Dems Admit Border Security is not in Amnesty Bill

Why can't we secure the border? If Americans can wage through wars, why can't it send more soldiers to patrol and protect our Southern border? It's hard to say it, but I'm afraid we're going to hear of a future terrorist attack in America thanks to extremists crossing through the gaps.

Soldiers patrolling our borders, eh?

I can't wait to hear the anti-immigrant Libertarians response. :lol:

"A plan to halt 90% of all illegal crossings".

Only the most gullible rube that ever walked the Earth would believe such a thing was in the realm of possibility.

Jesus, you people are stupid!

Next: "We aren't going to sign off on any budget unless it pays off our national debt by the end of next week!"

Nothing could be easier than stopping 90% of illegal immigration.

Yeah right. They stopped coming because there are no jobs.

You're almost there! So close to seeing the evidence in front of you that illegals are not stealing jobs. Think this through. Keep going...

Really? Then why are illegal border crossings up 9%? Are they here on vacation?

Are you a schizophrenic by any chance?

One moment you say they stopped coming. Now you say their crossings are up 9 percent.

Make up your mind!

Last edited:
How do you know illegal crossing are up 9 percent?

If arrests are up, would that not support the claim the border is more secure since we are catching more of them?

Why can't we secure the border? If Americans can wage through wars, why can't it send more soldiers to patrol and protect our Southern border? It's hard to say it, but I'm afraid we're going to hear of a future terrorist attack in America thanks to extremists crossing through the gaps.

Soldiers patrolling our borders, eh?

I can't wait to hear the anti-immigrant Libertarians response. :lol:

If we had soldiers patrolling our Southern border, I am certain that would lower the amount of illegal aliens crossing our border. All it takes is a handful of extremists to take advantage of America's lax border security to cause some serious damage. Either we deal with this now, or we wait until a horrible attacks happens and the GOP uses it as a sledgehammer to beat it over the heads of liberal bureaucrats. We can prevent this mess from happening, and we should act before it is too late.

No one knows the exact number of illegals in America. Nor does anyone know the actual numbers who are crossing.

As our border monitoring technology improves (something I know quite a bit about), it will of course reveal far more people crossing than we had seen before. That's the whole point of new technology. To reveal more than was previously seen.

As our tracking and capture abilities improve, we will catch more illegals.

None of this is solid evidence the rate of illegal immigration is increasing. We won't really know for sure until we can accurately identify how many are actually here and if that number is shrinking. However, the general consensus is that the number of illegals in America has been pretty stable for the past five or six years. Remember those red staters bragging about illegals "self-deporting"?

Nonetheless, none of that is necessary to know whether or not illegals are stealing jobs. In fact, all this hand wringing over these particular numbers is a giant red herring.

The evidence which blows the belief illegals are stealing jobs out of the water is elsewhere, and is right in front of your faces.

Last edited:
We can all plainly see what the Dims are up to.

They will not budge.

NO to border security means no. Not now. Not ever. Never

Given that, the folks who had been demanding "border security" as a condition of supporting the new immigration "plan," SHOULD have stuck to their guns and just said NO to the immigration legislation WHOLESALE.

If Reid and Obama will not negotiate in good faith (and they don't and they won't), then they should be taught that they will NOT get ANY reward.

But that's not what our feckless GOP "leaders" [sic] do.

They toss up their hands and whine "but what can we do? We TRIIIIIIEEEDD!"

Fucking pussies. Shut it down, you dopey bastards. It's YOUR turn to JUST say NO.

You own the House. And you CAN have a filibuster in the fucking Senate. Gridlock those liberal Democrat fucks.

But they won't.

The blame, folks, is not with Reid and Obama. They are DOING what THEY think is the right thing. And they are even making inroads.

The blame is entirely on the side of the GOP.

And how would you stop them from getting jobs and benefits?

What benefits do you think illegals are getting? Please provide cites for each.

Oh geez, even you can't be serious. First of all, they get a job here, which is a benefit.

Then housing, healthcare, education....

Economic impact of illegal immigrants in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

All you have is a Wiki link? Really?

