Dems Admit Border Security is not in Amnesty Bill

bripat9643

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2011
In today's article from The LA Times, we get this startling admission regarding the Dems'Amnesty Bill:

"...The GOP proposals would stop immigrants from making the transition to legal status until various border security and immigration enforcement goals are reached. Under the bill as written, a plan to halt 90% of all illegal crossings must be in operation before legal status is set in motion, but a security plan does not have to achieve that target.

"Republican senators said the changes were needed to encourage action in the GOP-led House, where the conservative majority is less inclined to provide a route to citizenship.

"Democrats argued that these proposals could prevent immigrants from ever gaining legal status."

There it is. The Dems have no intention of securing the border, just admitting 30 million or more chain unskilled immigrees from Mexico and points south.

"A plan to halt 90% of all illegal crossings".

Only the most gullible rube that ever walked the Earth would believe such a thing was in the realm of possibility.

Jesus, you people are stupid!

Next: "We aren't going to sign off on any budget unless it pays off our national debt by the end of next week!"

Only the most gullible rube that ever walked the Earth would believe such a thing was in the realm of possibility.

Next: "We aren't going to sign off on any budget unless it pays off our national debt by the end of next week!"

And you are ignorant. You'd much rather hinder progress because all those racists in the GOP want to secure the border. "I WON'T CUT THE DEFICIT UNTIL YOU GRANT THOSE ILLEGALS AMNESTY!"

For fucks sake g5, you are a certifiable idiot.

And you are ignorant. You'd much rather hinder progress because all those racists in the GOP want to secure the border. "I WON'T CUT THE DEFICIT UNTIL YOU GRANT THOSE ILLEGALS AMNESTY!"

Please tell us how you would go about stopping 90 percent of the illegal immigration.

This should be fun.

The only certifiable idiot is you for not seeing the GOP has put an impossible burden on the process. This is deliberate. They are working very hard to make themselves irrelevant. It's positively amazing to observe this self-destruction.

Last edited:
Illegal immigrants are not stealing jobs. I know how badly you fools want to believe they are, but they are not.

And the evidence is right in front of your face, but you are too stupid to see it.

hahahahaha! The border is more secure now than it ever has been.
Have you stopped to think that your statement is meaningless?

If I have two posts and some barbed wire strung between them, and I put up one more post with wire, I can say that the border is now more secure than it was. I only have another 2,500 miles to go!

More secure than ever is NOT 100% secure.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-...rder-security-change-to-immigration-bill.html

The U.S. Senate rejected a Republican proposal to immigration legislation that would prohibit undocumented immigrants from gaining legal status until the Department of Homeland Security could show it had “effective control” of the borders for six months.

Completely unrealistic. It is the same as my analogy about paying off the national debt by the end of next week.

This is a deliberate attempt to sabotage the immigration bill.

“This clearly would undo the entire theme and structure of the immigration bill,” New York Senator Charles Schumer, a Democratic co-sponsor of the legislation, said of Grassley’s amendment. “It will take years and years until the border is secure.”

That's a true statement.

McCain said he and Graham will meet with other senators today to try to come up with an alternative to Cornyn’s plan, which Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid and other advocates of the immigration legislation have called a “poison pill.”

That's exactly what it is. A poison pill.

Believing the opponents of Grassley's ridiculous amendment are against border security is to be one gullible fuck.

hahahahaha! The border is more secure now than it ever has been.
Have you stopped to think that your statement is meaningless?

If I have two posts and some barbed wire strung between them, and I put up one more post with wire, I can say that the border is now more secure than it was. I only have another 2,500 miles to go!

More secure than ever is NOT 100% secure.

To believe the border could ever be 100% secure is to be one retarded amoeba.

I have an idea!

Let's give DHS 1.6 billion rounds of ammo to gun down illegal immigrants!

Please tell us how you would go about stopping 90 percent of the illegal immigration.

This should be fun.

The only certifiable idiot is you for not seeing the GOP has put an impossible burden on the process. This is deliberate. They are working very hard to make themselves irrelevant. It's positively amazing to observe this self-destruction.

Easy, stop giving them all jobs and benefits for coming here illegally. Was that so hard, birdbrain? Give them no incentive to stay here. End of story. Looks like your attack backfired, g5.

This should be fun.

Easy, stop giving them all jobs and benefits for coming here illegally. Was that so hard, birdbrain? Give them no incentive to stay here. End of story. Looks like your attack backfired, g5.

And how would you stop them from getting jobs and benefits?

What benefits do you think illegals are getting? Please provide cites for each.

This should be fun.

Oh geez, even you can't be serious. First of all, they get a job here, which is a benefit.

Then housing, healthcare, education....

Economic impact of illegal immigrants in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

on top of them funneling billions of dollars to the motherland:

http://www.civitasreview.com/immigration/who-benefits-from-illegal-immigration/

Last edited:
Why can't we secure the border? If Americans can wage through wars, why can't it send more soldiers to patrol and protect our Southern border? It's hard to say it, but I'm afraid we're going to hear of a future terrorist attack in America thanks to extremists crossing through the gaps.

Oh geez, even you can't be serious. First of all, they get a job here, which is a benefit.

Then housing, healthcare, education....

Economic impact of illegal immigrants in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

All you have is a Wiki link? Really?

Can you show any cites about how illegals are being given housing at our expense? For all you know, they are paying rent out of their wages, so that is not a "benefit" in the sense you clearly intended. Show they are getting free housing.

I also see you did not repeat your previous claims you have made on this forum about welfare, food stamps, and so forth. So I guess I am finally getting through in a small way.

Anti-immigrants like yourself greatly exaggerate the negative impacts of illegal immigrants, and make many a bogus claim about the "benefits" they are receiving.

Forum List

Back