Democrats will pick republican speaker.

BULLDOG

Diamond Member
Jun 3, 2014
Kevin McCarthy will never be Speaker of the House. It's painfully obvious that republicans are unable to choose a speaker without help, and that help will never be given to the extremists who participated in the attempted coup, or anyone who isn't strong enough to stand up to the most radicle of their party. There are already discussions with multiple moderate republicans who are willing to make reasonable concessions to gain the 112 Democratic votes the eventual winner absolutely needs to have. No corroborating link ---- yet, because these discussions are necessarily not public, but it's obvious that McCarthy has at least 5 who will never vote for him, and the math says he can't be elected with 5 of his own party opposing him. .

All McCarthy has to do is work with Democrats on an agreement not to shut down Government or default on the debt

He can be Speaker today

What's sad is such a deal with Republicans is necessary at all.

Such is the right's contempt for sound, responsible governance.
If this debacle isn't proof, then nothing is proof to prove that Republicans have absolutely no interest in governing.

If this debacle isn't proof, then nothing is proof to prove that Republicans have absolutely no interest in governing.
WTF is up with this asinine bolding of every few words?
I, and I am willing to bet not alone, look past your posts because of this distracting habit you have picked up

McCarthy will never receive a single Democratic vote. If he can't convince his own party, he certainly won't get any help from Democrats for the following reasons.

The new speaker—the first post-January 6th speaker—should not be an election denier. The new speaker should not be any of the 147 representatives and senators who went along with the mob and voted to reject the electors from Arizona and Pennsylvania. The constitutional officer second in line to the presidency should not be someone who tried to overturn the last election for the presidency.

Democrats won't help determine the speaker. However with such a slim majority for the Republicans, and the Democrats holding the presidential veto, anything meaningful coming from the House will be through an alliance of Democrats and Republicans that excludes those on the far-left and far-right.

The new speaker—the first post-January 6th speaker—should not be an election denier. The new speaker should not be any of the 147 representatives and senators who went along with the mob and voted to reject the electors from Arizona and Pennsylvania. The constitutional officer second in line to the presidency should not be someone who tried to overturn the last election for the presidency.

:clap2:

It would be an insult to Congress to put an election denier in charge

Vote me for Speaker. Anyone who gets out of line, I'll just bellyflop them into submission. For FREEDOM!!!!

Democrats won't help determine the speaker. However with such a slim majority for the Republicans, and the Democrats holding the presidential veto, anything meaningful coming from the House will be through an alliance of Democrats and Republicans that excludes those on the far-left and far-right.
Right now the Democrats are ensuring McCarthy isn't speaker.

Kevin McCarthy will never be Speaker of the House. It's painfully obvious that republicans are unable to choose a speaker without help, and that help will never be given to the extremists who participated in the attempted coup, or anyone who isn't strong enough to stand up to the most radicle of their party. There are already discussions with multiple moderate republicans who are willing to make reasonable concessions to gain the 112 Democratic votes the eventual winner absolutely needs to have. No corroborating link ---- yet, because these discussions are necessarily not public, but it's obvious that McCarthy has at least 5 who will never vote for him, and the math says he can't be elected with 5 of his own party opposing him. .
You are confused Moon Bat.

McCarthy made enough concessions to the Freedom Caucus last night to sway 14 of them.

All he needs is, I think, are four more.

God bless the Freedom Caucus for putting the interest of the American people ahead of the interest of the welfare queens and Swamp.

Of course McCarthy is a big government card carrying RINO and he isn't that much different than many of the Democrat scum. I don't know if he, like all Liberals, can be trusted.

I wouldn't bet on him making good on all of the concessions.

Forum List

Back