE her to become a mother because she committed the 'CRIME' of having SEX.

You hate women. Admit it.

damn you're a cold person..

There is no consensus on when it feels pain, though.

Then it is in the best interest of all to side on safety. So whatever the earliest that they say the baby feels pain, then it should not be allowed, we have a responsibility.

That is the problem. Some doctors say the fetus doesn't feel pain until the third trimester. Others claim it can feel pain at 8 weeks. If we don't agree, where do we draw the line?

Then you side on the side of safety, so you make it eight weeks, you side on the side of humanity, you side on the side of responsibility, you side on the side of the child.

I also caught your comment of a price for just having sex, in my world it is not just sex, I don't just have sex with anyone, it is with my spouse and no other. It makes life less complicated.

Well, if you are a woman you actually have much more credibility than any man on the issue. Seriously, why do men even get to tell women what they can and cannot do with their body?

This is not about the woman's body or her vagina. It is about this body:

24e9cnn.jpg

That is who you are okay with murdering. With a 50 percent chance you are killing a female. With a vagina.

Most abortions occur before the fetus looks anything like this. The fetus you posted would account for less than 1% of abortions.

So how a human looks matters?? Feel sorry for the ugly people

Or whether they can take care of themselves?? Guess the physically disabled, the infants, and the elderly better watch out...

The ways of old Sparta, just done from the womb instead of waiting for birth and inspection

Sorry, on this I cannot agree. I support the right of a woman to abort a pregnancy, but at some point, the line needs to be drawn. I think 20 weeks is more than reasonable outside of special circumstances such as the mother's life being in danger. Actually, that's about the only reason I can think of that a woman should have an abortion after 20 weeks. If she can't figure out she's pregnant or she can't decide that she wants to abort by 20 weeks, then she needs to carry to term.

I support a woman's right to abort; however, 20 weeks is more than enough time to figure it out. Do you support a woman's right to cut that baby out and throw it in the garbage if it is 30 weeks? My son was born at 30 weeks and is alive and well today. Some kids are born as early as 24 weeks and survive. I have not problem with a woman aborting a pregnancy early on, but at some point that fetus becomes a human being that needs to be protected.

Let me respond to both posts at once:

20 weeks is a fair time to make that decision - over here it is 24 weeks, but 20 is a fair compromise.
You say a line needs to be drawn. Well, you oppose abortion after week 20. What about aborting a 19 weeks and 6 days? What changes in that 24 hours that makes you go from supporting abortion to being opposed to it? See, that is the line. The line we draw is often something we can't explain.
We can't explain why we support abortion up to a certain point but not 24 hours before. At least, that is how I see it.
I look at this debate and I think about the line I have drawn. My line is drawn at birth, it is not drawn at any time the fetus is within the womb. I have thought about whether to draw the line at 6 months, but then I asked myself what was different about the fetus that it changed so much in the 24 hours beforehand? And if I allowed myself to support abortion up to the next day, what difference is there 24 hours after that?
I just felt I had to pick a point to well and truly justify drawing the line, which is why I draw the line at birth - because birth is a hugely significant change, and simply being in the womb isn't.

If you are going by what "changes" then again I must side on the side of caution. When the sperm penetrates the egg, that is when the change begins, it is definite and significant.

Sorry, on this I cannot agree. I support the right of a woman to abort a pregnancy, but at some point, the line needs to be drawn. I think 20 weeks is more than reasonable outside of special circumstances such as the mother's life being in danger. Actually, that's about the only reason I can think of that a woman should have an abortion after 20 weeks. If she can't figure out she's pregnant or she can't decide that she wants to abort by 20 weeks, then she needs to carry to term.

I support a woman's right to abort; however, 20 weeks is more than enough time to figure it out. Do you support a woman's right to cut that baby out and throw it in the garbage if it is 30 weeks? My son was born at 30 weeks and is alive and well today. Some kids are born as early as 24 weeks and survive. I have not problem with a woman aborting a pregnancy early on, but at some point that fetus becomes a human being that needs to be protected.

20 weeks is a fair time to make that decision - over here it is 24 weeks, but 20 is a fair compromise.
You say a line needs to be drawn. Well, you oppose abortion after week 20. What about aborting a 19 weeks and 6 days? What changes in that 24 hours that makes you go from supporting abortion to being opposed to it? See, that is the line. The line we draw is often something we can't explain.
We can't explain why we support abortion up to a certain point but not 24 hours before. At least, that is how I see it.
I look at this debate and I think about the line I have drawn. My line is drawn at birth, it is not drawn at any time the fetus is within the womb. I have thought about whether to draw the line at 6 months, but then I asked myself what was different about the fetus that it changed so much in the 24 hours beforehand? And if I allowed myself to support abortion up to the next day, what difference is there 24 hours after that?
I just felt I had to pick a point to well and truly justify drawing the line, which is why I draw the line at birth - because birth is a hugely significant change, and simply being in the womb isn't.

If you are going by what "changes" then again I must side on the side of caution. When the sperm penetrates the egg, that is when the change begins, it is definite and significant.

Don't worry.. the ignorant bitch don't understand what happens when 2 gametes (sperm and egg) join.. hell, she thinks (per her posts) that it is no different than carving out some bad skin tissue or removing some flesh for a nose job because the fetus has 'some DNA from the mother'

See, the same argument is used by those who are pro-life but in reverse. The problem of using "at birth" as your cutoff is that you are allowing for the actual murder of babies who can live outside the mother's womb. It means the child must be extracted and then killed. You really need to rethink this, because you are saying that a woman who is due to give birth tomorrow could decide she doesn't want the child and abort it today. But again, the problem is you cannot abort a child so late in the pregnancy, because the child is fully developed; therefore you must murder the child.

