Democrats who support Stand Your Ground

This must be an outtake from, as Liberals put it, his "illustrious" stint as Senator from Illinois. :lol:

if you can escape from a buglar or robber u should.

anyone can claim they had no choice but ti shoot to kill.

If a burglar breaks into my home, I'm not running. It's my home and my things that I worked hard for. I don't look at my things and think, "oh well, it can be replaced via my insurance." I look at it as though I've invested countless hours to gather what I own and enjoy. Losing them to a burglar means, my insurance premiums will go up so that I'm paying for them again and that is unacceptable. So, I'm not running out of the house if it thieves come. It becomes a fight to the death. Either I die or they do. The same goes for any on the street robbery. If the douchebag says give me your wallet, or I'll kill you, we fight. He has to work for it.
So, I believe in "stand your ground."

That isnt what SYG is all about, Jake.

yes it is Bob.

SYG is saying u don't have to run away even if you can.

you can choose to confront and kill a bad guy even if you had the ability to escape.

No, Jake. You are simply wrong here.
SYG says you have no duty to retreat. So when a case occurs the defendent does not have to prove he could have avoided the encounter by retreating. It removes a burden of proof on the defendent. Surely something all right thinking people could approve of.

yes it is Bob.

you can choose to confront and kill a bad guy even if you had the ability to escape.

No, Jake. You are simply wrong here.
SYG says you have no duty to retreat. So when a case occurs the defendent does not have to prove he could have avoided the encounter by retreating. It removes a burden of proof on the defendent. Surely something all right thinking people could approve of.

"It removes a burden of proof on the defendant." - Like innocent until proven guilty. Wow what a novel idea. Should government automatically jail everyone it wishes until they can prove they are innocent? We could lock up a lot more ******* that way.

If a burglar breaks into my home, I'm not running. It's my home and my things that I worked hard for. I don't look at my things and think, "oh well, it can be replaced via my insurance." I look at it as though I've invested countless hours to gather what I own and enjoy. Losing them to a burglar means, my insurance premiums will go up so that I'm paying for them again and that is unacceptable. So, I'm not running out of the house if it thieves come. It becomes a fight to the death. Either I die or they do. The same goes for any on the street robbery. If the douchebag says give me your wallet, or I'll kill you, we fight. He has to work for it.

You would give up your life for your TV? Or is your stereo more important? Computer?
Just curious.

If Martin had shot Zimmerman when he realized he was being followed, would it have been ok for Martin to "stand his ground" ? When Martin punched Zimmerman, wasn't he standing his ground without a gun?
Or is it only stand your ground IF you use a gun?

yes it is Bob.

Actually, stand your ground is about people not being to come in after the fight and argue that they had a chance to run away because they should have seen the open door in an alley three blocks away when they passed it. Holmes said it best when he pointed out that no one is going to think rationally when looking at a knife.

http://www.davekopel.com/2A/LawRev/Self-Defense-Cases.htm

Last edited:

yes it is Bob.

When you show me how to outrun a bullet, then we can discuss this.

Any liability should always be on the perpetrator, not on the intended victim.

yes it is Bob.

When you show me how to outrun a bullet, then we can discuss this.

Any liability should always be on the perpetrator, not on the intended victim.

They want a world where The Purge happens 24/7 because no one would have a right to fight back.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsTrP1G1N9M]The Purge Movie Trailer (2013) - YouTube[/ame]

Zimmerman didn't argue stand your ground, he argued self defense. The whole thing is a liberal strawman. They hate that people can protect themselves, and since it's a feel good, OMG a poor straight A black kid who was getting milk for his dying grandmother story, they are going for the twofer. Liberal race sanctimony and making sure that only criminals have guns and can protect themselves.

yes it is Bob.

Actually, stand your ground is about people not being to come in after the fight and argue that they had a chance to run away because they should have seen the open door in an alley three blocks away when they passed it. Holmes said it best when he pointed out that no one is going to think rationally when looking at a knife.

THE SELF-DEFENSE CASES: HOW THE UNITED STATES SUPREME COURT CONFRONTED A HANGING JUDGE IN THE NINETEENTH CENTURY AND TAUGHT SOME LESSONS FOR JURISPRUDENCE IN THE TWENTY-FIRST

It also removes the ability of the skell's remaining family to sue the would be victim because said victim should have retreated from thier now room temperature relative.

What about if the burglar caught you unarmed, was twice the size of you, was known to be a reckless murdering maniac and had a powerful handgun pointed at you. You were right by the exit (and your family had already left the house).

I'd run.

yes it is Bob.

THE SELF-DEFENSE CASES: HOW THE UNITED STATES SUPREME COURT CONFRONTED A HANGING JUDGE IN THE NINETEENTH CENTURY AND TAUGHT SOME LESSONS FOR JURISPRUDENCE IN THE TWENTY-FIRST

It also removes the ability of the skell's remaining family to sue the would be victim because said victim should have retreated from thier now room temperature relative.

Why should people be sued for defending themselves from a crime?

Forum List

Back