Can you show any cites about how illegals are being given housing at our expense? For all you know, they are paying rent out of their wages, so that is not a "benefit" in the sense you clearly intended. Show they are getting free housing.

I also see you did not repeat your previous claims you have made on this forum about welfare, food stamps, and so forth. So I guess I am finally getting through in a small way.

Anti-immigrants like yourself greatly exaggerate the negative impacts of illegal immigrants, and make many a bogus claim about the "benefits" they are receiving.

See all those little links on the bottom of the page? Check them out, halfwit. Wow. Yes they are getting Welfare, Foostamps and HUD benefits. You can look that up for yourself. I won't let you remain ignorant.

I will say this to you as I do to all dim witted liberals:

I am not anti-Immigrant, I am anti- ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT! Get it straight you stereotypical moron.

If arrests are up, would that not support the claim the border is more secure since we are catching more of them?

LOL! That is the dumbest point yet. Catching more illegal aliens proves the border is more secure is like saying there are less pedophiles because we've been arresting more pedophiles. It's like saying there is less crime in the U.S. because we have more people in prisons.

We can allegedly insure 300 million people, but can't keep our borders secure or find 11 million.

Such is the nature of a political prism.

When you promote legislation to buy votes, logic goes out the door.

It used to be that politicians wrote laws that had some benefit to society as a whole.

Now they write laws to benefit their own power.

LOL! That is the dumbest point yet. Catching more illegal aliens proves the border is more secure is like saying there are less pedophiles because we've been arresting more pedophiles. It's like saying there is less crime in the U.S. because we have more people in prisons.

I'd rep you if I could rep you, but I'm fresh out for the day.

Yeah, that's just as crazy as saying less guns equal less crime hey?

hahahahaha! The border is more secure now than it ever has been.

You're almost there! So close to seeing the evidence in front of you that illegals are not stealing jobs. Think this through. Keep going...

That doesn't even make sense. If illegals are not stealing jobs then why are they coming here? For the McDonalds dollar menu meal?

Last edited:
We can allegedly insure 300 million people, but can't keep our borders secure or find 11 million.

Such is the nature of a political prism.

When you promote legislation to buy votes, logic goes out the door.

It used to be that politicians wrote laws that had some benefit to society as a whole.

Now they write laws to benefit their own power.

You said PRISM.

*GASP*

That doesn't even make sense. If illegals are not stealing jobs then why are they coming here? For the McDonalds dollar menu meal?

They are coming here for jobs which Americans won't do. It is called MIGRANT work for a reason, and Americans are not going to leave their suburban tract houses, pile into their Ford Focuses, and drive from farm to farm to farm to farm over several states to pick lettuce in California, then walnuts in Oregon, then asparagus in Washington, then potatoes in Idaho, and so forth.

Migrant work is, by definition, a series of temp jobs over a huge geographical area. Few Americans are going to do that. At any wage.

Every prosperous nation has a large immigrant labor force to do the shit jobs the natives won't do.

We are not meeting the immigrant labor demand with a proper legal immigrant labor supply. Employers are forced to use illegal labor as a result.

Here is the evidence that is right in front of your faces: Take a look at the unemployment rates in the years preceding the economic crash.

We had an unemployment rate that was effectively zero. 4.6% was as low as was feasibly possible.

With pretty much the same number of immigrants we have now.

Immigrants are not stealing jobs.

Our unemployed are out of work because of the crash, dipshits. Because of the fuckheads on Wall Street and in Congress. Not darkies.

Last edited:

They are coming here for jobs which Americans won't do. It is called MIGRANT work for a reason, and Americans are not going to leave their suburban tract houses, pile into their Ford Focuses, and drive from farm to farm to farm to farm over several states to pick lettuce in California, then walnuts in Oregon, then asparagus in Washington, then potatoes in Idaho, and so forth.

Migrant work is, by definition, a series of temp jobs over a huge geographical area. Few Americans are going to do that. At any wage.

Every prosperous nation has a large immigrant labor force to do the shit jobs the natives won't do.

