Dems want new controls on journalists

Wildman

Gold Member
Mar 19, 2013
this Side of Heaven
“But here is the bottom line – the media shield law, which I am prepared to support, and I know Sen. Graham supports, still leaves an unanswered question, which I have raised many times: What is a journalist today in 2013? We know it’s someone that works for Fox or AP, but does it include a blogger? Does it include someone who is tweeting? Are these people journalists and entitled to constitutional protection? We need to ask 21st century questions about a provision that was written over 200 years ago.”
Read more at Rush: Dems want new controls on journalists

looks like anyone posting on an open forum like USMessageBoard is going to need a license, as old Dickhead "Turbin" Durbin wants !!

you liarberal clowns and your slave masters never cease to amuse me. :laugh2:

the-sky-is-falling-2.jpg

Lush Rimbaugh has stated that he gets paid to stir up the willfully ignorant rw's. Google it.

remember when Bush did not allow the most respected journalist in the country to be in the press room

A month ago they were whining about the 2nd Amendment. Today it's the 1st Amendment. That pesky Constitution keeps getting in the way of the democrat agenda.

“But here is the bottom line – the media shield law, which I am prepared to support, and I know Sen. Graham supports, still leaves an unanswered question, which I have raised many times: What is a journalist today in 2013? We know it’s someone that works for Fox or AP, but does it include a blogger? Does it include someone who is tweeting? Are these people journalists and entitled to constitutional protection? We need to ask 21st century questions about a provision that was written over 200 years ago.”

looks like anyone posting on an open forum like USMessageBoard is going to need a license, as old Dickhead "Turbin" Durbin wants !!

Why don't you google "media shield law" and actually take the time to read about it and understand it before you swallow Rush's horse manure--hook, line, and sinker.

Has nothing to do with licensing people posting on internet message boards.

There is no doubt in my mind that you would extend first amendment rights to jihadist websites that recruit people to terrorize Americans.

Hey, TM, the question is still pending, who are all these brilliant, respected journalists that the Bush WH kept out?

Durbin's comments were disturbing.

If and when government gets to decide who they consider "real journalists" it's a dangerous time.

Who is Helen Thomas because she criticized da pres. I knew then that the pres had no spine.

Forum List

Back