As for the need for a cutoff, it is very simple. If we are to allow abortion, there must be some cutoff. Without one, we get your view that it is okay to abort at any stage regardless of whether the baby could live outside the mother's womb on its own. I think 20 weeks is a reasonable time because the fetus cannot live outside the mother's womb on it's own at 20 weeks without extraordinary measures being taken, and even with those, the child, if it makes it, will have lifelong problems. However, shortly after 20 weeks, a fetus can make it with some help.

Well, if you are a woman you actually have much more credibility than any man on the issue. Seriously, why do men even get to tell women what they can and cannot do with their body?

24e9cnn.jpg

That is who you are okay with murdering. With a 50 percent chance you are killing a female. With a vagina.

The law being discussed in this topic is precisely about preventing the aborting of human beings this developed.

It is a law specifically aimed at preventing the murder of EXACTLY these people.

So take a good look at this person in the photo. It is their murder you are gleefully defending.

Last edited:
Democrats want Abortion at any stage of pregnancy...Sick:mad:

House lawmakers vote down bill on DC abortion restrictions

House lawmakers Tuesday voted down a bill that would ban abortions in the District of Columbia after 20 weeks of pregnancy

The bill, which would have sharply curtailed a policy that currently allows abortions in almost every circumstance, failed in a 220-154 vote. Seventeen Democrats joined 203 Republicans to support it, but because it was considered under special rules requiring a 2/3 vote for passage, the bill won't proceed to the Democratic-controlled Senate, where it was unlikely come up for a vote.

The bill, authored by Rep. Trent Franks, R-Ariz., was based on the disputed claim that fetuses can feel pain at a gestational age of 20 weeks or older.

House lawmakers vote down bill on DC abortion restrictions | Fox News

Of course, progressives believe just as long as it's in the body a) its nothing more than a big ball of DNA and b) the woman can murder the big ball of DNA at anytime..

You see - killing babies is a hobby to these progressive lunatics. Killing a baby is embracing freedom and civil liberties to these sick twisted fucks...

Each and every progressive here who disagrees with my position better realize that they're only here today to talk shit because their mother or father disagreed with the position you hold today...

Democrats want Abortion at any stage of pregnancy...Sick:mad:

House lawmakers vote down bill on DC abortion restrictions

House lawmakers Tuesday voted down a bill that would ban abortions in the District of Columbia after 20 weeks of pregnancy

The bill, which would have sharply curtailed a policy that currently allows abortions in almost every circumstance, failed in a 220-154 vote. Seventeen Democrats joined 203 Republicans to support it, but because it was considered under special rules requiring a 2/3 vote for passage, the bill won't proceed to the Democratic-controlled Senate, where it was unlikely come up for a vote.

The bill, authored by Rep. Trent Franks, R-Ariz., was based on the disputed claim that fetuses can feel pain at a gestational age of 20 weeks or older.

House lawmakers vote down bill on DC abortion restrictions | Fox News

Why is a Rep from Arizona trying to make laws for Washington DC?

Democrats support the rights of women.

And even if a fetus does feel pain at 20 weeks, just put the woman to sleep before the abortion, and the fetus is asleep as well so it won't feel anything. That it what I would prefer anyway, because no one wants to think of abortion as being painful.

JUST PUT THE CHILDREN TO SLEEP BEFORE MURDERING THEM.

Got it!!!!!!

While I dont think you should abort at anytime outside or life of mother or rape/incest.....it's called an arbitrary number, which is better than having anytime. Remember Roe vs Wade was first trimester ONLY.....and if you dont like the number, I guess you dont like consential laws??? 12 year olds having sex with 30 year olds ok? People like you are clowns, it's so easy to poke holes in your extremist policies

And even if a fetus does feel pain at 20 weeks, just put the woman to sleep before the abortion, and the fetus is asleep as well so it won't feel anything. That it what I would prefer anyway, because no one wants to think of abortion as being painful.

Got it!!!!!!

Sick, aren't they?

Kill the innocent...put the ones that make it to this world into unvoluntary servitude to pay off thier debt.

Last edited:

24e9cnn.jpg

Prove it you lying ass supporter of baby genocide.....

Even if your lie was true that would still be 1% too many...

According to your own values - you would defend a savage killer from getting the death penalty, but you would put an innocent baby in a blender..... Yeah nice fucking logic there.

Last edited:

Guess what idiot - you don't own a baby or a fetus. Fetus' and babies aren't body parts - they're individuals...

Understand that??

Also remember where that sperm came from... It's not YOUR fetus or baby...

So fuck your vagina monologue bullshit...

Perhaps we should abort those irresponsible "mothers" making all those "mistakes" so they wont face the choice between murdering a child or having someone else raise their mistake...............

Got it!!!!!!

Sick, aren't they?

Kill the innocent...put the ones that make it to this world into unvoluntary servitude to pay off thier debt.

Seventeen Democrats joined 203 Republicans to support it

that would ban abortions in the District of Columbia after 20 weeks of pregnancy

for publicity the Republicans shoot for a dimes worth of difference but it is Ok otherwise ... what exactly is their point ??? -

the senseless war on woman

Got it!!!!!!

Sick, aren't they?

Seventeen Democrats joined 203 Republicans to support it

that would ban abortions in the District of Columbia after 20 weeks of pregnancy

for publicity the Republicans shoot for a dimes worth of difference but it is Ok otherwise ... what exactly is their point ??? -

the senseless war on woman

the only 'War On Women' is by the left using thier lives for political gamesmenship as pawns. :eusa_hand:

I stand by what I stated.

Forum List

Back