We are not meeting the immigrant labor demand with a proper legal immigrant labor supply. Employers are forced to use illegal labor as a result.

Here is the evidence that is right in front of your faces: Take a look at the unemployment rates in the years preceding the economic crash.

We had an unemployment rate that was effectively zero. 4.6% was as low as was feasibly possible.

Our unemployed are out of work because of the crash, dipshits. Because of the fuckheads on Wall Street and in Congress. Not darkies.

Here's a bright idea:

Maybe if we motivated the existing American labor force to get off their asses and work, maybe we wouldn't need to rely on illegal immigrant labor.

I envy your economic status that would have you believe that everybody who is looking for a job lives in a suburban tract house and drives a Ford Focus. The jobs that are being stolen from american citizens are jobs that used to be "reserved" for the lower economically viable portion of our country or high school kids. There was always a place in our system for the less educated, down on their luck, young people in our country before ILLEGAL immigration became a problem. This nation always found a way to provide menial labor occupations even when there were only a million ILLEGAL aliens in this country in the eighties and before. Somehow our tables got bussed and our dishes got washed.
I think one of the most elitist and aloof responses I've heard about ILLEGAL aliens was a talk show host on MSNBC ask why he should be worried about loosing his job to an "undocumented immigrant". Of course HE doesn't have to worry about loosing his job. His gardner and house workers have to worry though. Also, paying people under the table under minimum wage is illegal and should be.

Secure the border or amnesty will provide only one thing, millions more illegals demanding they get AMNESTY TOO.

I have no problem with securing the border. But that is not the actual aim of Grassley's amendment which is the subject of this thread.

The actual aim was to kill the whole bill. It was a poison pill. A legislative con for the rubes.

The border cannot be secured within the next six months. As I said, that is as realistic as an amendment calling for the national debt to be paid by the end of next week.

Smoke and mirrors, Gunny.

The illegal immigration problem is not going to be solved with a wall. There is no magic bullet. It is a multi-faceted problem, and to put the entire onus on the INS in the next six months is a dick move, and nothing more.

Our quota system is whacked. It needs to reflect reality. And the reality is we are not meeting the labor demand with a legal labor supply.

The leaky border will not be solved by a wall. That is one of the biggest boondoggles of all time. A tremendous waste of money just to please the fucking rubes. The very same rubes who claim to be fiscal conservatives!

There are far better tools to secure the border than a wall. And they are coming. They are being developed. I've seen some very promising things in the pipeline.

But that shit isn't going to happen in the next six months. The six month amendment has nothing to do with border security, and only the most gullible of amoebas would buy that it does.

I envy your economic status that would have you believe that everybody who is looking for a job lives in a suburban tract house and drives a Ford Focus. The jobs that are being stolen from american citizens are jobs that used to be "reserved" for the lower economically viable portion of our country or high school kids. There was always a place in our system for the less educated, down on their luck, young people in our country before ILLEGAL immigration became a problem. This nation always found a way to provide menial labor occupations even when there were only a million ILLEGAL aliens in this country in the eighties and before. Somehow our tables got bussed and our dishes got washed.
I think one of the most elitist and aloof responses I've heard about ILLEGAL aliens was a talk show host on MSNBC ask why he should be worried about loosing his job to an "undocumented immigrant". Of course HE doesn't have to worry about loosing his job. His gardner and house workers have to worry though. Also, paying people under the table under minimum wage is illegal and should be.

How hilarious is this? You are addressing the symptom and ignoring the disease!

Let's take a look at the phrases and words you chose. "Less educated". "Lower economically viable portion of our country". "Down on their luck".

Again, the evidence is right in front of your face.

"Less educated". BINGO! We have a shit educational system. Again, not the fault of the darkies.

We need to be training our children for the jobs of tomorrow, not the jobs of yesterday. We need to be making nanotechnologists, software engineers, and the like. Not goddam lettuce pickers!

If we want to maintain our prosperity, we don't need to be lynching darkies like a bunch of ignorant fucking rednecks. We need to maintain our edge with education.

The darkies aren't stealing your future, son. Your own people are.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back