Denver baker sued for refusing to write anti-gay slogans on cake

Post any stance BY ME that conflicts with the above, or stfu and quit making a fool of yourself.
Did you support forcing a baker to cater a gay wedding?

If the caterer is a business offering wedding catering to the public, then yes - they cannot discriminate against same sex weddings any more than they could discriminate against a Jewish wedding, or a mixed race wedding.
Okay, then if the other baker writes anything on his cupcakes, then he cannot discriminate either.

Yes he can because he is only defining the content of his products available for sale, not discriminating against a person or group of persons.
The baker that was forced to bake the gay cake, the cake was offensive to him, but since you disagree with him. He had to do it. You agree with the other baker, so he doesn't have to follow the same guidelines. Your wrong.
They both were required to bake cakes. The gay baker did. You'RE wrong. :D

But another baker is forced to conform to a queers needs? Don't think so.
You're required to bake the cake but you don't have to bake the hate. This guy is just a punk POS member of the American Taliban.
If you force one than the other has to do the same. Liberals opened this pandors box, even after you were warned. Now live in the filth you have created. We will soon have a father and daughter married and they have plans to bear children. Congratulations.
They are required, by law, to bake the cake if they bake cakes. They are not required to do anything beyond that.

And the choices of two adults in this case are really none of your business now are they? At least that's what your kind usually says eh?
the choice of the other guy and the baker is also none of your business. Liberals made the case you cannot discriminate no matter what. The baker forced to bake the gay cake, that was offensive to him, but not to you. Had to do it. The baker that is trying to be forced to to something that is offensive to him, but not the customer. You agree with this baker so he doesn't have to comply with the law the other baker does. That's not right. Try to be consistent.

You dodged my license plate analogy and further lost your argument.

Let's try another one.

A store that sells caps does not have to sell yarmulkes, but on the other hand they cannot refuse to sell their other caps to a person because he's Jewish.

Get it NOW????

Every far stance known to exist..

That was easy, next!!

Post any stance BY ME that conflicts with the above, or stfu and quit making a fool of yourself.

If the caterer is a business offering wedding catering to the public, then yes - they cannot discriminate against same sex weddings any more than they could discriminate against a Jewish wedding, or a mixed race wedding.
Okay, then if the other baker writes anything on his cupcakes, then he cannot discriminate either.

So the State of Virginia is in violation of anti-discrimination laws with this?

Guidelines
The Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) will not approve an application for a personalized license plate if the requested plate contains any combination of characters that in any way carries a connotation which may reasonably be seen by a person viewing the license plate as:
  1. Profane, obscene, or vulgar in nature.
  2. Sexually explicit or graphic.
  3. Excretory related.
  4. Used to describe intimate body parts or genitals.
  5. Used to describe drugs, drug culture, or drug use.
  6. Used to condone or encourage violence.
  7. Used to describe illegal activities or illegal substances.
Yeah so you can't have a i'm gay plate. See there is consistency in that. Neither a anti gay person or a gay person can have a plate, but in your world a gay person gets their cake. An anti gay person cannot. Thanks for proving my point.

Yes he can because he is only defining the content of his products available for sale, not discriminating against a person or group of persons.
The baker that was forced to bake the gay cake, the cake was offensive to him, but since you disagree with him. He had to do it. You agree with the other baker, so he doesn't have to follow the same guidelines. Your wrong.

His customers were offensive to him. He does not have the right to discriminate against PEOPLE. He does have the right to decide what products he sells.
Liberalism is a mental disease.

jknowgood

I'm a straight male. But I am not 'anti-gay'. To me, homosexuals pose no threat. If they want to enter a stabilizing institution like marriage, it does not threaten the existence of my marriage at all. Homosexuals do no harm, they commit no crimes by simply being homosexual, they are no more promiscuous than heterosexuals.

Why would anyone think that repressing homosexuals is anywhere close to the right thing to do? Why do you count yourself among the 'anti-gay'?

So the State of Virginia is in violation of anti-discrimination laws with this?

Guidelines
The Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) will not approve an application for a personalized license plate if the requested plate contains any combination of characters that in any way carries a connotation which may reasonably be seen by a person viewing the license plate as:
  1. Profane, obscene, or vulgar in nature.
  2. Sexually explicit or graphic.
  3. Excretory related.
  4. Used to describe intimate body parts or genitals.
  5. Used to describe drugs, drug culture, or drug use.
  6. Used to condone or encourage violence.
  7. Used to describe illegal activities or illegal substances.
Yeah so you can't have a i'm gay plate. See there is consistency in that. Neither a anti gay person or a gay person can have a plate, but in your world a gay person gets their cake. An anti gay person cannot. Thanks for proving my point.

Your point?

Can the State of Virginia legally deny a registration/plates to someone because they are gay?

Let me help you. NO.

That proves my point.

You're required to bake the cake but you don't have to bake the hate. This guy is just a punk POS member of the American Taliban.
If you force one than the other has to do the same. Liberals opened this pandors box, even after you were warned. Now live in the filth you have created. We will soon have a father and daughter married and they have plans to bear children. Congratulations.
They are required, by law, to bake the cake if they bake cakes. They are not required to do anything beyond that.

