Demographic Shifts That Are Sinking The Republican Party

if/when the GObP loses the Presidency AGAIN in 2016 there is going to be a complete meltdown by > a few here.

that would be very minor compared to the meltdown of the left when Hillary is defeated by a huge margin.

Are you in favor of denying people their rights, and imposing your own morality on others? How Democrat of you!

Ironic coming someone who wants to deny the right of consenting adults to marry the partner of their choice based upon his own dubious morality!

would you deny marriage to two women and one man? how about 2 men and 2 women? three women? two women and a dog? a mother and daughter?

once gay marriage is made legal, there is no legal defense that can be brought against all forms of "marriage". Because to do so would be denying someone their rights.

States have the Constitutional right to define marriage as being between 2 consenting adults. When DOMA was overturned the SCOTUS made a point of leaving in place the right of states to make that determination.

if/when the GObP loses the Presidency AGAIN in 2016 there is going to be a complete meltdown by > a few here.

If they run on efficient and smart government that continues our investment into science, infrastructure and r&D. They could win with some of their social issues...

Of course that is being reasonable.

Matt, I know you mean well, but do you understand what it means when you say government "investment" ?

the government does not invest, it spends.

Ironic coming someone who wants to deny the right of consenting adults to marry the partner of their choice based upon his own dubious morality!

would you deny marriage to two women and one man? how about 2 men and 2 women? three women? two women and a dog? a mother and daughter?

once gay marriage is made legal, there is no legal defense that can be brought against all forms of "marriage". Because to do so would be denying someone their rights.

States have the Constitutional right to define marriage as being between 2 consenting adults. When DOMA was overturned the SCOTUS made a point of leaving in place the right of states to make that determination.

I agree, I am just pointing out the next logical legal steps once that precedent is set.

once the courts rule that gay marriage must be allowed for "equal right" reasons, then there will be no legal defense that can stop all other forms or marriage for the same "equal rights" arguments.

that would be very minor compared to the meltdown of the left when Hillary is defeated by a huge margin.

Hillary wont even make it to the primaries. She is a has been. The Obama Machine will not allow an old white woman to run. IT will ruin the formula.

If they run on efficient and smart government that continues our investment into science, infrastructure and r&D. They could win with some of their social issues...

Matt, I know you mean well, but do you understand what it means when you say government "investment" ?

Am talking about all those grants to sustain our ability to compete in science and organizions like the nws, epa, nhc, fda, cdc etc. States also use federal monies to build infrastructure and I feel this is a good idea.

Am talking about all those grants to sustain our ability to compete in science and organizions like the nws, epa, nhc, fda, cdc etc. States also use federal monies to build infrastructure and I feel this is a good idea.

So do I, but it is not investment, it is spending. The government can only spend what it collects from us or borrows from other nations.

Infrastructure work creates jobs, but lets not get confused, the government must collect or borrow the money before it can issue those contracts.

Govt science and research grants are spending, sometimes they find something good, many times they do not.

for something to be an investment, the return must be greater than the amount spent.

do you think the GM bailout was an investment or spending?

Thus, over time, high-turnout seniors, currently the most conservative part of the electorate by age, will be liberalized as Baby Boomers age. Moreover, the most liberal part of the generation — those born up through 1955 and termed “early Boomers” — is frontloaded, so the political impact on the senior population could be fairly rapid.
So, the changing location, education levels, and age of the electorate suggest why the Republicans’ long-term disadvantages aren’t so bad as most people think. They’re worse.

The Hidden Demographic Shifts That Are Sinking The Republican Party | ThinkProgress

Ssshhhhhhh...don't tell them. They think they are winning....:badgrin:

Massachusetts has had gay marriage for ten years.......yet they haven't moved to incest or bestiality

Because if those who support incest or bestiality made their demands too early, same sex marriage acceptance would never move beyond Massachusetts. Same sex marriage has been legal throughout Sweden, Germany and Denmark, who have fully legal animal brothels.

I must resist the fact check. Nothing good will come from that.

I'm not following....how does gay marriage lead to "bestiality brothels" again?

My understanding of bestiality is that it is primarily a heterosexual activity

Yep. Fuck the GOP. I was a Republican until 2011. Then they went bizarre on me, and I'm laughing as I watch that party die a slow death.