And the choices of two adults in this case are really none of your business now are they? At least that's what your kind usually says eh?
the choice of the other guy and the baker is also none of your business. Liberals made the case you cannot discriminate no matter what. The baker forced to bake the gay cake, that was offensive to him, but not to you. Had to do it. The baker that is trying to be forced to to something that is offensive to him, but not the customer. You agree with this baker so he doesn't have to comply with the law the other baker does. That's not right. Try to be consistent.
They are both required to bake and sell cakes, if they bake and sell cakes. That's it. Neither is required to put the artwork on showing you jerking off to Sarah Palin pictures, got it now?
Better than you jacking off to your Obama posters, but the baker was being forced to make a decorated gay cake, so again what's your point?
The point is, which you are having such a hard time understanding, they both get the cake but the message is up to the buyer to make happen. Reasonable people can see the difference between Happy Birthday Suzy and Kill All Faggots, but I'm betting that you can't however the courts, no so dumb as you.

His customers were offensive to him. He does not have the right to discriminate against PEOPLE. He does have the right to decide what products he sells.
Liberalism is a mental disease.

Is a bookstore required to sell Bibles? NO

Can a bookstore legally refuse service to Christians? NO

What is inconsistent about that?

I think he has to sell them cakes, but I don't know about having to write the messages in frosting the couple wants. This will be a messy fight.

Denver baker sued for refusing to write anti-gay slogans on cake - Yahoo News
The baker will win because he's protected by free speech. You're right that it would be illegal to sell him a cake, not illegal to refuse to write something on the cake. This Jack guy's no more than a pathetic clown looking for his 15 minutes.

Would not be illegal to refuse to sell him a cake. Guy owns the restaurant, has the right to refuse service to anyone.

You don't actually have the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason, you know that, right?

The Right to Refuse Service

Thats all gray area stuff. You have the right to patronize or not patronize whereas the business owner has the right to refusal. The owner doesn't even need to give a reason.

I think he has to sell them cakes, but I don't know about having to write the messages in frosting the couple wants. This will be a messy fight.

You can't have it both ways selective liberal equal protection supporters! If you force a Christian baker to bake a cake for a gay wedding, then a baker must bake a cake for an anti-gay event (something I find as deplorable)!

Does a bookstore have to sell Bibles?

The baker will win because he's protected by free speech. You're right that it would be illegal to sell him a cake, not illegal to refuse to write something on the cake. This Jack guy's no more than a pathetic clown looking for his 15 minutes.

Would not be illegal to refuse to sell him a cake. Guy owns the restaurant, has the right to refuse service to anyone.

You don't actually have the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason, you know that, right?

Thats all gray area stuff. You have the right to patronize or not patronize whereas the business owner has the right to refusal. The owner doesn't even need to give a reason.

What planet are you posting from?

You can't have it both ways selective liberal equal protection supporters! If you force a Christian baker to bake a cake for a gay wedding, then a baker must bake a cake for an anti-gay event (something I find as deplorable)!
Yes, and she offered to bake the cake, as was required. What she did not offered to do was help him spread his hatred, but he never wanted the cake in the first place, he just wanted to make his very weak and inaccurate point.

The business owner has the right to refusal just as the patron has the right to patronize or not patronize. The owner nor the patron need any reason.

Evidently, you're still ignorant of such laws.

Yes, and she offered to bake the cake, as was required. What she did not offered to do was help him spread his hatred, but he never wanted the cake in the first place, he just wanted to make his very weak and inaccurate point.

So when the Christian baker (which I am not Christian) states they will bake the cake (as many will do), but they won't put on the two 2 men or 2 women then a hypocrite asswipe like you is AOK with that?

Regardless of what you think, if you support in your liberal anti-Christian hypocrisy that right of the government to force a Christian baker into baking the cake they don't want to bake, then you are a hypocrite to see this differently.

I fully support this bakers right to REFUSE this deplorable people's business, but then I also believe the Christian baker has the right to say no to a gay wedding.

Evidently, you're still ignorant of such laws.

If you can cite a law where a business owner can refuse service to someone because of their race, by all means,

post it.

jknowgood

I'm a straight male. But I am not 'anti-gay'. To me, homosexuals pose no threat. If they want to enter a stabilizing institution like marriage, it does not threaten the existence of my marriage at all. Homosexuals do no harm, they commit no crimes by simply being homosexual, they are no more promiscuous than heterosexuals.

Why would anyone think that repressing homosexuals is anywhere close to the right thing to do? Why do you count yourself among the 'anti-gay'?
I don't hate gay people. I think the idea of it is sick, but what people do in their lives is their business. Lately though they want it to be my business. I was for civil unions for gays, give them every right heterosexuals get when they are married. Not good enough, they want to be married. Which is supposed to be between a man and woman under God. I'm tired of it being shoved in my face, that's it. Gays have redefined marriage, now we are fixing to have a blood related father and daughter getting married and they plan to have kids. So congratulations! Liberals are making our society a cess pool.

So when the Christian baker (which I am not Christian) states they will bake the cake (as many will do), but they won't put on the two 2 men or 2 women then a hypocrite asswipe like you is AOK with that?

Regardless of what you think, if you support in your liberal anti-Christian hypocrisy that right of the government to force a Christian baker into baking the cake they don't want to bake, then you are a hypocrite to see this differently.

I fully support this bakers right to REFUSE this deplorable people's business, but then I also believe the Christian baker has the right to say no to a gay wedding.

They might get away with that if their policy was to put NO figures on any of their cakes.

jknowgood

I don't hate gay people. I think the idea of it is sick, but what people do in their lives is their business. Lately though they want it to be my business. I was for civil unions for gays, give them every right heterosexuals get when they are married. Not good enough, they want to be married. Which is supposed to be between a man and woman under God. I'm tired of it being shoved in my face, that's it. Gays have redefined marriage, now we are fixing to have a blood related father and daughter getting married and they plan to have kids. So congratulations! Liberals are making our society a cess pool.

The incest marriage was legal BEFORE same sex marriage.

Forum List

Back