Sure, they'll still win a few elections in the next 5-10 years. But their time is slowly slipping to the point they'll become a fringe movement.

I usually don't hand out negs, but I'm going to neg you ever time I catch you in your "I was a Republican" lie

Thus, over time, high-turnout seniors, currently the most conservative part of the electorate by age, will be liberalized as Baby Boomers age. Moreover, the most liberal part of the generation — those born up through 1955 and termed “early Boomers” — is frontloaded, so the political impact on the senior population could be fairly rapid.
So, the changing location, education levels, and age of the electorate suggest why the Republicans’ long-term disadvantages aren’t so bad as most people think. They’re worse.

The Hidden Demographic Shifts That Are Sinking The Republican Party | ThinkProgress

we will see this november and november 2016. I wouldn't count my chickens before they hatch if I were you.

the young are moving right, not left. state and local elections are being won by conservatives and republicans, remember, all politics is local.

Because if those who support incest or bestiality made their demands too early, same sex marriage acceptance would never move beyond Massachusetts. Same sex marriage has been legal throughout Sweden, Germany and Denmark, who have fully legal animal brothels.

do you understand the concept of equal rights for people of all beliefs and desires?

a society that does not have standards of right and wrong is doomed.

do you understand the concept of equal rights for people of all beliefs and desires?

So people such as yourself get to set the standards?

A generation ago, the standard was we did not want black men having sex with white women. We used to lynch to enforce it
Now, your standard is that homosexuals are "yucky" and shouldn't be allowed to marry

The absurdity of your logic is the presumption that people form their political views on arbitrary factors like age instead of the realities and facts of life, ie the economy and results of public policies.

But hey, whatever makes you feel good. The left has been proclaiming the death of the GOP for years :lol:

Of course not. The DNC is set for huge gains in the midterm elections coming up, says no polls at all. Obviously y'all are winning :lol:

The best part of all this is that, like a broken transmission, the GOP is stuck in Denial gear, and so the wheels just keep spinning deeper and deeper into the sand.

So people such as yourself get to set the standards?

A generation ago, the standard was we did not want black men having sex with white women. We used to lynch to enforce it
Now, your standard is that homosexuals are "yucky" and shouldn't be allowed to marry

No, society as a whole should determine what is right and wrong, not a bunch of liberal college professors who have never lived in the real world.

yes, blacks raping white women was something the black men were lynched for. They should have been brought to trial, no disagreement there.

I have no issue with homosexuals, I have gay friends and relatives. why do you call them yucky? I want them to be able to legally commit to each other and have the same rights as a married man and woman, but their union is not a marriage. It is equal in every way, but its not a marriage. Why is the word marriage so important to you? I thought it was about equality,

its not really is it? its about government mandated societal acceptance. Orwell had it right, and you silly fucks are supporting the Orwellian USA.

The best part of all this is that, like a broken transmission, the GOP is stuck in Denial gear, and so the wheels just keep spinning deeper and deeper into the sand.

Yeah, and hillary is the best you can come up with? seems like the denial is on your side. enjoy your female version of Dole and McCain. too bad you can't learn from our mistakes.

but go ahead------after all its her turn, the kenyan stepped in front of her so you owe it to her. "what difference, at this point, does it make"

I can't wait for a hillary campaign.:D

There is a huge disconnect between working Americans and the DNC. The left is delusional, literally. This administration has decided to just say any negative stories are lies, but workers who are having their hours cut, people like myself who have had their insurance canceled and had to take a more expensive plan, and the MILLIONS of completely uninformed people that voted for Obama are about to have a rude awakening when they file their tax returns next year.

The smartest thing the GOP could do is demand that this administration fully enact and enforce, without delay, all provisions of the ACA--that would be the death of this administration and this monstrosity of a law. The midterms are fast approaching.

We will see congress start to be very active once the GOP has a majority in the house and senate--lots of vetos. Then who will be the do nothing president refusing to sign laws meant to help American families and economy.

You just keep telling yourself that, as Pelosi keeps spinning that the unaffordable Health Care Act is affordable. :lol:

Forum List

Back